PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Leicester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 24 September 2016

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A fine three points. I would've liked us not to ease up after half time, easy to understand how we lost focus though.

The first half performances of so many players were so good. Definitely the best we've been all year.

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
Haven't enjoyed a United game that much in years.

Looked a different team going forward without Rooney to slow everything down and give away possession.

Keep him on the bench next week please.

togg

The first half? Haven't seen United play like that in a long time. Second half? Totally predictable we couldn't keep up that tempo, but we contained them, could have added and were beaten only by a wonder goal. I'm mightily pleased. So many good performances.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
A step in the right direction. We looked a lot more balanced and fluid, and the pace of the players in the final third brought out the best in Zlatan as well.

Tactically, the high pressing was wonderful to see, and forced Leicester into errors.

In terms of personnel - Lingard had good moments but wasn't too great running at defenders and was poor for the goal. Think Mikhitariyan coming in on that side could bring us up another level.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant. Not even sure I can pick a stand out. Midfield 3 tremendous, Blind was quality, ibra and the wingers linked well, valencia another very good game and the center backs mopped up well.

Carrick when he came on did brilliantly to calm the game down and kill it, while rooney also did well in his brief cameo through his experience.

Just great performance all around. Only shame is their goal but nothing you can do about that

Dé jonge god

Shame they could not keep the momentum going in the second half. Seen shades of the true potential in the first half. Lets hope they can keep building on that.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Cracking game, predicted 4-1 so I'm now off to buy a lottery ticket.

Herrera is a cracking little player, tidy, energetic, works hard for the team.

Mata is a proper ten, a difficult position but showed how well he can do there.

Blind was fantastic, shows for all the physicality of the game, technique and reading of the play in front of you can really work.

Rest of the squad was awesome and very happy with the win!

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
One of the most enjoyable games of the season, but still enough room for improvements.

MDFC Manager

On the whole, very good.

I'm a little annoyed by the second half performance, but the game was over and I suppose it's to be expected.
Tbf, Leicester went defensive in the second half and that killed the game more than anything, IMO.

Hed Zitin

Great after the first goal in the second half. Controlled the second half, but a bit casual.

CM were fantastic. Blind great. Zlatan linked up well.

Castia

Great result and a really solid display, much better!

It's seemed so obvious though in dropping Rooney and Fellaini, it's finally happened and it's the best we've looked all season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
  • I think that was Mata's best game in a United shirt. On another level to Wayne Rooney
  • Much improved from Pogba.
  • Blind was excellent at LB, might be tough for Shaw to come back into the starting XI.
  • Herrera is an improvement on Fellaini in that role and should play more often.
  • Rashford is pretty much an automatic starter and I thought Lingard was decent, I think that RW role will be the one to target for Martial, Depay, Miki.
  • Zlatan showed bits of class at time and should have got a goal, I think he drops too deep sometimes and while he is better than Rooney at doing that, I would prefer him to stay up top and be a target man.
  • I though Bailly was excellent, especially in the first half.

The_Order

Like I've been saying, Fellaini, is a sledgehammer in a position where you need a surgical knife.

The exclusion of Rooney pays dividends. Ibra putting in a captain's performance without the armband.

Suck it, Einsteins.

pacifictheme

Mouhrino is ever the cynic. He knew we had this in the bag so he must have told the players to conserve their energy in the second half.

Great stuff though, so many great performances today
In the latter years inder fergie we did that too.

No point beating a team 6 nil then losing the next game. That is classic Arsenal.

Sam M

Herrera really should be starting every game for me. In the big games, he should be the first name on the team sheet - he thrives in these high tempo contests where everything is done with great speed. It's against the minnows where he can be erratic.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Bit rough start, great period since the first goal and a bit before it, wondering if we took foot of the pedal or them switching to 451/433 of some sorts took toll on the second half, hoped for a bit more there but it was a fantastic watch nontheless.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's a good start. Let's keep this going and continue building.

Some wonderful stuff in that first half - we actually played like United.
Most important, 3 points. Disappointed we conceded, but it was a great goal by the young Leicester lad.

Eriku

Tremendous. 3 goals in 5 minutes, not often we get treated to that. Pogba and Zlatan clearly have a good chemistry, I wish that chipped pass and Zlatan volley ended in a goal.

friend

Excellent performance. Controlled the game after our first goal.

Good chemistry shown between all the players too. Shame Zlatan couldn't get a goal today but happy for Pogba and co.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 40% of 1015 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 803 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw