EL L Europa League Group A

Feyenoord 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 15 September 2016

U99ted

Same old shit. No quality on display at all.

All despite playing 4-3-3 and with no Rooney.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Let's sack the manager and sign 150 million pounds worth of players! Who is with me redcafe?!??
Some of them are turning on him already

Me and you were by far in the minority of not wanting Jose, but now that he is here both willing to give him more than 5 fecking games

Irrational.

We lost to an offside goal in a hostile stadium, but we were exceptionally poor. We're lacking ideas up front.

Paul Scholes scraping the barrel for positives in the post-match: "he gave players minutes, United will cruise this group" :lol:

Manny

Grammar Police
Darmian and Rojo were utter shite thoughout.

Herrera, Pogba and Schneiderlin were completely missing in the second half.

friend

Lacking any sort of ideas on how to actually attack when in possession. A very disappointing performance even if there were quite a lot of players playing their first match.

Blue always red

This is our level. We need some 'shit' players back in the team who will do the running instead of a bunch of top dogs who want to dictate play. 4-4-2 next game with Rashford - Fellaini - Pogba - Valencia and Rooney - Ibra up top.

Djemba-Djemba

Couldn't care less about this match honestly. I'll be happy enough if we lose 3 more group games and go out. I just wish we play lesser first teamers in these games though.
Absolutely ridiculous attitude to have.

That match was utterly fecking dreadful though. All the enthusiasm I had a few weeks ago has gone, reality has kicked in. We still have some huge flaws.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The easiest away match in the group and we just looked so clueless. We don't look like a unit in attack, we're seem too reliant on one player to deliver a moment of magic.

siw2007

I don't know whether we just didn't try or what, but that was really poor. No tempo to our attack and our passing was terrible. I felt Pogba tried way too hard and ended up losing the ball far too often.

Poor goal to concede as the defence was probably the only part of the team that played ok.

NK86

Terrible. I don't get why we sat off fecking Feyeneoord with three physical central midfielders and two pacy CBs. Push up, press them, force mistakes and get your attacking players into the game.

No fecking idea what staying so deep was meant to achieve, especially when Mata is one of our wingers :houllier:
So many times Rashford was pressing and then he turns around with the whole team sitting inside our half. It was like they thought we are facing Barca at Camp Nou. The tactics and the really unnecessary overtly defensive mindset will really hurt us.

Womp

idiot
Couldn't care less about this match honestly. I'll be happy enough if we lose 3 more group games and go out. I just wish we play lesser first teamers in these games though.
Aye this, pointless competition, couldn't give a toss tbf. Drop out and focus on the Prem.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Shockingly bad.

You would expect that a team managed by Mourinho, with Ibra, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Herrera, Smalling, De Gea all featuring, would simply swat this Dutch team aside.

The team is still way less than the sum of its components, the manager's magic isn't showing, we seem to be turning up with the wrong tactics all the time, poor subs, top players are going missing, we are getting basics like completing passes or playing out from midfield totally wrong, and there is no individual magic from any player.

The entire squad looks shocking, from top to bottom. I am worried.

SirScholes

i hope this puts to bed the rooney performance nonsense holding him pretty much soley responsible for our slow build ups, herrera showing again that he is a squad player nothing more depay still shit pogba started trying to do everything on his own because our midfield is just useless. Rojo and Darmian still shite as well.

havin said all that its not an easy place to go and we could of done without jose totally shitting on the competition in his presser, the players dont need to hear how no one cares about the cup he should of been bigging it up and make them think its something to play for

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Let's just not lose on Sunday. Don't want this becoming a habit. Shit happens let's move on.

Tbh, it's the aftermath that I'm not keen on - the pundits, the journalists adding more pressure. We can't lose or draw nowadays without being under pressure instantly from outsiders.

Otherwise, the players need a kick up their backsides.

Raw

On another note, how the feck did they only get one yellow all game? Must have made at least 20 fouls.

montpelier

Terrible game, they wanted it more than us.

No need to panic, but take the opportunity to leave Memphis behind in Holland.

Kostur

海尔的老板
This is all on Mourinho.

His negative approach.
His players weak mentality
So many players who underperform can't be a coincidence
Where is his gameplan???

I'm furious!!!! Not acceptable.
This is all but on Mourinho today for me. Whereas his tactics for City have been shite fair and square today we've gotten everything Caf wanted. 3 man midfield, even if you want to call it just 2 men midfield then Pogba was still at #10 with all the freedom. No Rooney, no Zlatan, pacey Rashford and Martial, Herrera and Schneiderlin together in midfield without the oaf. Still it's hard for me to think of a chance when we've trully looked like scoring today.

Amazing.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We didn't deserve to win, but neither did they. Offside goal, and they should have been down to 9 men. Van der Heijden should have had a second yellow on two occasions. Botteghin didn't get any yellows even though he made about 10 fouls.

They made 23 fouls. That's rather excessive. Everything meaningful we started results in one of our players being kicked up into the air.

Horrible team.

We were shit too though. 0-0 would have been fair.

Deleted member 101472

Rojo might be the worst player we have ever had, completely his fault for the goal

Red4Life_#7

We need Zlatan and Rashford on the pitch at the same time. Rojo looked way off the pace today... Pogba was trying, but needs to be more advanced and move the ball quicker.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Cant imagine we will see much more of Rojo or Memphis this season, with Darmian, Schneiderlin and Young not all that far behind. Ref had a poor game but we were awful.

Devil may care

Stop the presses!!........Oh wait, we never started them.

Technically sloppy, slow, sluggish, lacking in any attacking dynamism and devoid of cohesion, yes there were several layers that haven't played any minutes this season but nothing can excuse that level of shitness from the team.

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 460 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Feyenoord win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Feyenoord 0:2 Man Utd
  • 17% Feyenoord 1:2 Man Utd