CL D Champions League Group A

Galatasaray 3:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 29 November 2023

Dr. T

For the best really. We'd have absolutely stank out the knockout rounds of the champions league.

At least we find new and exciting ways of throwing games. Who knew a keeper could concede two pathetically soft free kicks from identical positions in the same game? Just drop the ball in front of Onana and you've got a chance.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Would've been a great game if I were a neutral. Can't believe we led by 2 goals twice and still didn't win. Should've scored when score was 3-3. It is what it is.

Strelok

What's wrong with our players tbh. I simply couldn't understand how could we keep bottling match after match like this. They melt whenever there's a tiny bit of heat. What a bunch of pathetic cnuts.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Goodbye CL. See you in 2 years hopefully

Now, I cry.

:(

always_hoping

Still haven't won away to Galatasary and yet another damaging draw out there.

2-0 and 3-1 up and end up drawing. Story of Uniteds CL group campaign. Wouldn't mind if Galatasary were made work hard for their goals but in reality Onana every bit as bad as Degea was against Sevilla in last seasons EL quarter final.

Need big favours to reach the knock out stages now and TBH that United side that don't make themselves hard to score against and beat have no real business reaching it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The amount of absolute clear cut chances we had after the equaliser was ridiculous, plus a long range shot against the post. Must've been 5 or 6. I thought we played well despite a lack of clinical finishing and stupid pot shots.

The two free kick goals could and should have been saved. The 3rd goal was some strike, even at the near post. If we had a non-brainfarting goalkeeper, that game ends 3-1

If we go out, just please finish bottom of the group. Europa is grim.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Angriest I've been post-match for a long time.

A semi-decent keeper and we may win that 4-1 or 5-1. A semi decent keeper and we may already be qualified. Instead we are basically out of the CL.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Forgot it was an early kick off but amazed to see us 3-1 up. 3-3 before I got the game up.
Then watched us repeatedly cruising through their defence like they were non league levels but manage not to score, or even get it on target.

Looking at those first 2 goals we conceded, first not great, second yet another for the howler locker.

A shot on target seems to be a goal with this guy.

massey

Only positive I can see is mainoo he actually looks like a footballer has such calmness is slick and plays the right passes the rest of them headless chickens at times.

Nep77

That gap between midfield and defence was disastrous. I mean there was no other way to play with slow CB's at the back one of whose whole strength is to defend the box and other not sure what are his strengths.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
So assuming Bayern win tonight. And we somehow beat Bayern and Copenhagen beat Gala. We finish level on points, isn’t that correct?

is it still head to head which means we take it on away goals?

tomaldinho1

The best and worst of what this current team is on show tonight. Individual errors but moments of great football and glimpses of special younger players coming through.

Spare a thought for Antony, actually played really well for once.

Romez

A few weeks ago people were saying Spurs are only doing good because they have no midweek European games, once we're out of Europe I assume by that logic we're going to go on a massive win streak, that's how that logic works right?

Woodzy

Let’s talk about how an 18 year old looked more comfortable in the ball in 20 minutes that the rest of our team.

big_jeffstar

Supporting United is like a cruel joke.. they will consistently find new and inventive ways of ruining your evening

Rustyspider13

I'm gutted. I actually was prepared for a loss due to our recent performances, but that draw has completely ruined me. How did we feck up yet another 2 goal lead? How did we not score five? I know it's not easy, but Onana... I can't believe he damaged our CL campaign this badly. I'm disheartened.

JonnyIreland

Our defence was absolutely atrocious, cost us badly this time. Really wanted to get one over on the Turks in their own back yard.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I know we didnt win, I know there was feck ups all round. But I really enjoyed that. And I cant say Ive felt that way a lot recently. Amazing crowd set the mood right from the start and the game over all was highly entertaining.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I thought they were the better team and we were barely worth 3 goals. They got a gift from Onana but thought they were worth it, certainly not a smash and grab we can feel hard done by. If anything they should have had more the number of times they sliced through us.

JediSith

fecking hell. Im
Abroad didn’t know it was an early start or that it was showing in my hotel room tv unit last few minutes. Don’t know if I missed a great match or saved myself damaging my hotel room and getting arrested

the_cliff

Played well but fecked over by you know who.

We must hold the record for most points dropped from winning positions in a CL group stage.
Also:
4-3
3-2
1-0
4-3
3-3

In 5 games our games have had 26 goals in total, that's another record, must be.

Dominos

We're actually cursed in this competition this season.

Both games against Galatasaray we threw away from dominant positions, and the farcical bottle job in Copenhagen on top.

Absolutely gutted.

VP

I think people are being harsh to the rest of the team. They more or less did everything you'd want them to do. It's unprecedented for a keeper to cost us three goals! When has that ever happened?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
in the final 15 minutes if we had better decision making we would have scored. Pellestri twice and mctominah and bruno both once shooting from far, granted bruno hit the post - in counter attacks.

We just dont have the tap in goals like city have. We go for worldlies all the time.

ObscureBaguette

Bayindir or even Heaton would surely be better options than the clown we currently have in goal.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Lack of winners. We’re capable of losing a one horse race with Maguire Lindelof Dalot Pellistri McT Martial and Bruno as captain.

ZainCRse7en

We play too chaotic football and there is totally no control whatsoever. We seem to only be able to score worldies and are hugely dependant on individual brilliance. No patterns of play.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 234 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Galatasaray win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Galatasaray 1:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Galatasaray 0:2 Man Utd