PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

Irrational.

Loved Jose's post-match interview, saying he couldn't give a shit, whilst knobheads like Souness and Klopp are left seething. :lol:

manunited1919

To be fair, the rivalry is not merely about which club has the better team at the moment. Liverpool would be a huge rival for us even if they were playing in the Championship and vice-versa, NQAT.
I know. But I think the rivalry has become much more important for Liverpool fans. They can have a terrible season, but if they beat us, it’s like they won the Champions League. For me as a United fan, a good season is defined by the silverware we win, not by beating Liverpool. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in Manchester, I am sure the rivalry is much more intense if you live there.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Good performance today, though went very defensive in 2nd half, but lucky we held on. Even more impressive, as we were playing with only ten men, which it certainly felt like as Sanchez was awful again. Doesn't seem to matter who we put out or way he plays, he still seems to be one of the worst players on the pitch every game. Should have been subbed instead of Rashford.
We had control, even in the 2nd half. They had chances, but not on target. DDG probably couldn't believe how little he had to do. Sanchez worked hard and that was what was needed. I am perfectly ready to wait for him to perform next season.

Foxbatt

I could not see the match but heard that Fellaini came on and Klopp saying that a penalty should have been awarded against Fellaini. How did Fellaini do?

R'hllor

TS having a go also, i can see CAF`s wave coming towards him too.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry for the petty quote, but this was claiming how we would be easily over run by can and Milner.

This and the young outrage (who absolutely took salah out of the game), just seems so unnecessarily pessimistic I wonder why bother? Easy to say so now but on what planet would can and Milner ever ‘easily over run’ us today.
So we didn't get over run in midfield today?

SER19

We were lucky the referee was cool and not like many other liver bellied refs in the premiership.
That’s fair, if the point is that many refs are so bad they could have made the wrong call then yes it could have been a penalty, but for me even ain the midst of the tension fellaini just got his body across him. Never a penalty

simplyared

Great result!
Mourinho the magician!
Mourinho the tactition!
Young man of the match for me. He's our LB. Just got himself into the England squad!
Bailly is a warrior!
Rashford showed his attacking skills today. Fantastic turn of pace and finishing qualities and not the least he showed confidence in himself. Just get the impression Jose's putting too much responsibility on his shoulders regarding his defensive duties. He was a bit rash in his tackles today, overenthusiastic, and trying to do too much defensively. Was yellow-carded early on in the game which put him at risk for a red. Jose did right to replace him when he did. He shouldn't be putting himself in that position!
Great performance allround!
Suddenly the CL has become very interesting. We could go far imo!

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nothing better than beating those horrible scouse bastards. Especially when they thought it was in the bag. Get fecked.

haram

Who's got the tweet of Salah missing on the milk carton :lol:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
That game was a slap in the face for the Jose criticisers really (and Ive been one at times).

Set up perfectly to capitalise on Liverpool's weaknesses, players did what they were supposed to and it worked. Made all the pre match talk loook a bit silly. Second half when the players were struggling and panicking he made changes that brooughht a level of control back over the game. If he hadn't have brought Fellaini on when he did, we would have been mmuch less likely to win. Didn't get why Rashford came off instead of Mata but that was about it.

Rashford has looked back to his best the last two games. Running at people, doing things quickly. None of the trying to beat people while standing still and strut around on the ball like Ronaldo nonsense. The first goal was brilliant. I know the defending was poor but it's about having the ruthlessness to take advantage of it. Every defender makes mistakes if you're there to take advantage of them.

Matic has looked good again the last few games. Mctominay surprised me today as I was worried about him in a midfield two and with Liverpool's pressing. Did he give the ball away at all? Also made quite a few important interceptions and tracked runs really well. I was actually getting him and Matic confused a few times.

All in all, cut out the panicking and it was a really good performance. The panicking turned what coould have been a comfortable win into a struggle, but seeing as we were supposed to get trounced in this game, I'll happily take that.

Kapardin

I know. But I think the rivalry has become much more important for Liverpool fans. They can have a terrible season, but if they beat us, it’s like they won the Champions League. For me as a United fan, a good season is defined by the silverware we win, not by beating Liverpool. Maybe it’s because I don’t live in Manchester, I am sure the rivalry is much more intense if you live there.
I don't live in Manchester either.:lol:

I think the best thing about the United/Liverpool rivalry is that it has become a global phenomenon, that fans outside of Manchester can completely relate to. This is unlike other derbies like Liverpool-Everton, Spurs-Arsenal or Barca-Espanyol that probably only local fans can really appreciate more.

But ok, whatever suits you, we are all happy today and that's what matters.

Foxbatt

:lol:

Jesus Christ.
It would be interesting for the commentators to have David DeGea, Jesus Navas, Victor Mosses and Mohamed Salah in the same team. Any Josephs playing? Or any Abrahams?

Andy_Cole

My first baby was born yesterday. So I didn’t go to the game, watched at the hospital (costing £15!!!) holding him. Considering naming him Marcus!

What an amazing weekend! Hopefully the guy I gave the ticket to bought me a program as a souvenir for the baby.

DavelinaJolie

Ha. Class, two route one goals from De Gea to Lukaku. Worried about the midfield? Just bypass them.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Great first half. Mourinho like second half.

We beat Liverpool with 2 of our top stars injured and sidelined. Not a bad acheivment I would say.

Feel bad for De Gea how Bailly took his clean sheer, but stuff happends.

SER19

It would be interesting for the commentators to have David DeGea, Jesus Navas, Victor Mosses and Mohamed Salah in the same team. Any Josephs playing? Or any Abrahams?
Tammy Abraham. Abel Hernandez.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
My first baby was born yesterday. So I didn’t go to the game, watched at the hospital (costing £15!!!) holding him. Considering naming him Marcus!

What an amazing weekend! Hopefully the guy I gave the ticket to bought me a program as a souvenir for the baby.
Congratulations.:D

SER19

Congrats. Alex is the name you’re looking for

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool