PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:0 Leicester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 September 2019

smudgegezer

I will take that, clearly, Leicester has the better midfield. Will like us to try and get Maddison, Fred and Chong gave us a bit more control in midfield matic was useless, mctominay was my man of the match did not shy away all game. 3 points lets move on.

ExoduS

I am definitely going to stop watching Manchester United. Wtf. This is terrible, terrible. Why do we suck so much? I mean this is outrageous how pathetic we were over last 4 weeks. Build the team from ground up. Get rid of all the players, all the coaches, get relegated and let's start fresh. This is just unbearable. I am not seeing any silver lining. I am actually smelling a disaster of a season.
How does Leicester dominate possession and look so dangerous against us when we are at home? I think this team actually will not get to spring in Europe League unless something drastically changes.

Chunk of hope

5 games into the season that was fecking depressing to watch us labor to a win at home

edgecutter

Delighted with the win, but thank feck for that pen because we didn't look like scoring at all today. Too many passengers in our side.

matt23

Before the game - 'wouldn't even be an upset if Leicester were to win, they're a top 4 team'.

After the win - ' Poor performance, lucky 3 points, we' re awful blah blah blah'

Get in

Cloud7

That was fecking brutal. We needed the result, but after the first fifteen minutes that was just painful to watch.

Suv666

Given the injuries great result. Stop moaning about the performance with so many absentees what the feck did people expect?

Tapori

Lucky we were
Matic should not start; treacle passing poor attacking angles and slow in thought.
McTominay - bite and drive.
James, Bissaka and Maguire - Well done.
Perreira - agressiveand functional could do alot better on the ball. Better when switched to No.10 role
Rashford - Goal and terrible service to him. worldy freekick and hacked to bits. Ploughed through.
Mata - Love him but his time is nye.
Fred - Good
Lindelof - Question marks still; would try Tuanzebe
Young - Very good game tbf. Well done.

Chong - Lively but needs better ball play

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Happy with the win but we are awful. Pereira not good enough, Lindelöf average, Rashford average. Mctominay and Maguire the only shining lights. Fred should be starting alongside Mctominay with Pogba at 10 going forward.

AshRK

Very poor quality of game but I am happy with some of the professionalism shown by some of our players especially Mctominay. 3 important points to steady the ship.

Marcus

Not too bad at all. First half we looked pretty good. Second half we were tiring. De Gea is back to his best, Maguire was outstanding and McT was MOM.

AJ10

Leicester were shit, what happened to Rodgers great football.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Rashford scores a penalty. What else did he do the whole game? Not someone we can rely on for sure.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I am definitely going to stop watching Manchester United. Wtf. This is terrible, terrible. Why do we suck so much? I mean this is outrageous how pathetic we were over last 4 weeks. Build the team from ground up. Get rid of all the players, all the coaches, get relegated and let's start fresh. This is just unbearable. I am not seeing any silver lining. I am actually smelling a disaster of a season.
How does Leicester dominate possession and look so dangerous against us when we are at home? I think this team actually will not get to spring in Europe League unless something drastically changes.
If you stop watching games does that mean we won't see any more posts like this?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
42% possession at home. Lovely.

DevilRed

We seem to be unable to pressure the opposition midfield properly. Much too easy for them to get through us and to take possession off us.

We need to work on this and actually then can we start creating meaningful chances on the other end.

Ekeke

He did? I think he was bad up until he moved to number 10, and showed glimpses of what he can offer.
In the first half particularly in the first 25 mins or so he was one of our best players, but you have to appreciate things like him making the slidetackle to put the ball in for Rashford so he can win the penalty. If he doesnt keep that attack alive with a bit of grit it doesnt happen. Also had the good freekick where the keeper hurt himself, a couple of decent passes forwards for teammates. 2nd half mainly just the turn in the middle of the pitch about 70 mins in to get away from a few players.

Keep in mind he hasnt had many performances where he has shown lots of quality, so for it to be one of his better performances for us it doesnt have to be dazzling.

Nick7

He was the only midfielder/attacker who was decent to good. But my God aren't we absolutely absymal. I really think after seeing such performances what exactly is the coaching staff doing in training? I don't even see any improvement from what we were serving up under Jose.
I thought the midfield was quite good in stopping Leicester. They never had control of the midfield and never really allowed to attack our defenders which has happened a hundred times in the last three games. Attacking wise, yeah that just didn’t happen.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Rashford scores a penalty. What else did he do the whole game? Not someone we can rely on for sure.
He won the penalty as well. What do you expect him to do when he's got no creative players feeding him?

redcafe_reader

Deserved 3 points.

I quite like what Ole has achieved so far with the team play, even in the game we lost. The pressing, movement is good. He just needs a good player to replace Lingard and Perreira (how I with James Maddison plays for us...).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Before the game - 'wouldn't even be an upset if Leicester were to win, they're a top 4 team'.

After the win - ' Poor performance, lucky 3 points, we' re awful blah blah blah'

Get in
You can't just pluck two random opinions from different sides and make out like that's the caf hive mind

Devil may care

Trash performance but a big 3 points given the starting 11, I thought Maguire and AWB were easily the standouts and really kept Leicester from getting much joy in the 2nd half where we offered absolutely nothing. McTominay grafted hard but his lack of quality on the ball is an issue when he's supposed to the attacking CM in the midfield 2. The usual suspects were poor as they often are, the best part of the game was the scrap in the corner at the end.

DoomSlayer

:lol:

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
An exciting 8-6 win for my 5 year old son's game, more exciting than the United game

Ace of Spades

K, bye. You will not be missed.

koop

Damn who shit in your cornflakes?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
A win and clean sheet.

For all Leicester's bluster, they were outfought by a rag tag midfield. Mct was superb- he was our midfield.
Maguire, imperious at the back. Forwards worked hard in a game of no clear cut chances.

We finally scored a penalty. Let's not underestimate the bottle he had, and he hit the bar with a brilliant free kick

Nick7

He did? I think he was bad up until he moved to number 10, and showed glimpses of what he can offer.
He strikes me a #10 still. But his passing and dribbling just isn’t good enough. His crossing is probably his best asset but he looks lost out wide. Confusing player.

Betson

McGuire and Lindelöf very solid in the second half when they were under a lot of pressure at times.

Very worrying how little we create in terms of scoring chances and shots on target etc.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Grabbing the 3 points today was vitally important for the team's morale and out chances of a top-four finish.

Mctominay, James the entire backline had good games today. Periera and Matic not so much.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I love McT.

Grateful for the win as we were in need of 3 points.

I say it all the time, but Ole needs to add to his coaching staff - not friends or ex players - proper forward thinking coaches. Why he can't see that is beyond my comprehension.

Anyway, we had a makeshift team and the boys got a result.

On to the next game.

spiriticon

We need an Eriksen or a De Bruyne.

Our no. 10's (Lingard,Pereira,Mata) are awful.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Leicester are no mugs this is a good 3 points.... Lot of shite being spoken 6 some tbh. We aren't clicking yet but they still have my confidence.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 438 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 2:1 Leicester
  • 16% Man Utd 1:2 Leicester