g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 December 2020

Adamsk7

I’m not too upset by that. We’re still a work in progress and I think we clearly know where our issues are.
my main concern is I just don’t think we can afford to leave quality players on the bench and start some that are there to “do a job”. If we’re aiming to win a league title, Cavani, for instance, needs to start every game he’s fit enough for. Having him, Greenwood, Pogba etc on the bench and starting the likes of Dan James, McTominay etc is criminal.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
Gave away 2 points, period. But we continue to actually perform at a decent level, and it has been a while since we played badly. Deserved a win yet again, so we are actually making progress as a team.

Imagine missing that header, Rashford. I'd feel sick for a while. Also, how can 4 defenders just stand there and watch ONE opponent stand alone 5 yards away from our goal? Jesus christ.

Obiorahking_

Baily can never be consistent. Really let us down with the second goal. How do you not have the presence of mind to get tight to Vardy? For what it’s worth can’t remember the last time we conceded an open play goal like that when it mattered. Simply need to move on from these guys if they gonna offer Feck all.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Ole there hopefully pointing towards a centre back signing? Talking about Lindelof’s ongoing back problem (and obviously seen that match) said we’ll have to do something let’s see what it is

Might be reaching there but the Jan window is round the corner and we desperately need a centre half.

space

Happy with a point away to Leicester, disappointed at the same time because the game was there to be won - more frustrated because Liverpool have an easy 3 points coming today. We won't challenge for the title now, as we need to be putting chances away like the ones we missed, but given it is the Xmas period, I am happy with the performance.

PoTMS

They work hard in midfield and move the ball quickly. They don't create much but they don't need to (opposed to us) as they have Vardy up front.
Leicester will end up finishing outside the European places. This is points dropped.

Jetrooooo

Not that it would've mattered today, but stoppage time is an absolute joke, what's the point of it? Maddison down for the first 45 seconds of it, and the whistle goes at 94:01
Referees used to get so much abuse when a winner got scored 1 minute over the supposed extra time; I think they just all decided to blow on the dot.

Dominos

Our ball retention and passing is absolutely awful honestly. We wouldn't concede either of those goals if we weren't so sloppy in possession.

The amount of times they lose the ball in the most basic of situations, playing the ball directly out of play for a throw, dawdle on the ball when they're being closed down.

Our consistent failure to beat the press in the first half was just embarassing.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
The sort of game you need to win to need to be champions . Its odd...you can see the pieces there of the jigsaw but we are just waiting for them to all snap into place. We need another top CB or a better ball winner in midfield.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes but we're conceededing way too many goals, we must be on course to conceed about 50 goals this season :wenger:
I wouldn’t say that was down to Mctominay or fred, that the least of our problems and they work well.

This team with 2 signings, CB and striker such as Kane and VVD would be genuine challengers

Flying_Heckfish

Should have won. Very frustrating watching those chances missed, and the awful defensive errors.

Still, we look to be improving again so let's see how it goes.

Siorac

That’s your assessment after that match, I’d say it showed a glaring weakness in not having a finisher up front
The game ended 2-2 away to a direct rival - it makes a lot more sense to look at our defending after a game like that.

suhaylah

Our defence is fecking shit.. When we score first, the team can't keep the goal advantage..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need to get Cavani on the pitch as much as possible before his ban.
Different class to Martial in many ways. Though I do like Martial.

united for life

The fact that we're moaning about 1 point away against 2nd team in the league at this point of the season is a good signal. However could have won comfortably and narrow down the lead to 2pts, sort of annoying.
that’s what i was thinking. We are at a stage where we feel we can win against any team. Too bad we were very wasteful up front and sloppy defensively. Starting lindelof as a right back was bizarre

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Today’s result is a real shame because we’re not far off in mounting a proper title challenge as far as the quality of our attacking intent goes. But we won’t trouble Liverpool this season thanks to our horrendous defensive approach. Our best form of defence is attack and sitting back after taking the lead killed us because our defence crumbles when pressed or is under pressure.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
It's disapointing to lead twice and let it slip away like this.
Our defenders aren't very comfortable with the ball and what to do with it. And those conceded goals... Eye-marking the adversary is not enough.

We were superior, a little bit wasteful, we just have to do something about our defensive organization to challenge the title.

