PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:2 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 February 2024

midou

Onana was ok and I am a hater, Garnacho with some good moments... all other outfield players were 2-3 out of 10.

Is Goldbridge still on "twat patrol" for people who think Bruno and Casemiro are poor and should be sold? Shambolic performance really.
Bruno is one of the main reasons we have no style - he has no style. The huff and puff, lose the ball, complain, roll on the ground routine fully complete today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sick of this lot. We just can't deal with 2-3 key players being out.

Fulham looked like the Wolves home game early season, just racing through us easily.

Scraping what looked like an equaliser, then letting them run the ball 80 yards and steal it was unforgiveable.

We'll lose next week, so top 5 is done now.

Fairly relaxed as it's been a shocking season. Just hope the new ownership slowly gets it properly going again.

always_hoping

That defeat and win for Villa ends whatever slim hope there ever was for a top 4 finish. Fulham deserved their win but the two goals conceded pretty much summed up United this season. 1st truly woeful defending from set piece. 2nd goal when pushing hard for a winner themselves they get caught out on the break, Maguire not wanting to tackle as he was booked and Lindelof couldn't get back as injured taken off soon after.

Probably facing FA Cup exit on Wednesday night and then a hammering in the Manchester Derby to follow. Time to take up some extra hobbies and away from here and twitter I'm thinking.

Last edited:

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
None of our players would start for any of the other top 6.
Maybe 1-2 on a good day.
Top 3 I'd agree, but come on, most of your players would start for Spurs or Villa.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Top 5 should still be enough for Europe.
Where will the goals come from though?
We won't get top 5 though. Fulham home should be a banker.

When we play City and Chelsea away and title contenders Liverpool and Arsenal home, with just 12 games left, we'd probably need to win 8-9 of the 12.

vanrooney

Our squad isn’t good enough. We are quite good when everyone is fit, but when there are two to three key players missing, it’s a Desaster. I don’t get why he disrupted it even more and played rashy on the right where he is normally not good

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
You can't do anything with that defence plus Casemiro in front of them. They're all slow and brainless. At least Shaw has some composure and can pass. Once Martinez and him got injured I knew we'd be done.

The less said about our "leaders" Rashford and Bruno the better.

OmarUnited4ever

I sadly didn't watch the game but I think it's not shocking this team lost because they ain't good enough to win 5 pl games consecutively, many of those wins difficult and only the win vs Westham was convincing.

MrBest

We just looked like we could not be bothered. Don't understand even with injuries how rashford is still on the pitch. Shocking season but at least something in the future to look forward to. I really do not expect top 5 anymore, it's just that bad. We have lost 10 games this year and played worse than it justifies.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Name one thing Rashford did today? One.

Yes, I know they were pretty much all sh!t but even the poorer players made a tackle, had an effort on target, made a save, ran a bit. Did SOMETHING.

He did absolutely nothing. Him and Bruno get away with murder .. I can take losing if players try, not like this though.

Awful game, almost every player and Ten Hag. Miles away from top 4, need Jim/team to make big decisions come Summer. Surgery.

RedIke

It's almost as if they didn't take this game seriously. Show up for 10 minutes and this is what you get. They got what they fully deserved. Very very shit.

Serious problem with Marcus stealing money today.

Amad should have been on sooner. It's all fecked

r0663664

Worships Man City
I hope Ratcliffe does a major surgery with United. Rashford, Casemiro, Dalot, AWB, Eriksen and Lindelof can all go. McTominay and Maguire can go with good offers else they can be 4th choice.

Yanited__

Snooze fest of a first half. Looked clueless yet again (in and out of posession) when a team decides to sit back and counter on us. To me, we only look coherent playing one way and that's with less of the ball and on the counter attack.

Previously said I'll back Ten Hag till the end of the season. Still do.

However, unless I see an improvement from United in posession against teams sitting back, I don't think I will be backing him beyond that.

I don't mind losing, but please don't make it a chore/boring to watch us. The only time I felt glued to the game was after they scored a goal, felt only then did we play somewhat better. Still not enough, that (false) comeback would not have been deserved from United today.

mav_9me

Yes, I know they were pretty much all sh!t but even the poorer players made a tackle, had an effort on target, made a save, ran a bit. Did SOMETHING.

He did absolutely nothing. Him and Bruno get away with murder .. I can take losing if players try, not like this though.

Awful game, almost every player and Ten Hag. Miles away from top 4, need Jim/team to make big decisions come Summer. Surgery.
For me Rashford's performance was the lowlight of an abysmal performance.

Jacob

Might as well try somebody else than Ten Hag while we improve the C-suite.

Gordon S

We played like we usually play.
We did not have our goalscorer on and and did not get that extra luck we need.
We had chances to score another goal but so did Fulham. Like usual our games can go either way, this time it went to Fulham.

Dobba

It's almost as if they didn't take this game seriously. Show up for 10 minutes and this is what you get. They got what they fully deserved. Very very shit.

Serious problem with Marcus stealing money today.

Amad should have been on sooner. It's all fecked
Who earned their money for you today?

Not one other player's weekly wage gets brought up regardless of how shit they are. How much did Lindelof's idea of defending cost us this week? More or less than Casemiro stinking out the place for 45 minutes and getting shown up by a kid who has fewer career appearances than he's played just in finals for club and country?

Wing Attack Plan R

Did Rashford have even one meaningful contribution today? It’s like he didn’t even play. We were missing 2 defenders and a striker, but our team played like a bunch of kids. Zero tactical awareness, zero urgency, zero patterns of play. Really poor from Bruno, really poor from our CBs, really poor from our wings, Garnacho aside.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
People expecting different from Maguire, Lindelof, Dalot, Casemiro, Bruno and Rashfrod under a different manager are clueless as feck. I'd also add Varane to the mix as he's clearly also given up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you’d have asked me to pick the two most terrible Fulham players that could score against us I’d have picked Bassey and Iwobi. It’s like this team is trying to kill me.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Sat someone on his arse in the second half but until then I was wondering if he was even playing. Dreadful 'performance'.

Red & White

Absolutely awful. Deserved to lose. Very poor. City away next in the league. Great stuff.

RedIke

Who earned their money for you today?

Not one other player's weekly wage gets brought up regardless of how shit they are. How much did Lindelof's idea of defending cost us this week?
Three, maybe four players. But it wasn't as obvious as Marcus pissing on us and telling us it's raining.

ItDoesntEvenMata

Sort of result that was waiting to happen when you removed the ability of good moments playing of the confidence of Hojlund and Garnacho together.

This could have happened to us in any of the matches we've played since Xmas except maybe West Ham. Absolute liability waiting to happen

The-Mezzala

The most mentally weak United team. Turning into Arsenal under wenger banter era. Sir Jim needs to clear out 12 at least in the summer and re build

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I don't understand our refusal to cross the ball. We had 10 crosses all game.

Bruno 4
Garnacho 3
Casemiro 1
Maguire 1
Erikson 1

How is it that our #10 has the most crosses? Bruno is trying to do too much. Be in the middle and support the midfield and the striker. And why is it that our FB's have a combined ZERO crosses?

Hoof the ball

Has there statistically been a worse team than us in the last five years (or so) in terms of winning 2nd balls and 50/50 challenges? Every game it feels like we lost the majority of them. I'd love to know what the team stats are on this relative to the PL average.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 217 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Fulham
  • 20% Man Utd 2:0 Fulham