PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 6:2 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 December 2020

yamo123x

Great result very entertaining. Love beating Leeds. Lots of positives Special mention to Scott Fred and Rashford who were all good.

For all the positives i think the match highlighted a few glaring problems that could hinder us when it comes to a title challenge.

1/AWB is a glaring weak link both defensively and offensively, positionally and persistent ball watching every game.and offers nothing going forward

2/ Lindelof despite his goal, was weak defensively again when called upon

3/Despite playing well Martial will never be a 25 goal a season man, he just doesnt have a strikers instinct and is not a natural finisher.

Plymouth Red

Please, oh please just keep doing this, chaps.
You will have scared everyone today and before each game now, they will be asking which of our teams is going to turn up. Today’s or last week’s.
Last week’s cannot win championships or cups.
Today’s definitely can and will.

Wing Attack Plan R

Really pleased to see McTominay have an imperious display against the old enemy, and really happy for James to take his goal so well. This new European manager has got us playing a really entertaining style, wonder whatever happened to that Norwegian who was so out of his depth*? Great game of football. I'm not sure it can be overstated how important a signing Bruno has been for us, despite Portugal being a worse league and Bruno not being up to the pace and physicality of the Premier League*.

/i

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It was a great game to watch, but the Leeds love in is getting cringey. They just got slapped by a rival. If Arsenal are in a relegation battle, Leeds are too, so it's not doing them a load of good this overly expansive play.

The Urban Goose

How embarrassing for the reinvigorated Jose, back to his prime best, to be below the PE teacher in the league.

onemanarmy

Have you guys spotted that left footed pass by AWB? I'm pretty sure he's actually left footed, he just doesn't know yet. That would explain a lot.

AndyMUFC

Superb win and a top game to watch. We are absolutely lethal when given a bit of space.

George the Cat

So we hammer Leeds 6-2 and it gets just 7 pages worth. If we’d lost it’d get double that, what’s wrong with you people?

Reactions: Sultan

Cloud7

That’s one hell of a result :drool: Disappointed that I couldn’t watch the match. Up to third place as well with a game in hand on the team above us.

As a side note, I didn’t even realize it was Leicester in second.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Felt like the restart games last season. Martial and Rashford especially, combining and running and passing very well. Fred had a poor game on the ball, and Martial should have finished at least once, but everybody was great.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
So we hammer Leeds 6-2 and it gets just 7 pages worth. If we’d lost it’d get double that, what’s wrong with you people?
There are dozens of posters on here who insist they support the club totally, want only whats best for the club etc. All that bullshit gets said when it comes to discussing the manager and arguing their point about getting him out.

Will they come into a post match thread though and congratulation the team when we've won? 7 pages is the answer. Its shocking.

Crustanoid

I don't know which one the main Leeds forum is but I found one with a matchday thread:

Forget about it, Scum win their cup final.
Bielsa got a schooling off OGS.
More important that we win against Burnleh and Baggies.
Onwards and upwards.
Scum have no chance of winning the league
To be fair, we could have had six ourselves
If we can win the next game, this won’t matter a jot.
If you work with any scum fans, just smile and shrug and don’t say anything, it will wind them up no end.
I knew in my gut we would hammered today, so really didn't have too much expectation. This however has been embarrassing, defensively it has been a complete mismatch and a hammering has been on the cards for a while. We have a complete Championship backline up against a word class attack.

U.N.C.L.E

The Good - McT and “that” start

The Bad - conceding a couple of cheap goals when even better GD was there for the taking

The Ugly - as a newbie poster realising that emphatic wins and solid displays by the usual Caf “whipping boys” silence some of the usual suspects (Scotty gets not much love ‘round these parts)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't know which one the main Leeds forum is but I found one with a matchday thread:
The RAWK thread was even funnier. Obsessed that the referee is from near Manchester, as though he had any impact on the score at all. Debating whether Bruno is good enough to get into their squad. *Seething* at Neville in commentary, because of the way he pronounces Manchester.

marf

Great game, loved watching that. Attacking with pace and power.
McTominay absolutely fantastic hope he can keep it up. Remember being so sad one year ago when he got injured, at that time he really was making a difference in our midfield. Today he looked like becoming that player again.

