PL W FA Premier League

Leeds United 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 February 2023

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Considering we’ve been without Casemiro, Eriksen, Martial, Antony and McT (yeah I know but still squad depth), to get 4 points from two tough Derby games against a team on a bounce after a managerial sacking isn’t bad at all.

If we can beat Liverpool next then we are gonna be in a good place. We’re not in a title race but we kind of also are….
Leicester are next in the league no? When is the Liverpool game?

Infra-red

Absolutely delighted with that result. Really tough, scrappy game, the players looked tired and a lot of sloppy mistakes. Fantastic again by Ten Hag - completely changed the game with his subs and won us the match - more goals from United subs this season than any other club. He's a top class manager, brilliant tactically and can change games.

Seven point gap to Spurs is very welcome in the top 4 race. Now 15 points clear of Chelsea and 17 clear of Liverpool, too (albeit with games in hand for them).

nazanto

Weghorst best no 10 in the world. Holy shit, it was genius move by our bald manager. Feck Leeds scum and get feck to championship you bunch of twats.

suheilsworld

Huge win! These are the kind of wins we should be getting at times when our performances are not good. Big 3 points in solidifying our top 4 chances.

- Lisandro as always immense.
- Fred has a decent second half.
- Rashford, Garnacho , Shaw are pure class!
- Decent from Sancho too.
- Bruno needs to wake up with important cup winning moments coming in.
- feck Maguire!! I don’t want to see him anywhere near that starting line up!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Ugly win, but when it's against Leeds, I don't care.

Impressed with Malacia. Whilst not the most creative, he takes care of the ball well, even under their relentless press.

Martinez came on and gave us what we needed, our centre backs had a lot of the ball but unable to pass it through midfield until he stepped in, which allowed Shaw to be where he is most effective.

Maguire is just awful.

Longshanks

and this created a new role for Weghorst, who really was kind of good after that. He did end up with a key role to the second goal.
He was really really bad before that though. So were most of our players tbf
He gave us a target to bypass the midfield, because we couldn't progress the ball through midfield for toffee today. Because we didn't have a genuine sitting midfielder playing.

Superden

Martinez MOTM for me. As soon as he came on we had so much more threat with his ability to ping passes over their midfield.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Didn't think we'd win so well done. Annoying dropping points mid-week!

Red_Aaron

Great win, big 3 points
2 brilliant goals
Absolutely buzzing with it

Gave away far too many passes in our own third (the missing players were a huge miss in this regard) Maguire was ok in a reactionary defensive way but on the ball he was a massive liability - it took martinez coming on for us to even get out of our half 2nd half and it was entirely of our own making

Leeds ran their hearts out - I doubt we'll face anything like the amount of effort we've faced in the past 2 games

Loon

:lol:
Big take away from this game?

Garnacho needs to change his Mo Howard hairdo.

morree

Honestly we were shocking, took us until last 20 min to properly get into the game. Calling it, now leeds will go back to being shit and get relegated after playing us.

elPampa

Supports
FC St. Gallen 1879
With that performance, how the hell does Maguire get an average grade of currently 4.8? That was underground!!

Memento28

Please don't let anyone with any heart issues watch the game when Maguire is playing, it's so terrifying watching him trying to play from the back. Also, can Ayling feck off?

SirSean

In hindsight, the Sabitzer-deal has been pitvotal! He's not the player to really outshine the others, but he offers so much more quality on the ball than Fred, and whoever was supposed to take (Sabitzer) his place in today's game.

Well done!

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Martinez MOTM for me. As soon as he came on we had so much more threat with his ability to ping passes over their midfield.
Totally. Odd that he only has 8%. Rashford wasn't that good apart from the goal.

pogbasformerbarber

We deserved to win, but Leeds looks awful. Very realistic relegation chance if they keep playing this poorly…

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
We were very poor for a large part of the game and I didn't think the game was as good as Sky would have us believe. Fred was good in the second half but for me Garnacho made the difference. their defenders struggled with his pace and directness. also Martinez's arrival calmed down the other defenders.

On the minus side, please no one now lecture me on DDG. Thought he was dodgy for most of the game, although having Maguire in front of him might not have helped...

Play like that on Thursday and the second leg will be irrelevant...

Addled

Fred was great. So was Marcus. Sancho was terrible. He looked really nervous before kick off. He needs to get his confidence back.
Delighted we beat these and just a pity Ayling didn’t get his comeuppance.
Up to second now hoping Villa can do us a favour. Won’t be holding my breath though.

TrueRed79

Feck Leeds. Hope they get relegated. Great win in the end. Subs changed it.

Orange Tree

Maguire didn't get much help from the midfield today. His passing was worse than usual because of it.

Sabitzer playing deeper in the second half helped our play from the back.

BorisManUtd

Poor, poor performance and a brilliant result. 2 goals scored, clean sheet, that's basically perfect outcome of a game where we were bad again just like 4 days ago. I wanted 3 points before the game and didn't mind if it was bad performance and got it, can't complain.

Leeds are in bad position so 2 points out of 6 possible against them would've been so irritating. 4 is fine. Love it though we'll have to improve and hopefully with Casemiro coming back we will.

I also loved both goals. 1st one where Sabitzer sent long ball on the left side which was needed, Shaw's perfect cross and Rashford heading it into the net. He was just in line (unlike later when he had a goal disallowed). Second goal as well, good assist by Wout and Garnacho with a finish.

Rustyspider13

Lovely win. It was such a simple plan, concentrate pressure on one side, switch play to the other and score. I'm so glad Sabitzer actually took responsibility to execute the plan as Maguire, Dalot and Fred weren't doing it. Lisandro coming on was the catalyst, he has an incredibly calming influence on our play.

Rashford is simply unstoppable. LW, ST, RW-doesn't matter, give him a chance and he'll score. Great for Garnacho to get on the scoresheet as he was looking a bit off form after his electric start.

Alright, onward to Barcelona. Let's see what this team can do against the big boys.

always_hoping

Hard earned and important away win this afternoon that moves United now 7 points ahead of 5th spot.

Performance to be expected a tired one in a hectic fixture schedule. Rashford continues to chip in with important goals and Garnacho silenced his critics after his misses midweek v Leeds.

Very tough away match against La Liga leaders Barcelona next. Will be without the suspended Martínez, Sabitzer and the injury list of Antony, Mctominay, De Beek, Martial, Eriksen. A narrow defeat will likely be decent result to bring back to Old Trafford.

G-manc

Terrible game, reminded me of a performance under Ole. Loads of unforced errors and zero composure by either team.
Leeds are terrible, chaotic with no quality anywhere.

Real Name

Hard earned and important away win this afternoon that moves United now 7 points ahead of 5th spot.

Performance to be expected a tired one in a hectic fixture schedule. Rashford continues to chip in with important goals and Garnacho silenced his critics after his misses midweek v Leeds.

Very tough away match against La Liga leaders Barcelona next. Will be without the suspended Martínez, Sabitzer and the injury list of Antony, Mctominay, De Beek, Martial, Eriksen. A narrow defeat will likely be decent result to bring back to Old Trafford.
Why Sabitzer?

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 298 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd