PL D FA Premier League

Huddersfield Town 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 May 2019

edgar allan

We conceded one from fullback mistake. Then others mostly by Gk mistakes.
That is absolutely wrong, we concede goals because none of our defenders are anywhere near good enough.
we were giving up loads goals and chances before DDG mistakes over the last month.

john moran

I think if Ole doesn't get the funds he needs this summer, he will quit.....don't think he would let it get to the point where he is fired.
If Ole is forced to quit the Glaziers will be forced to sell

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That is absolutely wrong, we concede goals because none of our defenders are anywhere near good enough.
we were giving up loads goals and chances before DDG mistakes over the last month.
I'd rather we score 5 goals than conceding none.

Dan_F

That’s a nice sound bite from Ole, but why were they even playing in the first place. It’s not like he’s basing his decision off one game, so what’s the point in giving them game time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm convinced we need a huge clear out starting with the players who have been here since SAF left: Young, Jones, De Gea.
Would keep only Smalling for back up. Other notables to leave: Rojo, Darmian, Matic.
Herrera & Mata I guess they are leaving. Don't know about Pogba and Lukaku. If the rest don't perform next season, we start easing them out.

Get two fullbacks, 2 midfielders, right sided attacker, another CB. Supplement the rest of the team with the youth players.

We need a total mentality reset in that dressing room. Even if we mostly use youth players, they would definitely be more up for it. I can stand losing with them. If we don't get rid of the old players, they will just infect the new incoming players.

Oh and a 50% pay cut at least.

Jazz

That’s a nice sound bite from Ole, but why were they even playing in the first place. It’s not like he’s basing his decision off one game, so what’s the point in giving them game time.
I'm hoping he's including Young in that.

G-manc

Just awful, we can't even match a team that's relegation fate has been sealed since before Christmas for effort.

Things have got so bad that there's not even any point in singling out individuals for criticism - i wouldn't bat an eyelid if every single one left.

elPampa

Supports
FC St. Gallen 1879
I'm satisfied, players are earning 25% less this season, but still far too much! Thank goodness Pogba did not hit, otherwise he would feel like a hero!

Last edited by a moderator:

Maticmaker

We are in deep 'doo-doo'... we can't beat a team who have been relegated for weeks and only had 14 points up to today. They will be pulling bodies out of the Manchester Ship Canal in the morning!

edgar allan

I'm convinced we need a huge clear out starting with the players who have been here since SAF left: Young, Jones, De Gea.
Would keep only Smalling for back up. Other notables to leave: Rojo, Darmian, Matic.
Herrera & Mata I guess they are leaving. Don't know about Pogba and Lukaku. If the rest don't perform next season, we start easing them out.

Get two fullbacks, 2 midfielders, right sided attacker, another CB. Supplement the rest of the team with the youth players.

We need a total mentality reset in that dressing room. Even if we mostly use youth players, they would definitely be more up for it. I can stand losing with them. If we don't get rid of the old players, they will just infect the new incoming players.

Oh and a 50% pay cut at least.
You do know how contract law works?

sokol11

Pogba hit the bar twice, if one of those goes in we could have won it. Sanchez did a bit better than normal in the first half. We were miles better when Matic came off for Ander and we played a couple of nice passing moves where we didnt finish them very well.

And then we were caught on the break from a set piece where Shaw put in a poor challenge and the opponents scored. Our defending wasnt very good and our end product wasnt good. There were some decent moments between that but they ended up coming to nothing because of the end product.

Gary Neville's voice made the game twice as hard to watch though
Please just don't try to sugarcoat it. This was a steaming pile of shite. I would sell half the team. Pogba has to go his attitude is disgraceful. Pomote the best 5 youngsters. Bring in 5 top class players and 2-3 new top prospects. I also think Solskjaer is not the right person to move forward. We need a leader and he is not a leader.

Kaj45rpm

Ole looked lost. No change of tactics or subs that could make a difference.
+13 GD! They should all hang their heads in shame. Pogba can go, hope we never see Sanchez in a Utd again.

