PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 01 September 2022

Gordon S

Nice little assist from Rashford, other than that, just a passenger. Not sure i ever seen a player just walk around like that and play with such little urgency and grit. And he is a big strong guy as well, why doesn`t he use it. Feels like he is giving up duels in the middle of it at times, just starts walking again.

Casemiro was best player on the pitch when he came on. So calm and clever. Looked forward and found teammates almost every time. Will help us a lot this season.

Just wish we played with some more urgency and pace. Feels like we can do it, but just want to calm it down and take our time every chance we get.

SirScholes

Once these guys get settled and more confident they’ll start killing teams on the counter
The amount of times the attack just needed a little more composure on the final ball and we’d of had a few one on ones or tap ins

fair play to Evans he made a couple good last ditch interceptions

Weirdly enjoyed Mctom today, made sure they knew he was there, some nice passes forward as well

AndyMUFC

Another win built on a rock solid back four. Lots of work to do in attack, Elanga and Rashford can't continue to play but what a player Varane is, love his partnership with Martinez and Dalot was terrific again as well.

Boondog

Good team win. Lot of folks discounting Leicester but they have played tough in their losses and we felt that today. Think that Arse game was the only team that dismantled them.

We are top 5 in the table. New manager making a difference. Players playing hard to a man. Players actually improving. Casemiro still not fully adjusted yet so a boost to come from him. And a badass RW on the way as well.

This a fun team to root for again. :devil:

ManRed

Decent first half, not so great second but still saw the game out. Reminded me of games when we had a defensive record of not conceeding and how we defended after we scored a goal.
Good - Sancho goal, Bruno on the right, Scott as DM and the whole backline.
Bad - Not attacking after going a goal up, Rashford and Elanga in attack.

Dempsey19

Defence looks great which is a massive improvement. Then again everyone knew taking Maguire and Shaw out of the starting XI would immediately improve the team.

Overall I thought it was a poor performance. Leicester are in awful form and we should of beating them comfortably but in the second half they had chances to equalise.

Red_Aaron

Another win, another clean sheet, another rashford and Sancho combination for the goal, casemiro introduced, Ronaldo minutes from the branch. Varane, Dalot and McT played well I thought.

Sloppy when we really should've put them to bed early on but we were committed defensively and saw out the game reasonably well

MUnchies

First half we were brilliant, played some beautiful football and topped it off with a wonderful goal. Total control

Second half we started sluggish with fancy flicks and forcing give and go passing. Leicester had control but really didn't threaten at all if we are being honest, De Gea literally made one good save from a free kick. Defensively I will save we were in control, I don't care wha anyone says. We should have killed the game with ten minutes to go, we had a few chances at the end.

Next step is to finish games out from the 60 to 70 minute mark. I am positive it will come with time when Casemiro and Antony get integrated in the team. Our new signings have been excellent so far.

youngrell

Leicester were so bad I think the players slumped into second gear for the middle third and it could’ve cost us. Need to be a bit more ruthless, on another day we get caught out.

Turned out to be a fairly decent away win in the end. Casemiro and Ronaldo made a difference with their experience and calmness.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Back four good. DAve saved. Bruno and Eriksen good. McT - fair dues. Sancho took his goal well; Rashford middling. Better than of late ..Elanga… Ok. Ronnie was great when he came on.

Daneman

Awful game, but another win and clean sheet. Back to basics from Ten Hag, very direct, few risks taken, and not having a forward who can hold the ball up makes for some poor football. Also, the fitness of Sancho and Eriksen is a concern, need to manage the use of Eriksen this season and find an alternative as a playmaker to rest him as he has dropped off second half every match he has started.
Seems unfair.. Eriksen took part in all attacks untill the very end, even the blind serves from Ronaldo he tried and run in on.
and he never lets the defense behind.

I honestly do believe the fact Eriksen always looks so calm and 'unbothered' gives a false impression he is slacking.
Now I dont actually know where to look this up, but I bet if you do look it up, he is probably in the top 5 of the team having covered most distance in the last 2 games.

justsomebloke

Gratifying! Everything and everyone looked a little bit better than last game. And very good result, though Leicester is clearly a team in major trouble. 2 straight away wins, and clean sheets too. There's a sense now that you see the team gelling, every game a bit more. Good attitude too. Things are falling into place, though there's still a way to go before we're really good.

The biggest enjoyment today was watching Casemiro after he came on. A couple of errant passes aside, he's just pure class in every involvement. Is consistently well positioned, available for passes, passes it on immediately and efficiently, marks and tackles well and contributes quite a few creative passes too. He needs to get in the starting XI pronto.

Green Yellow Red

Might be a scrappy win but we got the 3 points & that’s what matters. In the famous words of Erik Ten Hag during his first interview as the coach, he said and i quote “The goal is to play beautiful football but even when we can’t, we have to win”. You know what, Maguire literally deserve MOTM every game because of him we’re actually succeeding and winning games, he’s not even conceding or not making mistakes.

Wing Attack Plan R

Referee had a bad night.
Rashford should have been taken off around 60 minutes (or started on the bench).
Again, we were more careless than Leicester were good.
McTominay, Varane had great games.
Ronaldo is finished.
Elanga will hopefully be Antony's understudy.
DeGea made a great save.

RedorDead21

Another win, another clean sheet, another rashford and Sancho combination for the goal, casemiro introduced, Ronaldo minutes from the branch. Varane, Dalot and McT played well I thought.

Sloppy when we really should've put them to bed early on but we were committed defensively and saw out the game reasonably well
Ronaldo looks finished it’s like watching Ali vs Holmes.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Good first half. Poor second half, but didn't give them a sniff to be fair (outside of set pieces).

Varane my man of the match. Roll on Sunday and Casemiro and Antony into the team.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
We looked great in the first half but we didn’t actually create anything other than the chance for the goal… we were shit in the second, but actually looked dangerous towards the end when Ronaldo came on - even though he ballsed up our best chance.

Hopefully Antony can be the missing link between the two… partly by getting Elanga out of the starting XI, and allowing us to drop Rashford occasionally

Litch

We won, def improvement but something is missing. Not sure the midfield is right and still a question mark over Bruno….

OT1214

Our players left/dummied the ball a lot which kind of indicates they know where their teammates are. Not quite sure we had that awareness in previous seasons.

tjb

It's a premier league away game. You want to win these games by 2 goals and let it rest.
For me, what's most important about this performance is the clear signs of a good team are there.
We looked very strong and hard to break down, without having to focus all our energy on that side of the game.
We also look like we can create chances, but due to not completely controlling games, it doesn't seem as much as it really is.
We will start controlling games, its quite clear from the movement of the midfield during this game. It's coming. Casemire coming in there, in addition to the composed backline says as much. When we have the ball, we know how to move it around, we know how to build up. Our problem at the moment is twofold.
1. De Gea keeps booting it up the field. This might be an instruction to let him play naturally, particularly in away games. I suspect, this wouldn't be the case at Old Trafford.
2. Rashford can't hold onto anything up front. Luckily he's clearly not our no.9.

We have other options in those two positions, so I'm pretty confident, not just from the progress in play in that first half, but in defensive structure and composure that we will have a top side pretty soon.

drmuji

Is anyone watching bein sports. The guys there are just nuts. One of them said, with these performances I see united going into obscurity. They'll be lost very soon. I just can't believe anyone put them up for this job

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
That was a hard watch but further signs of progress and another away win so more good than bad. I still can't believe that Elanga is presumably so far ahead of Garancho he can't get any minutes yet. Looking forward to another home game now.

Daneman

This is what people tend not to see when he's not scoring or assisting. He's a workhorse. The reason I never take issue with his passes that are risky is that there is always a good idea behind it. It's not nearly as reckless as it can sometimes come across.

There is a sharp decline when Eriksen moves into the no.10 position from what I've seen so far. People won't want to admit it, but Eriksen lack of pace and aggression really shows itself when Bruno moves out wide. Both performed well today and it's clear as day that Eriksen will be our starting no.8 this season.
Think its a bit unfair.. Eriksen gets the final 10 minutes as no.10.. having probably covered more distance than most in the first 80 minutes.
can't really expect anyone to be a beast at that point.

Shiva87

A very good win. Two 1-0s away from home. Excellent stuff

Our defence is winning the games for us. Don't know when is the last time we said that. Our cohesiveness on the back foot is so good to see. Martinez and Varane covering each other and the full backs. Even if someone gets beaten, someone else is there to stop the opponent progressing.

Looks like ETH has re structured his training to focus on stopping the goals from going in. Once he builds some confidence at the back, he will start encouraging players to develop attacking patterns.

We nullified everything that Leicester do well. Our back 4 were deeper that I expected - probably to stop Vardy running in behind. Clearly a tactical decision for this game.

Onwards and upwards!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We badly need a striker who can hold the ball. Otherwise every long ball release will just keep coming back.

DevilRed

Need to be more clinical and less wasteful upfront. I’m sure that will come soon.

I can’t even remember the last time we won two away games in a row. Let alone two clean sheets away from home.

So important that we are building from the back and keeping things solid. The goals will come

tjb

Good first half, should have scored more. Very scrappy in the second half. Leicester didn't produce much. I will take the 3 points.

Dalot was MotM for me. The back 4 look solid and seem to enjoy defending.

Casemiro should have been brought on earlier than he was and Eriksen should have been subbed as he looked gassed. Other than that, decent win. Looking forward to the Arsenal game.
People really need to start looking at Dalot. He's picking the right passes, but also defending so much better than before. Sometimes our fanbase, including myself, give up on players far too quickly, especially the ones bought as teens.

Ludens the Red

Really liking the look of the defence at the minute. Nobody makes me nervous, we’ll apart from Dalot but more when he’s going forward. No coincidence that once that fridge is out the improvement follows.
Im afraid the attack is a mess though, Rashford and Elanga are mediocre. Rashford hasn’t kicked on from the Liverpool game at all. The decision making from these two do at times is staggering. Bruno was guilty a few times too but would make up for it at other times. I’d start Antony on Sunday if I were ETH. Make Arsenal worried.

Green Yellow Red

I don’t care how we do it, as long as we win. Defense was elite, Casemiro looked great when he came on, our captain doing well on the bench. We used to lose or draw such games ...this was all about mentality, character and growth from learning from our losses. Let’s keep building

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Back four looking ace. Casemiro will add a massive presence in MF, Sancho is looking good, Eriksen is looking a good addition too. Dalot is looking like a player too which is good to see.

Hopefully Antony will add some bite to our attack and judging by the way we finished, Ronaldo has to start the next match. So much better than Rashford up front.

Blood Mage

Did we win any back to back away games last season? I'm glad we've put that awful run behind us and are looking like some semblance of a team for the first time in ages. Still massive improvements needed of course, hopefully our attack looks a bit more balanced and less predictable when Antony comes in.

suheilsworld

Souness: "Great goal from Sancho but where was Martinez? Not even visible in that defensive line for Leicester."
Worse is watching Richard Keys, Andy Gray and Jason Mcateer moan how poor we are with no style of play, no vision and how klopp built a great side and how Mourinho was a great manager for us. BeIN sports should really look into their pundits. Watching World Cup with them is going to be so appalling

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 378 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 23% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd