PL D FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 May 2019

Fosu-Mens

What happens when you have no defined style of play, lack of ability to keep possession, no ability to attack against a team in balance.

The chances we create are from coincidences and luck. Don't see how OGS and the coaches are the right people to imprint a possessionbased system.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was impressive how bad it was. This season is probably comparable to the Moyes one tbh. If we dont spend 300m this summer (on the right players) then more of the same next year.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I said at half time that our left side may cost us, so it proved. Jones again demonstrated why his new contract was a joke. Shaw looked a massive chancer as well.

We had the chances to win it but again went to jelly in front of goal.

So many players need to leave. Loads looked like they were on the beach. Those who tried just showed they ain't up to it. We are embarrassing. For everyone's sake we need to tear it up and start over.

We don't deserve Champions League football. We are a terrible side, and I don't think I've ever seen a United team with less heart and less fight.

Ninety per cent of this squad needs shipping out; we need a full re-build on and off the pitch. The club is a rudderless mess.

Dark times.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Angry and disgusted but not surprised by this result. Tough for us fans to take but the club and players deserve everything that’s currently being written about them.

No Love

This set of players has an uncanny ability of exacerbating their eternally deteriorating standards.

RedIan

Let’s be frank we are no where near good enough for top 4. It was only the Ole honeymoon effect winning so many games along with the 3rd-5th place teams chucking points away that put is back in with a shout.. Let’s clear out the deadwood and the CEO and build a team again because this isn’t a team. Been a painful season.

crossy1686

career ending
This is on Ole, he’s an idiot if he thought that these players wouldn’t throw him under the bus just because he used to play for United but yet kept picking them, should have sold a few more and made a couple of signings in January. Now he has cost us any chance of getting top 4
To be fair, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have even been close to it anyway.

Roboc7

It’s all so predictable, after 30 minutes even though we were a goal up against a shambles of a team I knew we wouldn’t win. This is United now, this is what we have been for six years and what we will probably be next season and the season after at least.

We can’t even profess to be a top 4 team, it’s top 6 for us now. All of our fans are desperate to see so many of these players go but we’ve got years of watching them still yet.

BlackBen

Bunch of spineless cnuts we have. Terrible performance, can't believe Jones was given a contract extension.

Rashford is the most infuriating overhyped and arrogant player we have.

MrSingh2002

Sack the guy, he hasn't got a tune out of these lot for a couple of months now.

No different to Jose..... do we really want to give this guy 300m? So he can find a partner for Ashley Young at CB? I have no faith in this guy as a coach. He might know what type of player we should sign in the summer. But that doesn't make him a good football manager.

He passed the audition but failed his probation period. feck him off purely because he doesn't have a style of play besides run fast on the counter. A watered down Man United approach.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It’s finally over.

Not sure why it, but it feels like the worst season we’ve had since Fergie retired. Yes, even worse than the Moyes season.
I keep wondering if it can get any worse...and then it does.
Utterly clueless.
Utter lazy.
Utter terrible.
And I am paying them a compliment.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mourinho needs a statue for getting this squad to 2nd last year.

redom

I don't know where we even need to start with fixing this mess, the rot runs deep and I doubt buying and selling a few players will do much, worrying times.

maverickjesus

It's got to the point where the only player that doesn't routinely infuriate me is Lindelof. He'll probably leave in the summer just to kick us while we're down.

JonDahl

Comfortably the worst “top” team the last 6 years - especially from an entertainment standpoint.

hobbers

Garbage is as garbage does.

Jones, Young, Matic, Pogba, Rashford, Mata, Sanchez............. Hopeless mesh of players who have no ability and/or no desire and/or no intelligence.

stubie

I’m extremely excited for the future.

Can’t wait going into next season knowing we have Jones, Smalling and Young on board.

And Ole’s at the wheel

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Utterly disgusted. Hardly need to say more. Dippers will be killing themselves laughing at us

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Since giving Ole the 3 year contract the team have went from taking 1 step forward to 2 steps back. We went from league winning form to relegation candidate form. Our board are a bunch of fecking numptys.

Dobba

I'd be happy to miss Top 4 if I trusted that the board would take the hint that the squad needs a major overhaul. But it'll make absolutely no difference because they're not going to rip up players' contracts and the ridiculous wages we've been paying them means no other club would touch 90% of them with a barge pole.

We'll repeat the process of 'reaching' for 3-4 players (see Fred/Matic/Bailly/Lukaku/Sanchez) tops and by the time October or November rolls around, you'll be looking at a United XI that is one or two players different from today's. So why waste the energy getting pissed off by it all?

wolvored

Shit, Shit and more shit. We literally are shit all over the pitch. Why I wasted the last 2 hours for i'll never know.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Terrible. Think ole will be gone after 15 games next season.

Players look completely demotivated.

Shaw was horrendous today. Just not up to speed with the game.

Who can we get though. There is not a wealth of top class managers out there.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Enjoyed watching McTominay and Chong.
Only real bright spots. One could tell Chong was not shooting when he definitely could, instead forcing many passes. He shouldn’t have worried about the older players & been a bit more selfish & took more offensive chances.

Meller

Only 4 more years of Jones. We need to cherish this limited amount of time we have with this fantastic footballer.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Huddersfield 1:2 Man Utd