EL W Europa League Group A

Manchester United 1:0 FC Zorya Luhansk

Post-match discussion

Thu, 29 September 2016

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A win is a win, but we looked absolutely Crap tonight.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
When Fellaini is bad, he is really bad. That's all I have got to say.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Very good at times, and very tumescent and shit at others. 3 points in the bag.
Fellaini is terrible with the ball. Rooney is done.

Leg-End

There is plenty of good in this team but there is equal amounts of bad. Jose has a job on but he clearly knows it, it's September and I'm not arsed..........yet.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
feck Fellaini off, feck Rojo off, feck Rooney off and feck Lingard off then we will win the league :)

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Very bad.

Didn't see the point of starting Zlatan or Pogba as both will play against Stoke as well on Sunday.

Ban

Decent 1st not so decent 2nd but I dont care. 3 points is all that matters. DDG, Carrick, Valencia, Blind, Martial and Herrera all fresh for Sunday.
Hopefully not Fellaini and Rooney though.

AndyJ1985

Another awful European performance, but getting 3 points is the main thing.

littlepeasoup

Missed The Fall for that.

Don't think any of the changes brought in have made a case for starting against stoke and I hope we go with the same starting XI as Leicester.

Fellaini continues to perplex and annoy. Rooney with the dodgiest assist of his long and distinguished career.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dire, really really dire vs. an opponent which would have little hope to survive a single season in the EPL.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Really poor. 5/10 performance. The team simply didn't work.

The team selection meant we were completely unable to move the ball forward from the back at pace. As a result Pogba went searching for the ball, and in the process he went missing. Genuinely terrible performance from him.

When we did manage to get the ball forward we looked okay, but the lack of speed meant we were trying to play through them almost every time. It was a real slog and we looked needlessly anxious towards the end too.

Roll on Saturday and what I hope will be the return of Ander Herrera to the base of our midfield.

CallyRed

Rojo is terrible. He has no defensive intelligence. He just acts on impulse and their normally the wrong decisions.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know why we continue to play the technically deficient players like Rojo and Fellaini in matches we're guaranteed to be totally in control of possession is. It just causes to plod about with the ball until something happens.

VanGaalyTime

The team selection meant we were completely unable to move the ball forward from the back at pace. As a result Pogba went searching for the ball, and in the process he went missing. Genuinely terrible performance from him.

When we did manage to get the ball forward we looked okay, but the lack of speed meant we were trying to play through them almost every time. It was a real slog and we looked needlessly anxious towards the end too.

Roll on Saturday and what I hope will be the return of Ander Herrera to the base of our midfield.
Glad someone agrees with my assessment of Pogba. I got slated in the match thread, but I expected so much more from Pogba. Was alongside Fellaini as one of our worst today.

Barnslig

"Rooney on instant impact - if he means that or not" How on earth can you look at that and even have the slightest thought that he intended to misshit that ball with his knee to what looked like a shit pass which Zlatan did the most out of is beyond me :mad:

"When he's on, they want him off, when he's off, they want him on", no. Just no. We don't want him on, at all.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yet another game of creating next to nothing from open play.

Mihai

The highlight of the game was that Rooney pass to Martial

Ban

All this plus our fullbacks were rarely involved, TFM a little, Rojo was non existent in attack.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Not a good game for us but there were some good signs for me. We are using some passing systems that we werent using under LVG and they will get better as the players get used to them and more accomplished at them. There were also some signs that the reading of closing off the second pass is getting better. Makes me believe that there is good work going on at training, hopefully with a bit more time we will start to see more significant improvement on the pitch.

Hed Zitin

We've become a shocking club in Europe. 4th in Ukraine...

The squad depth is dreadful. Why is Rojo playing?

Don't give a shit we won. Crap.

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 458 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Zorya win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 37% Man Utd 3:0 Zorya