Holocene

Disappointing result. We were definitely the better team. Let down by poor finishing and lapses in concentration. Never felt like we would see the game out after going 2-1 up.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Scholes having a little dig at Ole, “he’s leaving the best players out”

Savage - “is Cavani United’s best centre forward”

Scholes - “he’s our only centre forward”

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It's tough to watch United when you know they need to win because they very rarely deliver it comfortably
We were playing 2nd places Leicester away from home. What did you expect?
its a frustrating but ultimately good result.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Our ball retention and passing is absolutely awful honestly. We wouldn't concede either of those goals if we weren't so sloppy in possession.

The amount of times they lose the ball in the most basic of situations, playing the ball directly out of play for a throw, dawdle on the ball when they're being closed down.

Our consistent failure to beat the press in the first half was just embarassing.
You do know the other teams are allowed to try right? Rodgers always coaches the press well and he has Leicester looking a lot more solid this year. Everton went more direct against them and thats how we probably should have gone

mattunited1978

doommonger
Decent point but So fecking frustrating, shit finishing from rashford, James absolute rubbish and our usual comical defending...back to james, my god he was useless.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Do people think that great strikers just convert every chance? People seem to think that there’s a player out there that would just score every chance we create. Plus Rashford was the one on the end of our best chances so do you want to replace him?

Our issue today was with a shit balance in midfield which never allowed us to control the game even when we created far more. Add that to our ever ropey defense and we ship another two goals from bad communication
Yes I think strikers win games and leagues. A Vardy or Kane in our team today and we win easily. There’s a reason Fergie went all out for RVP and we win the league yet we had no midfield then either

RRCE

Clearly, United should have won that game. Ole should be very disappointed with the result. He’ll be all smiles for the camera, but in the locker room I hope he’s ripping into the team.

Many have already correctly pointed out the horrific finishing from Rashford, and the poor play defensively. What really struck me, though, was how cheaply we gave the ball away. Our passing was extremely poor, and I thought we lacked intensity in possession. With a defence that’s already prone to switching off and committing big mistakes, giving the ball away so consistently is a recipe for disaster.

Still, at 2 - 1 up, we should have seen that game out. The team bottled it in the end.

Giggsyking

Win and you are breathing in Liverpools neck, what we do? bottle it. Our manager will always be an underdog. Cant handle expectations and spotlight. The same happened in the Champions league.

Shiva87

Poor defensively today. Cost us big time. The second goal was totally avoidable. So was the first but Bruno can do that when he tries to create a counter.

Best Foot Forward

Supports
United
So frustrating.

If our forwards weren't so wasteful, we'd be 2nd now. We clearly had the better chances and should have won this.

This is the difference between a team challenging for the title and a team that isn't.
Combined with very poor passing.
Fred must have had more pass completions to the opposition than to Utd players.
I love his effort but he's not up to being a United midfield player IMO

TopBins

I can understand why Fred played, but why McTominay? It's not as if Leicester dominated us with their ball possession like Barcelona or even Leeds did last week. Leicester set up to defend in numbers and hit on the counter, and whenever they do have the ball they were uninspiring. Clearly not the type of game that suits both McTom and Fred, Fred was ok but McTom was invisible.

With Donny on the bench who's clearly a better passer and good at ball retention, no idea why Ole still doesn't believe in him. Very unsure of what's Donny's purpose here to be frank.

AaronRedDevil

Not mad about the draw tbh. Mostly expected it to be a tough match and it really wasn't. Just United played really shit and should have won. But a draw isn't a bad result against Leicester at there home.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Not sure it's wilful. We saw at the start of the second half that we can't cope witg being pressed really hard.. Now, teams can't keep that up for 90 minutes, sure - but they can for 10-15 minutes and that was enough today.

And in any case, regardless of how a given match is going, we have an infuriating habit of giving the ball away cheaply. Not all of that is tactical.
I think we’re just still a very reactive team, and whether it’s consciously been drilled or not, that state of play worked well in midweek, and has a few other times this season, so we rather lazily fell into it... there was just far too much space for them going forward with the game at 2-1, so if it’s not deliberate, it’s very poor discipline.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The game ended 2-2 away to a direct rival - it makes a lot more sense to look at our defending after a game like that.
Surely can’t look at both, I agree the defending should be looked at but picking on Fred or mctominay after that match is pointless

bsCallout

Defensively let down. So frustrating to drop points, on the whole it was a comfortable game for us.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 66% of 272 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 280 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw