PL D FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 May 2019

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Genuinely woeful.

Saw this coming though even before the psg second leg (which no doubt was class and one of our best European nights) where our performances looked poor again after the initial bounce in 5 or 6 games against poor sides.
The board have messed up again, got swayed by fans emotion, while not appointing a director of football or waiting till the end of the season.
Can see us dropping closer to the bottom half of the table come next November and having another dithering 6 months looking for another manager. But very much hope I’m wrong.

Currently, we look almost worse or as bad as in Mourinhos last few months, and we will need better coaching as much as new players to progress.

Depressing.
This.

OldSchoolManc

An embarrassing bunch of mercenaries.
90% could go for all I care.
They aren’t worth the paper that their contracts are printed on

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Scrap the lot bar Scotty, Chong, Lindelof and Rashford. It's just not good enough, the hunger, desire, the need to win is just not there.
It's shambolic football at times, I can't believe this is what Ole sees in training, if he does then it's embarrassing.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
From here to the start of next season I am officially out. No more games, no following the transfer bollocks or press conferences. Everything about this club is a sham, a joke, a lie. I don’t care who we buy. It won’t make a difference.

I don’t believe in the players, the manager, the executive, or the owners. I truly just need some time off from everything connected to this club. I can easily see next season being a case of just checking results after the match to have a loose idea of what is going on.

Schmeichel=God

Horrific bollocks
:lol::lol: This is true, but I couldn't get my head past the literal image of what horrific bollocks might be!

What happened? This is as bad as it was under Moyes. It might even be worse
It's worse. Let me tell you. It's worse.

Ole won’t end next season, embarrassing game and he looks out of his depth, clueless.
I agree. I want him to have his shot, but like everything else at this club, I have no faith in it. He has no tactical cohesion. There are no improvements anywhere across the pitch. Do they do ANYTHING in training? I think he'll be gone ten games in.

My sincere apologies to Mourinho. This team is the worst we have ever had in modern times.
How apparent this is becoming. I still feel Mourinho needed to go. But god....both squad and manager are as bad as each other.

Terrible. Think ole will be gone after 15 games next season.
Absolutely. There's no thread through his approach, regardless of dealing with end of season squad scraps. 5 games of average performances to kick off next year and the negativity virus will be all over us and we'll be ruined.

This club is going down the shitter. No sane person can deny that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ashley Young “can’t fault the effort and the attitude”

Says it all really.

Kopral Jono

I think it’s good that they stop singing. I can’t believe ole still smiling and giving high five to Rashford and clapping
Yep, like I said it's a good thing. The 'disgraceful bunch' line is directed at our players.

bushyboy

Who in their right mind would go to OT next week to support these players after not being able to beat one of the worst teams in PL history?

We can blame the owners for not buying the best players and extending deadwood contracts or blame Ole for not being able to clean up Mourinho's mess, but the buck stops with the players. No heart, no brains, no pride to play for Utd.

I've backed Ole's appointment but if he doesn't clear out the obvious deadwood and if the board doesn't get some of the best players this window, then he's sure to fail like all the others post SAF.

fallengt

This team is inspiring everyone around the world. If the likes of Phil Jones and Ashley Young can play for Manchester United, everyone can do the same.
Whoever used to play football in middle school can test their luck here. Do it, don't let your dreams be dreams. ;)

paulscholes18

To be fair, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have even been close to it anyway.
Granted Ole got United closer then José would have.

Mata & Sanchez were far too narrow, you can’t afford to be that narrow when your fallbacks are as hopeless at attacking as Shaw and Young

SaintMuppet

Some of you guys should stop following football.

Its clearly not good for your state of mind.

That said today was ‘pants’

minoo-utd

Ole spent 2 monthes train with these lot and what he was actually trying to do with them? Giving them nicknames and tell them what's this club was all about. Feel sick.

IrishRedDevil

Captain Young just said ‘‘can’t fault the effort and attitude’’, in his dull boring voice.

Inspiring.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Young "can't fault the effort or the attitude, we applied ourselves, especially in the first 20 minutes". :lol:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Just watching Young post match.
Do you know what he said - I cannot fault our effort and attitude.
Just about sums it up.
Image if that was Roy Keane...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ole spent 2 monthes train with these lot and what he was actually trying to do with them? Giving them nicknames and tell them what's this club was all about. Feel sick.
It is like he still thinks he is managing the kids side not the first team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
In a club like us, where the ONLY concern of the owners is the bottom line, the loss of CL money should wake them.
The Buccaneers have finished bottom
Of their group the last 4 years.

Can you see them doing anything here?
Nope, neither do I

Alienhead77

Although I check the forum out every day, as a newbie I haven't logged in and made a comment in over a year. That display and the recent displays made me login in and vent my anger , disappointment and wonder at what the hell is going on at our club. Pive me some players that want to play and run and give their all for the club... Please

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Should have given Howe a try. Mourinho VG 2 top managers couldnt do any good so why not try someone who does try to play a attack possession based game, but hasnt the quality of players, so should be used to it coming here.
I think i will build a time machine and go back to 2007 when we had ronaldo and were hammering teams.

Since Ferguson left, it has been a joke. A comedy.

I give up.

I think if anyone needs to go it is woodward.

minoo-utd

Reach to the point of Who to blame! Don't know, it's like everyone at this ckub has no clue how to do their jobs.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think that's basically what seems to have happened. And somehow, it worked for the first 3 months. Then it stopped working.
Basically, he worked on the players' psyche.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is the most expensive squad in the country eh?
Manager stayed 2 months or so and still go games with young,Jones,Matic and Lingard if fit. Feck off seriously.
How can it be with City around?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
From here to the start of next season I am officially out. No more games, no following the transfer bollocks or press conferences. Everything about this club is a sham, a joke, a lie. I don’t care who we buy. It won’t make a difference.

I don’t believe in the players, the manager, the executive, or the owners. I truly just need some time off from everything connected to this club. I can easily see next season being a case of just checking results after the match to have a loose idea of what is going on.
Very sensible.
I am actually livid at what I have just watched.

Denis79

Pogba hit the bar twice, if one of those goes in we could have won it. Sanchez did a bit better than normal in the first half. We were miles better when Matic came off for Ander and we played a couple of nice passing moves where we didnt finish them very well.

And then we were caught on the break from a set piece where Shaw put in a poor challenge and the opponents scored. Our defending wasnt very good and our end product wasnt good. There were some decent moments between that but they ended up coming to nothing because of the end product.

Gary Neville's voice made the game twice as hard to watch though
Sorry mate but there is no silver lining. We almost on par with probably the worst team in the PL.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Young "can't fault the effort or the attitude, we applied ourselves, especially in the first 20 minutes". :lol:
Yep. I think even he accepts that we can't play well for more than 20 minutes. :lol:

asp

I have been shaking my head in disbelief most of this match. How can the players fail at the most basic things like keeping the ball on the ground and just pass to each other? You shouldn't need to be fancy and try flicks and back heels against a team like Huddersfield - just keep the ball and slowly break them down and find the final killer pass. The players must be absolutely shot of confidence, when they don't think they can just outplay Huddersfield, but instead need a bit of magic to get a result. Gutting, absolutely gutting.

nameischarles

A lot of these players need to go. I don't care if they have fallen out with the manager already, give it your all and prove something but since they don't, I'll gladly take Ole side for now and let some of these toxic players out of the club.

It's crazy how much deadwood LVG and Jose cleared but it seems like there still more deadwood in the club. Honestly Ole won't be here much longer, especially if the board doesn't back him up not just signing players but letting players go and I think Ole will resign first before being fired because he loves the club too much.

Sure he can resign now but it doesn't matter who comes in if the root of the issue isn't fixed. This club is totally f'd.

JoaquinJoaquin

Today might be the worst I've ever felt about United since Fergie has gone:

- Looking like Ole just doesn't have it. Him high fiving Rashford at the end of the game didn't sit well with me. Rashford has been an arrogant disgrace for months, he shouldn't be enabled by Ole to act like that.

- No faith at all in the Summer recruitment plan: Ole says there will only be 2-3 incomings which is nowhere near enough. Plus with no CL we are limited to what players we can get. We will buy bad anyways.

- Woodward and the Glazers are just parasites and we will never be a top team again while they are here.

In all the previous years no matter how bad it got, you couldn't help but feel we would get it right eventually. Now today for the first team I'm in defeat that we won't. A sad, sad day.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Huddersfield 1:2 Man Utd