EL W Europa League Group A

Manchester United 4:0 Feyenoord

Post-match discussion

Thu, 24 November 2016

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Gave Jones my man of the match because I thought he'd probably appreciate it the most.
The 4 behind Ibra were all great I thought, particularly Rooney and Mkhi. 4-1-4-1 is a good formation when we are playing teams of this level, though a couple teams we got carved open too easily.
I think Rooney and Mkhi did enough to stay in the team. I'd bring Herrera in for Mata and push Pogba forward vs West Ham (not a slight on Mata, just think we need a bit more bite in CM and one of them have to lose out).
I'm sure he's looking on in delight mate.

Carolina Red

Staff
Very pleased with the attacking performance today. Romero bailed us out of a couple of shaky defensive moments in the 1st half, but we played on the front foot for most of the game. Good to see us put that many past the keeper and good to see Rooney have a good outing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Front 4 was brilliant today, linked up really well and created chances at will in that second half. Mata and Mkhitaryan showing their class, and rooney way improved from earlier. Pogba starting to be consistent and controlling games with us, no surprise that he needed Carrick next to him for that. Romero was really good today as well, saved us in that first half which could have made it a lot trickier.

GwynnieJ

Who got man of the match? I was watching in Russian to avoid Savage. Right choice by the sound of it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The main difference between this and our last few home games was we took our chances. Although Ibra still managed to miss a 1 v 1! :lol:

The football was beautiful at times, which was typified by the fourth goal. No idea how many passes there were in that move!

Good days work.

donkeyfish

Second half was among the best we've been, complete domination. However, I think Feyenoord played completely crap. Like the game against Swansea, or even Bournemouth last season.

Still, several good performances in a row now. Lets hope it keeps going.

Mkhitaryan was great in the second half and good in the first, at least considering his situation. A good experience.

Even Rooney looked great today, energetic and effective.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

Feels so good to sit here and actually want to listen to the post match chat from Scholes and Owen. Very rarely happens. Makes you wonder why we can't show this form more often, feel really chuffed! Will mean very little though if we don't go out and do similar to West Ham, this MUST continue!

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Thoroughly enjoyed that, especially the second half after Feyenoord opened up a bit.
Rooney MOM, Mkhi is going to be great here with more match practice
Pogba Mata good and Jones looked solid apart from the one moment in the first half, Romero great double save.

Really good team performance, the individuals are beginning to gel.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Jones, Mkhi, Pogba, Tony V, Mata, attacking football and goals...actual positives!

Witchking

Finally we have seen a small hint of the old United. We need to keep this up now. Well done Mkhi, Rooney Shaw, Mata, Pogba, plus a clean sheet finally.

wolvored

Played well. Scored goals. Didnt park the bus...At last the pennys dropped lol

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Lets be honest we've played as well as that many times this season and not got the goals. Im just happy we finished our chances.
This.

We should have been on a winning streak run. We've been dominant and playing well but never showed results.

We should have been on a run of wins against Burnley, Arsenal and thus game but we just didn't translated our good performances in those 2 previous games in wins.

siw2007

Great win tonight! Really felt like watching United of old. Exciting, captivating attacking football and players who performed with confidence and ambition.

The most important thing is to take this performance into Sunday's game. Consistency is key and we have to show it!!

Devil may care

Good performance, I really liked the fluidity of the 3 behind Ibra, we've had this performance coming.

Fingeredmouse

It was so good to see Rooney look like the player he used to be again.

Very exciting from Mkhitaryan...lovely footballing mind.

Pogba coming on too.

Zlatan needs to start finishing though.

Fingeredmouse

Why is Owen pretending Rooney was being psychic for his assist, when you can clearly see, in the many, many replays which he is droning hypnotically over, that Rooney looked and saw Mata. With his fecking eyes.

Last edited:

The_Order

Imagine having Micheal Targaryan on your roster and not playing him and then complaining about bad luck.

Ibra has to stop waiting for the ball to come to him and put away his chances.

Otherwise, great performance by the team.

Lingard as well showing his quality, Those celebrations are becoming more and more elaborate

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Pissed off?
Yeah, BT bloke mentioned him at the wedding and he said tersely 'I never set foot in the wedding and it's disappointing I'm having to answer questions about it after a result like that'.

diarm

Very bloody enjoyable!

Another match which shows how buggered we are when Carrick isn't there though. The front 5 were great but they could attack at will because he was simply top class behind them.

Delighted for Mkhitaryan as well. If himself, Rooney and Mata can play like that consistently, there could be a season in this yet.

Man of the Match

Henrikh Mkhitaryan image Henrikh Mkhitaryan 47% of 704 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 492 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Feyenoord win
  • Draw