It's a dire situation and how can they just switch off after Ole was confirmed as manager? Unexplainable

Last edited by a moderator:

RedAlways78

Someone better at maths than me....

Let’s count up how much Sanchez cost and his weekly wages. Now divide that by the number of goals he’s scored.

I’m thinking they will be our most expensive goals ever.

Ekeke

Please just don't try to sugarcoat it. This was a steaming pile of shite. I would sell half the team. Pogba has to go his attitude is disgraceful. Pomote the best 5 youngsters. Bring in 5 top class players and 2-3 new top prospects. I also think Solskjaer is not the right person to move forward. We need a leader and he is not a leader.
Just being realistic, we could have won the match if we had better finishing or a bit of luck. It wouldnt have been a good performance still but it would have been 3 points

Farfetched

I feel could write a ‘War & Peace’ length essay on the problems at United at the moment!
Owners who are only in it to take money out of the club whose only interest in results is how much more will they make.
Players who seemed to have given up trying, but are still happy to take millions in return.
A buying strategy that has no recognisable objective in improving the playing side, but players are brought for perceived commercial gain with no regard to a position that needs improving.
A wage structure which is doomed to cause strife in the players and agents as they scrabble to get their noses deeper in the trough.
A management team that has either lost its way and can’t find a solution, or have given up, or, hopefully, have written off this season as they a plan for the summer.
I don’t know where to begin on today’s game!

Kostur

海尔的老板
I haven't watched the match, thankfully by the looks of it, but if we can't beat the last team in the table that has been relegated like two months ago, then quite frankly I wouldn't mind if we got rid of about 90% of the players. Then again I've said it long time ago so I'm not overly surprised.

rpitchfo

Not cross today, not angry. Wasn’t the worst performance we have put in recently. I’ve lost the will to be too reflective about this lot anymore. Let’s see what the summer brings.

dogwithabone

I think if Ole doesn't get the funds he needs this summer, he will quit.....don't think he would let it get to the point where he is fired.

Not a chance.

Fired by Cardiff, managing in Norway and then walks out on arguably the biggest club job in world football ?

Like I say, not a chance.

SqueakyWeasel

Don't understand why everyone is heaping this on Ole after barely 5 months ? :lol:

He came in to help out and proved that the previous incumbent was not getting everything possible from these players.

The guy actually put us in a position to be disappointed about not getting top four.

A position that was already ruled out by one of the top managers (well into his third season) that the league has ever seen … as early as mid-December.

It might back up what Jose was saying before he was booted out but it certainly proves that the Special One's inflated ego prevented him from handling any such situation with the diplomacy it deserves.

We're in a fecking god-awful situation (one that I am adamant next weeks' results will prove we would have avoided if we could have just got 6 points from our last two fixtures of the season but … whatevs) however, that said, I'm much happier that Ole is the one leading us into the future than The Narcissistic One.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If Watford win the cup, we go into a Europa League qualifier on 25 July, the same day as supposed to play per season match v Spurs in Shanghai.

So muck up preseason or hope City win the cup (and being as we already want them to win the league over Liverpool, a double).

this season truly sucks.
Domestic Treble, even worse.

edgar allan

Think they are getting a pay cut anyway for not getting CL football. The biggest problem we have is if Ole does not grasp that the likes of Young and Jones are just not good enough.
That's performance related pay clauses in their contract which is no issue and deserved.
I would like to think he can see the obvious but let's be honest, as poor as they are we have no-one much better in reserve.

Jazz

We can at least play most of the promising youths for the final game. No need to put the usual suspects out there because it doesn't matter if we win or lose.
At least give the lads a day out.

alanjohnson

My sincere apologies to Mourinho. This team is the worst we have ever had in modern times.
Err it's his team. Players he signed. Many of them through that football agenda riaola, Jose's buddy. I bet Jose got comission on the side for those transfers too. £40-50m players who are crap and only here for the payday.

RD94

What is left to say anymore.
Just when you think that things couldnt get worse,we suddenly see our magnificent backbone of our defence,Young and Jones playing as our centre back pairing.

Enough said.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 404 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Huddersfield 0:2 Man Utd