PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 May 2023

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
Man Utd 0:1 Fulham - Tete (19')

Man Utd 1:1 Fulham - Sancho (39')

Man Utd 2:1 Fulham - Bruno (55')

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Caps off our amazing form in style. Well done to the manager and team.

Need to really push for that FA cup though and feck the Glazers.

Nogbadthebad

So, we gave everyone a 6 point head start on us, and ended up 9 points behind the team that had their best season for 20 years.

I'll take that. Kane alone would put is 9-12 points ahead of where we are today.

Irwin99

De Gea saved a penalty :eek: . I'm still having trouble processing this (yes i know he's saved some before, but come on!)

Good win before the cup final (and City lost) and third place. bring City on!

Rustyspider13

Nice way to end the season. I think that was Sancho's best 90 mins this season. Fred had a great game too. Now we wait for the big one.

NZT-One

Well done and well played. Nice ending to the PL season, a match where nobody stood out in any negative way. Fred MOTM for me, involved in both goals. Lets hope, he left himself a bit of Good-Fred-juice in the tank for the FA Cup final

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Job done. Was probably a little bit too open. However, both teams played like there was nothing riding on it. So that probably encouraged the end to end vibe.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Happy for everyone. 3rd place v very good considering the crap we served up last season.

On to the FA Cup! Would love to win that...

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Fulham with strong 'bore to death' football there. What did they have, 2 shots, and 0 after being behind? Some quality tiki-taka between their back 4 and Paulinha, but it's dreadfully dull stuff. Nice to see them beaten tbh.

Abraxas

I thought we played quite well for a last game of the season. Nothing on it but I thought the effort and intensity was reasonably good and we completely deserved the win.

Siorac

3rd place with 75 points plus a domestic trophy. That's an excellent return from Ten Hag's first season after the disaster that was 21/22 and our depressing opening two games this season. To be honest, I'm glad it's over - even I was getting tired after what was a marathon season.

Eric_the_Red99

Sancho better again, bodes well for City. This in the final please:

Martial
Rashford Bruno Sancho​
I sort of agree, but Martial has to be dragged off at half time if he puts in a typical half arsed performance. We cannot afford any passengers against City.

Strelok

Good game. DDG should be MOTM imo. Made some incredible saves especially the penalty which gave us a chance and confidence. 2-0 and it'd be much more difficult for us to get back in.

The Irish Connection

Well happy with 3rd and a cup to be honest.
Injuries and number of games hurt us a bit after January but overall a good season.
Please no more drubbings from rivals.
Feck off Glazers! Let us get on with building the club as it deserves.

LDUred

Decent performance today that put some gloss on a better than average season. Sancho looked a lot better than he has done for us and Bruno is pivotal. Fred though was outstanding.

To put it in some sort of context, Ten Hag's first season haul of 75 points is the second highest points total in the post SAF era, second to Mourinho's 81 in 2017/18 campaign.

Not sure if that is any grounds for celebration in the context of the club's ambitions, but it's a decent effort from Ten Hag after the dire performance of the club last season, especially with him having delivered some silverware and at the very least an FA Cup final appearance.

Not a bad season, all in all.

Paul778

Considering Ronaldo saga and constant injuries to Martial, 3rd and at least 1 trophy is a minor miracle

TheRedHearted

So, we gave everyone a 6 point head start on us, and ended up 9 points behind the team that had their best season for 20 years.

I'll take that. Kane alone would put is 9-12 points ahead of where we are today.
Would it only be that little?
Six draws we’ve had, if he brings 25 goals compared to Weghorst zero, 3 extra goals i 3 of those draws is six points itselfC three extra in losses by one goal is 3 extra points and then to think two more wins from losses, around 15 there.

Stig

I think Harry Kane would be a right daft purchase. Over 100 million for someone 30 years old would be madness.

massey

Nice win and to comeback to get the job done.Thought fred,malacia and sancho in particularly had good games but it's also evident the drop off in quality when we bring off the big guns.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 37% of 161 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 129 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw