Manchester United 1:2 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 February 2024

Gazautd18

Another false dawn.
Poor all round from manager to players.
Deserved by Fulham

Amir

People who are happy just to win games and don't care about the performance forget that these things eventually catch up with you.

In order to be top-4 or top-5 we have to PLAY like a top-4 or top-5 team. We haven't really done it despite our little run of results.

twitter thread suggester
None of our players would start for any of the other top 6.
Maybe 1-2 on a good day.

Bocca9978

10 league defeats in a season (so far).
Can we all stop pretending we’re getting champions league and that getting ETH will work. It’s done.

Giggs' right foot

Cannot find one single reason for the EtH backers' loyalty other than the off chance of him succeeding so they can say "Never doubted him".

We've been either abysmal or on our good days mediocre since our start to 2023 where we beat Barça and won the EFL. It's a joke. Luckily Ineos will see this as well as us.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Losing at home to this non-existent Fulham team with players like Bassey and Iwobi scoring against you is actually criminal. I want to see charges brought.

mav_9me

There are so many things I don't get.

Why did we send Reguilon back when Malacia is not back?

Why are we playing Eriksen ahead of Amrabat?

RoyH1

ETH is not an elite manager. He simply cannot get this team to perform consistently.

Banana Republic

False Dawn over.
The sun has risen and in clear daylight, we can see that we're still shit.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
This thread will be nice and civil, i bet.

BelfastRed2021

Cant win football matches when nearly every player cant make a 5 yard pass half the time or cant control a simple pass either shocking display from a group of players who always believe they are better than they are when they have a few wins strung together and Hojlung wasnt there to rescue us Mctominay had a simple pass and took a shot on there which would have put us 2-1 up. Also never seen a weaker team in my life eriksen getting bullied on every counter Maguire to slow and Varane was terrible again today Lindelof has no business being here and Rashford should be sold i have seen enough of him.

RedIan

Back to the normal dross after half decent run of results. Lose a key player and they give up.
Fulham far better team. We got what we deserved..

No1_Dave

Top 4 - gone.
Martinez, Shaw, now Hojlund, it's these crazy but crucial injuries that's cost us the top 4.

We won 4 games in a roll with a proper striker with threat and goals, the minute he gets injured, we lose, it's no coincidence!

stevoc

Absolute dogshit performance. No hint of a style of play or even any sort of structure.

We have to rely on individuals way too much. This is worse in that regard than at any time under Solskjaer.

Irwin99

Yeah i think top 4 is gone sadly. We looked like we'd clawed our way back into the race but we need a near perfect run of form from now until the end of the season and that's not going to happen. We have City next as well.

Pughnichi

I can’t remember a game that has left me so completely underwhelmed from start to finish.

absolutely clueless from start to finish

Heinzesight

Better team won. Most of the team should be ashamed of themselves really. Disgraceful stuff and second to every ball. Awful bastards.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Bad subs from Ten Hag. We took the chance in the last minutes, so i'm not disappointed about the loss over a draw. But we should win against Fulham at home, even with the injuries we got.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
We can officially forget CL next year. Unless, of course, we beat City at City. Hahahaha.

Good job ETH, Rashford at CF and Forson on the wing really lit things up. A couple of more poor performances like this in the next month and I'm ready for ETH to be fired.

- Garnacho and Onana only really good players today.
- Mainoo, Lindelof, and Dalot decent.
- The rest were poor especially Rashford and Bruno

Tarrou

thought Fulham weren't at their best but still easily deserved the win

how are we so lacklustre? Shocking performance

DavidDeSchmikes

Apart from that brief period between Maguire scoring and Iwobi scoring, it never felt we'd get a goal today.
If we'd play well and Fulham had won undeservedly, then fair enough. But we just looked disinterested, clueless, poorly trained, just out of ideas or basic skill

Needham

Get this clueless manager out.

Now I'm off to the transfer thread to talk about the 7 players we need to get rid of and replace.
K. I'll pick the kids up from the neighbors and feel Jon Champion.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
One bad game cannot erase all the good things that Manchester United have done in the past month.

Fully deserved win for Fulham anyway.
It can if they cannot perform with Hojlund, he has been the big difference, take him out and all the heart and fight goes out of the team.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Beginning of that 2nd half was appalling after Casemiro had to come off. Played like a team of 11 strangers and Eriksen was utterly inept. Once they scored we started to fight for each other again and actually deserved the equaliser. Bit unlucky to lose in the end but you can't complain when you don't turn up for a big chunk of the game.

Pleased with Amad's cameo though, thought he did ok. Forson was alright too, nice for him to get his debut. Hope they are both preferred to Eriksen against City.

RedRocket08

Deserved that loss and I think that might be top 4 out of reach for us - The tempo just wasn't there today, and our squad players weren't willing to put in the effort. Concerning because if we play like this, we will get dumped out of the cup as well. Remains to be seen how INEOS sees this with respect to ETH's future here, but it isn't looking good for him - I want it to work for the manager, but this squad had enough to win the game today against this poor Fulham side.

tomaldinho1

You get what you deserve in football, and we deserved to be beaten. ETH must be right on the cusp now.

Flying_Heckfish

Absolute state of that "performance".

I am sick to death of this awful, brainless football. Today we got the result we deserved, and have deserved many times this season.

We are not coached. We have no plan A, and certainly no plan B.

Play anything like this in the week, and we'll be out of the cup - season fully over in February.

If he's got even half the ambition he makes out, SJR has to make the call immediately.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Fulham
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Fulham