PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

Wal2Fra

We did the job in the first half. Liverpool weren't going to score so it took own goal from us. Bailly was immense and I can't blame him really because we were too deep as a team and when your under that much pressure mistakes can happen. The first half was everything I want to see from United. Liverpool need to take the big L with grace because they were tactically outclassed.[/QUOTE]

You seem that happening? I am sure United's defensive masterclass will be somehow turned around. How else do you think they win the moral victory cup every year!

Ban

Every time Liverpool acts all big and mighty, pumped up by the media like they're second coming and god given gift to football they crash to the land hard.

An Irish Red

I've probably been more critical of Rashford than anyone on here has but today he was brilliant. Can't ask for much more than two goals against that lot like.

We didn't have any passengers today really. Numerous players were fantastic. Happy days and all that.

tony54

Im sat in a bar in Rome watching at the end of my weeks holiday. Ive been around the colosseum, the trevi fountain, the vatican, pantheon, st Peters basilica, sistine chapel, spanish steps and countless other amazing sights but this has been the highlight of my holiday so far.
Nice one, A good end to your holiday.

Kapardin

It’s great to beat Liverpool, but Jose Mourinho is absolutely right, it’s just another 3 points. It’s strange, but it feels like we just beat any ordinary PL team, nothing special. Well, except for the fact that the pundits on TV appear to have injured themselves - they are hurting.
Funny feeling that, because even beating Liverpool in a fecking friendly feels glorious for me. Ofc Jose will play it down and say its' another game to calm the players and prevent any pre-match or post-match stress/ill-will. In this modern world of pretentious diplomacy, it doesn't mean anything.

It certainly is more than just 3 points.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
“[Pogba] was injured in the last minute of the last training session before the game. Incredible. If I finished the training session one minute before he would have been OK.”

I would say this was a bad comment, but the way they were congratulating each other…

TheReligion

Abusive
“[Pogba] was injured in the last minute of the last training session before the game. Incredible. If I finished the training session one minute before he would have been OK.”

I would say this was a bad comment, but the way they were congratulating each other…
What you mean?

Mike Schatner

Devil's advocnut
We missed Pogba and Martial today but we played well for the most part even though the second half looked terrible. McTominay was surprisingly good. I can see Mourinho replacing Fellaini with him and just getting in a Carrick replacement. Sanchez yet again had a pretty poor game. He's been awful. He had one chance to release Rashford on his left who was wide open but went for Lukaku who ended up doing nothing with the ball. Sanchez is just not fitting in.
Not sure we watched the same game mate. For starters we barely missed Pogba or Martial. We sat back a little in the second half but we controlled the game. How many clear cut chances did Liverpool create? They only had two attempts on target all game. Disagree with Sanchez as well, he did the job he was asked to do.

Rob67

Klopp blaming the ref. He fits right in with the dippers. #desperate

tony54

Gutted with the first half performance, that’s where we lost the game. Gave ourselves too much to do against a very good side.

United defended brilliantly in open play but had a few dodgy moments from set pieces. We need to replace Lovren because games like these expose how useless he can be. Lukaku bullied him. Young was fantastic against Salah who had a disappointing day and McTominay quietly had a very effective game.

Great atmosphere, fair result.
And, It was Lovren that tried to break Mactomlay's neck with his elbow later in the game.

Irrational.

Out of the four pen shouts, none of them were penalties.

Souness (surprise surprise) believes one of them were, and its not even the one Klopp thinks.

manunited1919

Funny feeling that, because even beating Liverpool in a fecking friendly feels glorious for me. Ofc Jose will play it down and say its' another game to calm the players and prevent any pre-match or post-match stress/ill-will. In this modern world of pretentious diplomacy, it doesn't mean anything.

It certainly is more than just 3 points.
Yes, it does feel good. But the media has made out too much about Liverpool. They are good in attack, but mainly a hyped up team, not a great team. In that sense it’s just 3 points.

SER19

Yes, easily.
Sorry for the petty quote, but this was claiming how we would be easily over run by can and Milner.

This and the young outrage (who absolutely took salah out of the game), just seems so unnecessarily pessimistic I wonder why bother? Easy to say so now but on what planet would can and Milner ever ‘easily over run’ us today.

Kapardin

Yes, it does feel good. But the media has made out too much about Liverpool. They are good in attack, but mainly a hyped up team, not a great team. In that sense it’s just 3 points.
To be fair, the rivalry is not merely about which club has the better team at the moment. Liverpool would be a huge rival for us even if they were playing in the Championship and vice-versa, NQAT.

The_Order

Not enough can be said about Sanchez ' spartan-like performance in the second half.

AlwaysRed66

Good performance today, though went very defensive in 2nd half, but lucky we held on. Even more impressive, as we were playing with only ten men, which it certainly felt like as Sanchez was awful again. Doesn't seem to matter who we put out or way he plays, he still seems to be one of the worst players on the pitch every game. Should have been subbed instead of Rashford.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Mourinho's just nailed it in his post match interview.

We were the better team in the first half, they were in the second half, but we used our time on top to score and they couldn't. In the second half they controlled possession but we largely controlled the actual game. DDG had no saves to make.

EyeInTheSky

Don't deserve 2nd place ? Bizarre thing to say.
no, its true. I have nothing but rhetoric and moronic hypocrisy to back up what I am saying but its true none the less

are you saying I can't have an opinion? Why are you oppressing me? Just because we have been ahead of them 100% of the season and sometimes by 5-6 places does not mean we deserve to be where we are.Your nothing but a Mourinho fanboi.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Great result. I wish Pogba had been available I think he'd have made a difference.

How many "worst United ever" have they played in that time too whilst having heir own modern day golden generation?
Not sure Pogba would have made a good difference. Those lads worked their socks off. This is a game that needed that.

Rob67

Sourness claiming 2 stonewall penalties for Liverpool + 2 50/50s. What a total bellend.

Xcited

Rashford was brilliant. Lukaku had a terrific game too, thought his link up play was immense at times. Won some really key balls. Defensive performance was excellent too. Deadly on the counter, playing with intent. Moving forward very quickly, think this is Mourinho's ideal architectural game which he aspires for every game. Obviously wasn't perfect, but it was wonderful today.

Spoony

The People's President
no, its true. I have nothing but rhetoric and moronic hypocrisy to back up what I am saying but its true none the less

are you saying I can't have an opinion? Why are you oppressing me? Just because we have been ahead of them 100% of the season and sometimes by 5-6 places does not mean we deserve to be where we are.Your nothing but a Mourinho fanboi.

:lol:

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool