PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 May 2023

Rusholme Ruffian

I'm guessing Sanchez is what scares people. Seemed a sure thing but just fell off when he got here. Mata was younger and he never lived up to the poty Chelsea player. It's far from a guarantee he won't be 2014 Rooney when he comes here on big money
Rooney was always gonna finish early because of his body type (and possibly habits), Mata was the same player that he was at Chelsea it's just that the game became progressively fast and physical for him - Mourinho had spotted that and that's why Chelsea were happy to sell him. Any player has a certain element of risk with them. I'd be interested to know who you think is a better bet than Kane to score 30 goals in his first season with us?

MrBest

Was looking back at the BBC predictions, only two pundits, Rob Green and dion dublin, predicted we would get top 4 at start of season. We finished 3rd, I think we blew everyone's expectations, ETH has done wonders and I think this is not the style of play he wants to use. At first I thought why is he starting such a strong team against Fulham, but he wanted to win, continue the winning mentality and show everyone that only winners start at United. We dominated Fulham, should have scored more which again shows ETH sorcerery skills. I vant wait till next season, assuming the sale is done and we have a good window. We should be making the top two.

IRELANDUNITED

Is it true that Casemiro was 1 booking away from being suspended for the cup final? If so he’s incredibly lucky not to have gotten booked for the foul for the penalty

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Was looking back at the BBC predictions, only two pundits, Rob Green and dion dublin, predicted we would get top 4 at start of season.
The majority of pundits correctly predicted only 1 team (out of 4) to finish in the top 4. So basically they could get randon guys from streets and the outcome would not have been worse. It fact, it would have been better for sure.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Although we weren't brilliant, that's two team performances in a row rather than hoping one or two inspired moments would get us through. Bruno good, Fred, very good, Lindelof good yet again plus bit better from Sancho. Garnacho continues to look a star in the making. Rashford quiet again - he really needs a rest. Maguire truly awful. Slow and like a large truck in a tight space - nine-point turn rather than three.

I'll get abuse for this, but I think DDG was culpable for their goal - left a large space at near post and then got nowhere near the header. He did save the penalty of course - only the second in the PL in seven years, I believe...

Two nice goals from us was a good end to the campaign, but, boy, do I feel sorry for WW. He works so hard but he looks as likely to score as a 90-year-old on oxygen!. But still better than Martial who doesn't even look like he cares: he cannot start on Saturday (but probably will)... I wonder what the odds are on WW scoring at Wembley :nono:

justsomebloke

I thought that was a significantly better performance than against Chelsea, and offensively our best in a good while. Garnacho on the left and Sancho on the right looked a well-functioning combo, once more.

A rare top performance by Fred, good on De Gea for saving a pen. Malacia looked his best in a while too, and the CBs did fine, including Maguire. Casemiro though, not a very good game overall.

Rusholme Ruffian

Although we weren't brilliant, that's two team performances in a row rather than hoping one or two inspired moments would get us through. Bruno good, Fred, very good, Lindelof good yet again plus bit better from Sancho. Garnacho continues to look a star in the making. Rashford quiet again - he really needs a rest. Maguire truly awful. Slow and like a large truck in a tight space - nine-point turn rather than three.
I thought Sancho was excellent. Felt like Garnacho was trying too hard - he was like a young labrador just been let off his leash. Martial definitely doesn't deserve to start, but he's still our best option up front, so for me it's got to be a front 3 of Rashford, Tony and Sancho. Garnacho to come on later in the game and possibly push Rashford up top instead of Martial.

justsomebloke

I thought Sancho was excellent. Felt like Garnacho was trying too hard - he was like a young labrador just been let off his leash. Martial definitely doesn't deserve to start, but he's still our best option up front, so for me it's got to be a front 3 of Rashford, Tony and Sancho. Garnacho to come on later in the game and possibly push Rashford up top instead of Martial.
To me, Garnacho looks like a better option than Martial at the moment.

Rusholme Ruffian

To me, Garnacho looks like a better option than Martial at the moment.
I just think we get more out of Rashford when he's on the left, which means one of Martial or Weghorst up top... I love Garnacho - he is the very definition of a United type of player, but I'm not sure whether he's got the discipline yet to play the whole game against City. However, if Ten Hag feels he's up to it then I won't be complaining - his pace would certainly give City a headache in terms of playing a high line, although Kyle Walker is not exactly a slouch.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
surprise, surprise, Martial is injured. the wind must have blown too hard... or not hard enough

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 37% of 161 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 129 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw