PL L FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 21 October 2017

Hoof the ball

It's the mentality that bothers me. I accept individual errors in attacking moves if they're trying to play creatively, but if your idea of chasing a lead is 20 minutes of crosses and long passes then that's on the manager not the players.

ClosetDevil

We're clearly far inferior than Man City. Wrong decision to have Mourinho here instead of Pep.

I just hope we have enough in this team to muster a fight for top 4.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lindelof is a mess holy feck. Mata was awful. Martial honestly wasn't thaaaat bad (not great or even decent though) but on the yellow so made sense to take him off. Rashford did well when on, Herrera did well, Valencia did pretty well. The rest? Pretty shit. Lukaku was decent tbf on the little service he got and had the good assist.

Matic has looked a bit shit without pogba though. Might need a rest?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Got Mourinhoed. Two individual mistakes that led to the goals. Mourinho will be fuming.

Ban

I would like to say it will get better but unfortunately we're playing Spurs next.

I'd take Ozil in a heartbeat right now instead of Mata and Mickhi. Mickhi was actually all right when subbed in but all in all we deserved this.

And where the hell is Pogba?! I'm not saying he coming back will fix this but nevertheless we need him.

Telegram Sam

Recent away form and performances are worrying.

Though at least we can still get automatic Champions League qualification if we finish 2nd/3rd!

lewwoo

Are we allowed to say we played shite yet without being jumped on for being negative and accused of having a meltdown?

Inter Yer Nan

Writing was on the wall even before they scored. Didn't look up for it. Two awful individual errors cost us two goals. Mason was biased and we should have definitely had a pen but can't really argue that we deserved to lose given how piss poor we were.

Pogba can't come back soon enough.

AN17

3 points dropped.

Defensive and midfield injuiry crisis.

Goals drying up and exposing shite fotballing performance overall.

But I'm sure the sunshiners and arse kissers will come out and say all is fine, that posters should stop spoiling the mood and there is no crisis at all.

Betson

Talk of challenging for league and CL titles is crazy with such a weak squad of players , they were awful last week and got away with a lucky point , equally as bad today and got what we deserved out of it.

The quality players are just not there. Getting in the top 4 is going to be a challenge in itself with the players we have.

Peanut Butter

Deserved loss. Showed almost no ambition all game. Even when dominating the ball we seemed to want to play through 10 men, rather than get it wide and get crosses in. Forget shooting from over six yards too. Nobody was interested in that.

Yes, we should have had a penalty. We should also be beating Huddersfield though.

PS) Tuanzebe should always be ahead of Lindelof. Lindelof just isn't up to this league.
Them knees be jerking.

Bet you wanted De Gea gone after his first season?

Barnslig

I fecking hate football. I absolutely fecking hate football.

PS: Any reason why we can't vote on players? Just says "please rate all players"

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Mourinho is a fecking cockwomble. Negative cnut who spent the last two weeks being a bitch in the media. He’s set us on a downward trajectory since that Liverpool game. We’ll be horrendous against Spurs and Chelsea. Guaranteed.

alsabi

On the plus side, not watching MOTD does free up a couple of hours tonight for extra sleep or less innocent activities.

Hawks2008

We're fecking woeful, Herrera and Mkhitaryan are for the bin and my patience is wearing thin on Lindelof.

Roboc7

This has been coming, team has stopped functioning since pogba got injured. Poor opposition and scoring first have papered over the cracks but this is still a team too flawed to really compete at top of the league.

Our attack is very ordinary I games like that, time and time again over last few seasons we just aren’t good enough going forward and are too easy to defend against.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Going to be an interesting next few weeks when we play some real teams. :nervous:

DevilRed

Thought Lukaku was decent and created our only goal basically on his own.

Rashford came on and made the difference.

Lingard woeful until we were down 2 goals. Martial was petulant and completely lost the plot after being targeted by huddersfield players with some roughhouse tactics. Immature.

Mata is absolute shite. Has been a blight on our attack for the last 4 years. We are just crying out for some width and decent crossing. Yet we have the absolute opposite in a completely immobile and ineffectual player like Mata.

When is Pogba coming back? Herrera has just regressed again. No ambition or confidence at all.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Well done Huddersfield, totally deserved.

But we've fallen apart since the international break. mentally, physically and form wise - it's come crashing down. We need to get players back for next week. Just for mentalities sake. We've gone from cloud nine to the bottom in no time. We need to sort it out now; we're going into the toughest period of fixtures so far and we're in danger of seeing City pull away massively/getting pulled into a top 4 battle ourselves.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Matic was our only playmaker out there. Why didn't we buy a central midfielder in the summer?

We have absolutely no presence on the right wing. Why didn't we buy a right winger in the summer?

Our enviable depth at centre back is starting to look incredibly thin, and we're only in October.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How can he add 4 minutes of injury time, but not add anything when they do a sub during injury time?
I don't think we'd score anyway, but he's supposed to add more time, isn't he?
We also should have had a penalty in first half, stonewall!

We were toothless upfront.
Need really need Pogba back.

automaticflare

Lingard who?
Miki who?
Mata what? And I am a great defender of his
Martial appalling
Lindelof is cat has not had one half decent performance so far

Rashford and lukaku were only ones who looked like they wanted to win that game.

With backup like those listed above we are not going to win the league no where near it

Johnnyredboots

Weeks of abject perfomances compounded by injury after injury and we were due a loss at some point.

The only thing that boils my piss is that you just know Huddersfield wont put even half the effort against liverpool as they did against us today.

Shamshi

We will get top 4 and that's all, we aren't going to win anything for awhile it seems :(

championo

Top Stalker
Too many average players & a number of bottlers who can’t handle the pressure.

Fergie would never have allowed some of these feckers near his teams.
That is not true, but he will tell them to pass forward. Too many players are too comfortable playing easy and pointless passes. They pass just to pass sake.
Too many pointless players.

LoneStar

Deserved loss for us. 2-0 down and no urgency at all. If we are that dependent on Pogba, then there's something wrong with this team. Every single player other than Rashford and Lukaku need to feel ashamed. Unless City massively feck up, that's our title hopes over.

Spurs and Chelsea next. I expect a maximum of 2 points from this, if we are lucky.

Oh and Lindelof should never start or play in a PL game again. His two errors basically cost us the game. The second goal was absolutely pathetic from him.

Turamb

Getting a "Please rate all players" error when doing the player rankings. I'm not even trying to be cheeky and giving someone a 0.

dileno

This is what freaking happens when you take an in form team and make them play for 0-0 at Anfield. Everything gone after that.

Bad coaching and not nearly enough performances from the likes of Lindelof, Herrera, Smalling, Mkhi et al.

Player Ratings

4.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 479 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 37% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd
  • 25% Huddersfield 0:3 Man Utd