EL W Europa League Round of 16 - 1st Leg

LASK 0:5 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 12 March 2020

onemanarmy

With exception to the one opportunity LASK had, (where the player skied it) they've not been in the game at all. Classy, impressive performance from a United side resting 3/4 players, similar performance Sunday please :D.
Martial, Matic, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, De Gea all rested and 0-5. Not a bad day at the office.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You can never be unhappy when you win 5-0. So many good performances. Great night.

Fully Fledged

Happy to see all these goals! Professional performance.

Sorry to hear LASK lost so much money due to this closed stadium shite because of that virus. A shame for them and their fans.

Otherwise, good game from the lads.
We should give them a preseason match some time to make up for this match.

siw2007

Job done, didn’t think we were particularly amazing but we had a lot more quality on the day, they weren’t great either and we were clinical.

Bruno was again the heartbeat of everything we did well, though I gave Ighalo man of the match with a key contribution.

Don’t know how much longer we can go on playing football but if we are playing next week then we have a deadwood game.

AndyMUFC

So easy. Well played. This behind closed doors lark isnt' really sustainable, is it? :drool:

cosimas

Let's play without a crowd every time."

Works for City
Classic. Slightly weird to laugh about this in the current climate, but you have to get your laughs where you can right now.

Great performance, may be our last game of the season / for a long time, but proud of the lads again.

To be honest, I'm still on a high from the derby, and this is a cheeky little half I've taken to keep me on it.

edited for quotes fecking up

Last edited by a moderator:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
For a fanless game, that was eminently watchable. And way too easy for United. LASK have terrorised other teams up to now and we made them look very ordinary.

How many people are laughing at Ighalo now???? He would've done a job at Spurs/Arse/Chelse.

tjb

Maybe the season ends, we keep all the players we need fit, Liverpool never win the league, City get banned so we enter the UCL. We sell Pogba, Lingard, the players on loan and Jones. We sign Grealish, ST and DM. Train on the system as the Euros will be cancelled and come back at the start of next season with the team to dominate the league and go unbeaten and win the treble.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
For a fanless game, that was eminently watchable. And way too easy for United. LASK have terrorised other teams up to now and we made them look very ordinary.

How many people are laughing at Ighalo now???? He would've done a job at Spurs/Arse/Chelse.
He’s a hell of lot better than Origi and Batshit aui

Chinchy98

Good performance. Keep it up lads, LASK were a level below but you can only beat what is infront of you

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Had £20 on 4-0 to return £820 but pereira had to score last kick.

stupid Andreas!!!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
LASK beat Sporting 3-0 in the Europa League campaign this season. They beat PSV 4-1 at home. Beat out AZ Alkmaar, and allowed 3 goals the entire EL campaign.

They're not a GREAT team, but a reasonably good European side. But my god did we make them seem completely pedestrian. 11 shots on goal, 22 shot attempts.

stu_1992

Shame about the lack of crowd, because the football was great. Especially in the second half. Ighalo's goal was a thing of beauty. The control, the strike! Excellent!

Fantastic work by Mata and Fred for his goal. Mata started and finished the move but the pass from Fred was absolutely perfect.

The last one I want to mention was Greenwoods. Not half bad scoring from such a tight angle as that. The guy is a great natural finisher. I know the keeper did leave a bigger gap than you'd want, but Greenwood still did very well.

The other 2 goals were impressive too tbf, but I thought the first 3 should be highlighted especially.

Gator Nate

We just hung 5 on the team that won the Austrian Bundesliga's regular season by 6 points. And kept a clean sheet. In their house. Sort of. I mean, it was kinda like sneaking in while everyone's gone to work and cleaning them out. A 5-0 smash-n-grab? :lol:

That was fun. Rested more players, the defense wasn't pushed hardly at all. 5 freaking goals... 5 different scorers... Put the U23's in front of Romero for the return leg.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Amazing night. If anyone should keep doing their thing while we're all quarantined in our home, it's the entertainers.

Dve

And I predicted this would be a difficult game. Feck me.

RedDevilRoshi

Well that was fun :D

Good all round performance and result to match. So many positives and not many negatives from that. Play the kids in the 2nd leg (that’s if it unlikely goes ahead of course).

On a side note, football with no fans is so soulless.

Foxbatt

I thought we were poor most of the game apart from Bruno and Ighalo. There were so many miss passes and players making stupid mistakes. Against better teams we cannot afford to make those kind of mistakes. Ighalo was very good and so was Bailly and Maguire though Bailly lost his head and went sliding in and the opposing player sold him a dummy and shot goal wards. He should have hit the target at least. I thought Mata was very poor though he scored a good goal. Even Brandon was miss passing and James was his usual self in making terrible decisions. Now that he has scored a goal I hope he tries to create goals for others instead of trying to do it all by himself.
Yes the result is very good but we need to play a lot better to beat Spurs.

T-R-A-W

Had £20 on 4-0 to return £820 but pereira had to score last kick.

stupid Andreas!!!
Had a fiver on 5-0. Andreas is a hero and I won't hear any of you speak ill of him ever again.

Man of the Match

Odion Ighalo image Odion Ighalo 55% of 222 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 207 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • LASK win
  • Draw