EL W Europa League Round of 16 - 1st Leg

LASK 0:5 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 12 March 2020

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Look its always good to score 5 in an away win but let's not get carried away.
I suspect Lask are not up to much, plus we were helped by by the fact that they had no fans in the stadium and a disciple of Karius in goal.
Perspective lads.

wrinklydong

Look its always good to score 5 in an away win but let's not get carried away.
I suspect Lask are not up to much, plus we were helped by by the fact that they had no fans in the stadium and a disciple of Karius in goal.
Perspective lads.
With Liverpool knocked out from CL, probable suspension of leagues and cups, looming worldwide economic recession, prospect of losing my job and having to fight strangers over toilet papers. I'll say its perfectly ok to get carried away with a 5-0 win!

croadyman

Always nice to score 5 goals but feels like that could be the last game for a bit,at the end of the day public health is more important than football right now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Didnt look like Mike Phelan was on the bench? He seems to be popping in and out of the scene nowadays.

Robertd0803

That was weird watching it in an empty stadium. Nice win to presumably sign off on though.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Well that was a top way to go out for the time being. Hopefully the lads can keep themselves safe for the time being. Can't wait to watch them again right now.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Respect to Flex from The United Stand YouTube channel. In on a press pass, and the sole voice you heard shouting United chants.
Oh that was him? I thought he said it wasn't him, but maybe I got bamboozled.

I think he deserves credit for asking about Gomez. Finally a question that isnt about corona or something we already know the answer to before it's asked.

poleglass red

Good to see us beat a team comprehensively like we should. For too long we have struggled big time in these types of games ie ones we are expected to win . They weren't a good team but we've lost and drew games this season against poor teams that we couldn't break down. We won't get carried away but building up some nice consistent results which is good to see.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
professional performance rather than an exhilarating one but that will do for me right now. Scotty McT ran the midfield

reddevil702

Class! This was a match you'd expect us to win and it was won in the manner that's expected of Manchester United. In the group stages we won some matches but very unconvincingly, credit to Ole and the staff as they have done a great job of turning this around.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Good result and no surprise. I was a bit disappointed that players were making stupid decisions after it was 2-0. Too many players were like "I'm quicker than my defender so let me try this instead of making the smart play."

I also thought Mata looked to be one-third of the player Bruno is. Mata had a poor game and poorly executed so many plays. Imagine, a year ago many thought Mata should be a main number 10. What a difference a few transfers make.

I'm also disappointed that United are finally playing well and now no games. The timing couldn't be worse. If we had played this weekend we could have been in 4th before the suspension. Now who knows what happens for CL next year.

Sea-Cow

He might be all flash and no end product, but I was impressed by their number 8. Seemed to have a quality left-foot.

I am not sure if they were terrible, or if we made them look terrible. But they looked terrible.

I love seeing Mata sprinting around out there. He looked almost fast at some points!

And I seriously loved seeing Igahlo make a 40-yard sprint late in the game to cover Mata's space out on the right.

Tony247

I also thought Mata looked to be one-third of the player Bruno is. Mata had a poor game and poorly executed so many plays. Imagine, a year ago many thought Mata should be a main number 10. What a difference a few transfers make.
Mata was dreadful as usual. He can be a squad player and start against teams like LASK but we need another solid midfielder to work with Bruno even if Pogba stays.

Grande

LASK beat PSV 4-1, Sporting 3-0 (with Bruno) and have won all their home games in Europe this season, so 5-0 away is well above expectations. 5-0 in two Europa fixtures in a row - can’t have happened since the Busby Babes I would think.

Bestietom

5-0 Good way to finish off. I really doubt if any football will be continued this season. People's health is more important now.

always_hoping

A week since Uniteds last game although it feels like months ago.

I was meant to be in OT for the 2nd leg tonight but who knows if that game or indeed the season will ever be re-started now.

Stay safe all, football a great past time however or health is our wealth.

Man of the Match

Odion Ighalo image Odion Ighalo 55% of 222 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 207 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • LASK win
  • Draw