EL W Europa League Group A

Manchester United 4:0 Feyenoord

Post-match discussion

Thu, 24 November 2016

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good words from Rooney. Made it personal with the interviewer with the "people like you" comment. Good to see a player not bow down to the media and stick something back their way.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Could anyone post links to the post match interviews, feckers on Noggie tv has moved it to the pay channel.

hobbers

So it turns out we had an answer to De Bruyne all along. Just never got on the fecking pitch.

podurban2

Honestly just happy we played well and especially that I can't detect any negativity on here (must say something). Just makes going into any thread so much more enjoyable. Long may it continue.

ThaReaper01

No he was not lol, he was majestic in comparison to he few months but over the last 5 years it was a average Rooney performance, which was good.
Lolwut. Did you watch the match? They couldn't get near him. If anyone else performed like that you'd be cumming yourself in delight but because it's Rooney, it's an "average performance". Get a life.

NoLogo

Good game against admitedly not the strongest opponent in the world but we all know we had trouble beating even opponents like this in the past, so I'm grateful for every opponent we actually beat while giving a dominating performance.

I hope we can translate this into some sort of PL form now and start scoring there again as well.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Feckers that can't see Rooney was great tonight needs some new specs. I am a very active Rooney basher, but he was great tonight.

ZAGREB RED

Great to see United playing some brilliant football and getting the reward for it, hopefully can build on this result and start to take things forward. Rooney was outstanding, only just edging out Mhyktaryan for MOTM. Encouraging signs.
Robbie Savage doesn't like Zlatan, does he, all the while he is talking about Rooney's poor treatment recently, he criticised Ibrahimovic at every opportunity - "no he's not getting that goal, no way" - get a life, Robbie. I don't mind him most of the time but sometimes he just waffles absolute garbage.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
@GifLord Would you be able to capture the entire build up to Lingard's goal tonight? There had to be a dozen passes before Lingard hit the back of the net. We cut them open like a knife going through butter.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Everyone had a good game. Graudually we are getting better and more enjoyable to watch. Mhkitaryan has to start against West Ham after that.

I won't be getting carried away as all of these weaker European sides give us time on the ball that we don't get in the premier league.

Chrissypop

Lolwut. Did you watch the match? They couldn't get near him. If anyone else performed like that you'd be cumming yourself in delight but because it's Rooney, it's an "average performance". Get a life.
You have obviously not seen Rooney's career, watch back some of his matches mate, this is pretty standard for Rooney he did well and is more than capable of this every week.

rednotled

Enjoyed that. Felt like a big win was coming and looks like we have something about us again.

On a tangent, thought the ref was outstanding tonight. Hardly noticed him and didn't feel "cheated" when a marginal call went against us. Even at 1-0 and we could've done with a break.

Well done to him.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Enjoyable performance! :drool:
The results will come if we continue like this.

Mkhitaryan is exactly what this team needs. Hope Jose realises that. Him for MotM, Rooney not too far behind.

Glideman

That Henrik fella isn't too bad is he?

Rooney was fantastic! Pogba was good again, so was Carrick.

I honestly think we are going to batter West Ham on Sunday

Camilo

Thought Jones was excellent today - an actual footballer who can defend and play football. Pogba was messy but great, and Rooney looked pretty good actually! Nice to see Mkhitaryan play (first time I've seen him proper), thought he was decent but didn't really do much, especially considering how little Feyenoord showed. Carrick looked like a fecking boss - what a player still (especially for a man who's first picture on google is him golfing!)

Delighted, and looking forward to the weekend.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
If Mkhitaryan got a nice goal and a fantastic assist today people would have been creaming themselves.

Thought Mkhi did extremely well and has given Jose a headache whether to start him at the weekend or not.

Rooney pretty much has to start after that.

Mata is one of our best players if not our best. He's been in great form this season.

Fantastic night in grinning ear to ear

Nanotron

Great performance. Was only a matter of time before we served up something like this. Now lets string a couple of these performances together.

jackofalltrades

Good to see players like Jones, Rooney, Miki bringing us to full strength and giving us depth and Mata, who looked like being on the way out in August, being such a regular key player.

Morpheus 7

Performance and result went together tonight. Mata and Miki looking an exciting prospect in the same team. This result means nothing to me if we don't follow up with a win on Sunday. The league is the priority, everything else a bonus.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Mkhitaryan superb. As was Rooney.

Nobody worse than 7/10 for me to be honest.

DeOddi

By far the best aspect of that win was the movement upfront. All 3 players behind Zlatan consistently provided good movement, which Rashford and Martial haven´t lately.

Especially Mkhitaryan and Rooney showed up tonight. Mata was a bit too sloppy for my liking, but got the goal and still at least provided good movement. Would be very surprised to see Rashford or Martial anywhere near the starting eleven on the weekend.

ThaReaper01

If Mkhitaryan got a nice goal and a fantastic assist today people would have been creaming themselves.

Thought Mkhi did extremely well and has given Jose a headache whether to start him at the weekend or not.

Rooney pretty much has to start after that.

Mata is one of our best players if not our best. He's been in great form this season.

Fantastic night in grinning ear to ear
Exactly. If it was honestly anyone else that ran circles around the opposition tonight, this entire site would be jizzing themselves.
You have obviously not seen Rooney's career, watch back some of his matches mate, this is pretty standard for Rooney he did well and is more than capable of this every week.
Bruh. I started supporting United 2 years before Rooney joined the club so I've seen roughly 80% of his career matches for club and country. You attempting to hold him to the standards he set when he was 23/24 and in his physical peek is unrealistic. People age. They lose a step, as Rooney has so when he performs as well as he did tonight- a vintage performance, if you like- he should be praised for it rather than slandered because it's not an every match thing anymore.

Pumplex

Fantastic result, really enjoyed watching today. Positive, fluid attacking football.

Great to see Micky take his chance and show us all what he is capable of. Fingers crossed he keeps that level of determination up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Right from the second half we started running direct at their defence. Shaw did it and Micky did it escpecially. Jose said something to them at half time. It was a much improved performance in the second half.

nick2004

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney: It was a good win, we are pleased to get four goals. The second goal killed the game, at 1-0 you never know what can happen. It's a great feeling to score goals for this club, I am pleased and there is plenty more to come."

Does it feel more special after all the fuss recently? "All that's created by people like yourself asking questions, making a big deal out of nothing. I didn't set foot in the wedding and it's a shame to have to speak about it on nights like this."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/37159910

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Very good second half especially. Mkhi is class.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Thanks mate.

I counted a lot more than a dozen passes! Wonderful football.

rooney2009

we actually have a very good squad especially going forward, we have some good players and we should be battering some teams at home.
How we did not beat Stoke and Burnley still baffles me..

CaptainBirdseye

Just desperately need this form to carry over into the league in a big game or two. Would be dynamite.
Mind you even if we just carry on the form in the EL that'll be a start.

TrueRed79

That was fun to watch. People are going to be so pissed when Jose gets this teams playing at 100%. Always hoping he'd turn into Moyes, LvG levels. Joke will be on them. We have to keep this up. We absolutely have to go on a big run of results now, no excuses. Get defenders fit, a few transfers in and i am hopeful on Top 4.

Man of the Match

Henrikh Mkhitaryan image Henrikh Mkhitaryan 47% of 704 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 492 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Feyenoord win
  • Draw