Thought Rashford was very good today aswell.

Also got to say that was the best I’ve seen from Dan James for a long time

They have the worst defensive record in the league. That isn't the sign of a well coached team.

Yes they've produced some entertaining games so far, but the **** like behaviour surrounding Bielsa is ridiculous, any other manahge would get slaughtered for playing thst way today, and not having the sense to change it when it was clearly a disaster.
I think it’s because of what he’s done. Taken then from a team that finished 14th in the championship to now being the in the Premier League. All over 2 months he changed their style and turned them into a very attractive and productive team that were unlucky not to get promoted in his first season.

Watching Leeds play today it was very clear that all they lacks is quality players for this division. The most impressive thing was not giving up. Not knowing they were beaten.

Crustanoid

The RAWK thread was even funnier. Obsessed that the referee is from near Manchester, as though he had any impact on the score at all. Debating whether Bruno is good enough to get into their squad. *Seething* at Neville in commentary, because of the way he pronounces Manchester.
That's hilarious. Somehow its funnier that Liverpool struggle so much with us doing well. Leeds have been down there for years, but Liverpool are the most successful club at the moment and they are still so scarred they worry about us even when they are winning.

alexthelion

There are dozens of posters on here who insist they support the club totally, want only whats best for the club etc. All that bullshit gets said when it comes to discussing the manager and arguing their point about getting him out.

Will they come into a post match thread though and congratulation the team when we've won? 7 pages is the answer. Its shocking.
You almost sound surprised.

Want the best for the team, my arse.

manunited1919

Funtastic game, I want more please!
We need to rest Rashford and Bruno as much as possible for the upcoming games, they should have been subbed at halftime. I guess that means Ole out :)

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Absolutely buzzing still, anyone else upsetting their mrs by being on the cafe all evening after a great win? :lol:

We were great and showed that possession isn’t all that!

Relfy

Great win, great performance overall. Oles plan with the lineup worked a treat. All the lads worked hard and ran hard. More of the same please. Onwards

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That was super enjoyable. Shame about McTominay picking up that groin injury. He was quite something today.

Danimancer

loooooooved it! I am not a football purist, or a football snob. I simply enjoy winning, goals, and entertainment. This is the United I fell in love with and would pay good money to watch. You score two? Hah, watch us score three (or more).

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
That was fecking magic, the perfect start to Christmas week, grinning like a simpleton!

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Good win .Great stuff from McTominay & Bruno especially.Fair play to the lads.
Hate to sound in anyway negative after scoring 6 but it should have been more and we still need to sort our defence.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I totally get what you mean but it's harder to think of something new to add when we win / people are less emotional.

The best thing a game like today should do is make people realise they're too reactive when we lose.
It takes no effort to come in this thread and give a well done post to the team. Doesnt have to be original or imaginative. There are suspicions that posters get so invested in certain arguments (ie Ole in or out) that they struggle to enjoy victories as much. Everybody denies that, but it doesnt help the cause when this thread is 7 pages and the losses reach 30 within hours. It makes this forum look toxic

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It takes no effort to come in this thread and give a well done post to the team. Doesnt have to be original or imaginative. There are suspicions that posters get so invested in certain arguments (ie Ole in or out) that they struggle to enjoy victories as much. Everybody denies that, but it doesnt help the cause when this thread is 7 pages and the losses reach 30 within hours. It makes this forum look toxic
I don't disagree tbh. The forum does seem to have a lot of posters who think negative viewpoints are of higher value, whereas in reality they're all the same.

Great win :devil:

Man of the Match

Scott McTominay image Scott McTominay 92% of 398 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win