g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA W FA Cup Quarter-Final

Manchester United 3:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 March 2023

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Just read through the match day thread for those 3 minutes :houllier:

Why are people streaming a game that’s on ITV? Some people were still saying the pen won’t be given when it was 1-1 :lol:
Not everyone lives in the UK. How is it you're still discovering this in 2023?

redcucumber

Just got back. Absolutely torrid first half and then an absolute stormer of a second.

Cas18

Was so so about going through before the match with the schedule of upcoming games. Team looks tired but has a lot of fight now and am glad we've gone into the break on a win. Hope we can keep going and make sure of top 4 and anything else is a bonus. Good additions in the summer, champions league and no world Cup will help next year and this year's tough schedule will hopefully have really hardened the squad for a title challenge.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What a massive difference it is to go into the break off of a win.
Again, against Fulham.

Just saw Silva's ITV interview and it was very very poor. He sounds like he thought Fulham should've had 2 penalties. Gave his opinion on them. Then asked about the penalty we got and said we have to speak about the other penalties too. Asked the interviewer what his opinion on the Fulham claims were then didn't give his opinion on Willian's handball. Implied that bigger teams get the decisions and that Fulham were clearly clearly the better team before the red. Reiterated we shouldn't talk about one moment, should talk about the whole game. Proceeded to only talk about the match up until the handball.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Again, against Fulham.

Just saw Silva's ITV interview and it was very very poor. He sounds like he thought Fulham should've had 2 penalties. Gave his opinion on them. Then asked about the penalty we got and said we have to speak about the other penalties too. Asked the interviewer what his opinion on the Fulham claims were then didn't give his opinion on Willian's handball. Implied that bigger teams get the decisions and that Fulham were clearly clearly the better team before the red. Reiterated we shouldn't talk about one moment, should talk about the whole game. Proceeded to only talk about the match up until the handball.

Not getting the 'against Fulham' bit. Are you dragging Fulham there or giving them props?

wangyu

On the other hand we are playing poorly and picking up results. Sign of champions! :wenger:
2 more games and another trophy!

But at this point it is probably more important to get a point at Newcastle.

Alek M

Da manic one
Why is Wout playing at all?

he can’t win balls in midfield, he can’t win headers, he can’t shot.

Does ETH like the challenge of playing with 10 man?

The Irish Connection

To be fair, we’re clearly getting fatigued and Casemiro, Varane, Garnacho, Eriksen and Martial are out.
I thought Fulham were better for the first 20 minutes of each half but we grew into it.
You make your own luck, and it was good play before the handball/penalty.
De Gea still probably motm for me though.

Galactico

When the Fulham players were surrounding the ref after the 3 reds, why did our players try to get in the middle of that? I get they were trying to diffuse the situation, but it’s those interventions that can lead to the massive brawl that got Casemiro sent off against Palace. If they lose control of their players and a few more yellows are shown, let it be. We are not there to protect the referee if the opposition loses their head.

Bubz27

Not getting the 'against Fulham' bit. Are you dragging Fulham there or giving them props?
I mean we went into the World Cup off the back of a late win against Fulham as well. That's all.

Bubz27

When the Fulham players were surrounding the ref
Should be getting charged for that they should. We've been charged for the Palace and Newcastle games iirc. Fulham had substitutes and Boa Morte on the pitch trying to calm them down.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Will the international break really give the players a rest? outside of Varane who retired from NT, I dont see them resting. This season has been ridiculous... first the world cup where the players gave their all, then we have injuries on top of a "small" squad, and now another international games.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I was at the game so not seen replays of what Silva is complaining about. Should Fulham have been awarded a penalty? I recall Mitrovic being down in the 1st half but our players were asking for a card for diving.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I was at the game so not seen replays of what Silva is complaining about. Should Fulham have been awarded a penalty? I recall Mitrovic being down in the 1st half but our players were asking for a card for diving.
That one Mitrovic fouled our player then dived but somehow didn't get a yellow. I think there was another one that was less clear cut but pretty soft if I remember rightly too but feck that twat. Ref let him get away with murder and yet still somehow they feel hard done by. Was impressed with the way the ref dealt with Fulham losing their heads actually, thought he'd been pretty poor and let far too much go (from Fulham) until then.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
I've seen plenty of folk bleating about Mitrovic being sent off while Bruno wasn't 'for the same offence' in Scouserville. The whataboutery of the ABU lot is remarkable. It's a good laugh though.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
That one Mitrovic fouled our player then dived but somehow didn't get a yellow. I think there was another one that was less clear cut but pretty soft if I remember rightly too but feck that twat. Ref let him get away with murder and yet still somehow they feel hard done by. Was impressed with the way the ref dealt with Fulham losing their heads actually, thought he'd been pretty poor and let far too much go (from Fulham) until then.
That was so out of control though, the ref had to back off from Mitrovic he was just so hyper aggressive. It was like stuff from the seventies in some obscure South American league. I agree he did well but I think the FA have to stamp out that kind of treatment of match officials.

NICanRed

Will the international break really give the players a rest? outside of Varane who retired from NT, I dont see them resting. This season has been ridiculous... first the world cup where the players gave their all, then we have injuries on top of a "small" squad, and now another international games.
Hopefully the international managers will see that our players are tired and jaded and won't use them too much, if at all for these games.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hopefully the international managers will see that our players are tired and jaded and won't use them too much, if at all for these games.
England's playing away to Italy. Then Ukraine.

Do you think Shaw & Marcus get rested?

Strelok

Bruno scored two but tbh imo DDG should be MOTM. Anyway to the next round. Hope we meet City in the final and beat them to the title. Would be so sweet.

Sid234

For once, the international break came at the right time - team looks tired, hopefully some of the players can get a break and rest

Shimo

We were just flat up till the penalty moment - missing players, getting in late Thursday night and a crap load of games, not to mention we also played with 10 men less than a week ago as well. Fulham though were not great, just a little better than us.

While Fulham def made it easy with the red cards, I would not call us lucky. De Gea made two very good saves but, then again if he doesn't make them you really have to be questioning him. 70th minute we were going to tie the game, at home. If Willian doesn't save it with his hand that is. With the way this team has been, you'd have then put the odds on us winning it from there at home - so can't call it completely lucky win, lucky it just became a lot easier to get that win in the 90.

As for Marco Silva - watched his interview he needs to get done for bringing the game into disrepute by his words implying that Kavanaugh is bent against Fulham - if that's a manager for any of the more high profile teams, you know FA would come down hard to make an example.

I missed the shove he is talking about by Shaw on Mitrovic but, the trip, that Mitrovic should have got a yellow for simulation, he literally put his leg out in front of Martinez and then flung himself to the ground, stupid interviewer should have called him on it.

On to Wembley - it's going to be a tough tough game considering it's going to be game #6 in 21 days, right after we make a trip back from Spain again. Thankfully Casemiro will be back for that, Varane most likely and hopefully Eriksen - and who knows damned Martial might decide to play as well by then.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 50% of 283 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 246 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw