PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Deserved win by Utd. This is why I wanted Pogba to play. You completely dominated our midfield. Also meant the out of favour Rashford was bound to get a game and look what he did. Made Trent completely shit his pants.

Zoo

feck off Neville, Tyler, Lovren and Scousers! Great win.

Ban

Brilliant win. Thought that was the most Mourinhoesque I've seen the side to date in a big game and I mean that as a compliment.. played when we needed to, shut up shop really well and even in second half we had some chances to score on counter.

Only concern is Sanchez.. he looks a yard short of pace and I hope it's not fitness related.
He'll be great after a proper rest and a preseason.

Ban

Deserved win by Utd. This is why I wanted Pogba to play. You completely dominated our midfield. Also meant the out of favour Rashford was bound to get a game and look what he did. Made Trent completely shit his pants.
Hats of for not hiding. :D

Deleted member 101472

Gutted with the first half performance, that’s where we lost the game. Gave ourselves too much to do against a very good side.

United defended brilliantly in open play but had a few dodgy moments from set pieces. We need to replace Lovren because games like these expose how useless he can be. Lukaku bullied him. Young was fantastic against Salah who had a disappointing day and McTominay quietly had a very effective game.

Great atmosphere, fair result.
Nice analysis but :lol: COME ON UTD :devil:

BigdaftGorby

I'm waiting to see what the negative nellies on this forum will write about that match.
They'll probably want Jose sacked!
We’ve just won, try celebrating rather than trying to be a poor WUM

Kostur

海尔的老板
Listening to this stupid sour feck Souness for the last couple of minutes when we were constantly stopping the play was joyful.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Wasn't that fantastic?!

Rashford & Bailly :drool:

Go home, Klopp :lol:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Rashford's first goal btw, was World Class.
A goal like that in the CL Final wouldn't look out of place.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Get in! Analaysis can come after the euphoria fades.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Should have been comfortable, ended up being anything but. Should have been 3-0 up. Feels like I had two birthdays in that final 30 (+6) minutes.

Don't care though. We've beaten them uglier than that before. A lot of pressure but not really any clear chances for them. A few Firmino pot shots straight down the middle. A freak own goal was the only reason they were still in it.

We shouldn't be squandering 2nd place now.

SER19

2-1 v pool, local player with a brace. The post Mortem can wait!!! Suck it lovren and the band of gegenpressing cnuts

DeGea

To those of you who constantly moan about Jose’s playing style, remember this feeling today of how good it feels to win.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
My MOTM went to Young. Yes Rashford won us the match but in the crucial, tense, agonising moments Young’s experience supported the whole team. Absolutely brilliant performance from him today.

Krits

Didn't get to see the entire first half, but fecking loving it. Defensively we were great. So well organised. Baily was immense (own goal aside). McTominay also great. Im definitely buying in to his inclusion in to the team. Looking forward to seeing him more.

Sanchez was sloppy, but I don't mind that. He tries things and thats fine. He's still getting to know his team mates and I think he doesn't yet understand exactly what run they will make. I'm confident it will click.

And finally. Take a bow Marcus Rashford. MOTM. Came in to the starting line up after being out for a bit and delivered. Can't ask for more.

All in all a good day.

Brightonian

Thought Sanchez was almost better in the second half. Never quite managed to make any of those breaks stick - losing Rashford as an option hurt him in that sense, since 'releasing' Fellaini just means sending him up the pitch to lose the ball - but his twisting and turning and incredible strength when shielding the ball meant we managed to maintain some kind of outlet when Liverpool were piling on the pressure.

LoneStar

Complete control in the first half, but think we sat too deep in the second half. Despite this, they could only score from an own goal. Job well done by the team and the coach.

Rashford, McTominay (mainly in the first half) and Lukaku (first half again) were very good. Felt Baily was good, despite the feck up. He is clearly our best defender. DDG didn’t have anything to do today. Think we should get second place now. Credit to Jose for shutting down the opposition and one of the most devastating player in the PL this season.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool