PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

Nikelesh Reddy

That was just brilliant really,we were terrific in the first half!Every single player gave absolutely everything,they really implemented Mourinhos tactics to the T.We continued to defend well in the 2nd half but we couldn't really make the transition from the back to the front,we couldn't really hit them on the break and we gave the ball away far too many times.But all in all it was a very competent performance....Rock solid at the back,dominant in the middle and lively up top,can't ask for anything more than that.Theres nothing better than beating the dippers and we sent them back to the drawing board again!Well done lads,GGMU!!!

Spirit of Solskjaer

Theme song for today :drool:

Can't be bothered reading every message, but I'm sure it has been pointed out that Jose's record against the top six is actually quite good this season, despite all the moaning earlier. We've got wins against Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea. With a game against City still to come. Bring em the feck on I say :cool:

Canagel

United need to stop shooting themselves on the foot in these big games. Lukaku's clearances vs City, Jones' own goal vs Spurs and today Bailly.

Can't gift goals to these teams but happy you guys got the 3 points.
Unfortunately it will happen from time to time due to our style of play which invites pressure. Mistakes like this will happen. Jose has the team well drilled as a unit but he can't account for any individual lapses of concentration. It requires extremely high levels of concentration. The mistakes you mentioned aren't a coincidence. All of those goals came as a result of sustained pressure from the other team. We need to work on pushing up the field more in these situations because even Jose mentioned the 2nd half today wasn't how we wanted it to be.

Fully Fledged

Amazing result. An epic performance from our players. It was obvious that they would come back into it but we handled it well.
Thought that Bailey kept his head well after his mistake and Fellaini controlled the corners when he came on.

beingshe7don

Not sure we watched the same game mate. For starters we barely missed Pogba or Martial. We sat back a little in the second half but we controlled the game. How many clear cut chances did Liverpool create? They only had two attempts on target all game. Disagree with Sanchez as well, he did the job he was asked to do.
When I said we missed Pogba and Martial, I actually meant that they were two of our important players that should have started and if Liverpool had turned up, we would have been in trouble. As for Sanchez, I'm not going to be blinded by the win, he didn't offer anything to be earning 350k per week. Mata offered more in attack than Sanchez did the entire game.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
When I said we missed Pogba and Martial, I actually meant that they were two of our important players that should have started and if Liverpool had turned up, we would have been in trouble. As for Sanchez, I'm not going to be blinded by the win, he didn't offer anything to be earning 350k per week. Mata offered more in attack than Sanchez did the entire game.
So you are writing Sanchez off? We play a completely different style to Arsenal and he does have to get used to it. Also it is rumoured he is not as fit as he should be, so is that him or Arsenal? A good pre-season the scorching USA will do him good.

Irrational.

We limited the "bestest attacking team in the league" to two shots on target today, the same as us.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it, Jurgen. :cool:

Jacko21

We limited the "bestest attacking team in the league" to two shots on target today, the same as us.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it, Jurgen. :cool:
And yet I was still bricking it in the second half!

Brilliant result. The making of this team will be if we can put in a completely balanced performance for 90 minutes.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Brilliant performance from everyone. Played better than them in the first half and played better than them in the second in a different way.

Standouts for me were Rashford, Mctominay and Young. Bailley too if it wasn’t for his mistake.

Funny to see Carragher setting Sourness straight after the game.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I'm feeling embarrassed about him while listening to Klopp, poor heavy metal drummer lost his sticks…

yo@Kirk

I think Rashford and Mata made huge contributions defensively today. Imagine if Pogba and Martial played with that level of passion and energy.

NotATroll

even Jose mentioned the 2nd half today wasn't how we wanted it to be.
He didn't say he minded he minded us being that deep, just that it wasn't the plan but rather that Liverpool pushed us into that position. I see nothing wrong with being deep and even the error is not so bad because we were 2-0 at the time. It's conceding early on as against Spurs that really screws with a defensive performance.

Android1974

I think Rashford and Mata made huge contributions defensively today. Imagine if Pogba and Martial played with that level of passion and energy.
I'm surprised Mourinho trust Mata so much for closing the wing, more than he trusts Lingard, for sure.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
United need to stop shooting themselves on the foot in these big games. Lukaku's clearances vs City, Jones' own goal vs Spurs and today Bailly.

Can't gift goals to these teams but happy you guys got the 3 points.
I would’ve liked us to continue how we were in the first. We visibly stopped going for some passes even if they were on then shut up shop, but still don’t think we were parking the bus. I’m not complaining though because it worked and the team played excellently, doing exactly what was needed other than the Bailley mistake.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Good win. Not a good second half though. We are going to have to learn how to play at a high level for longer if we are going to compete for trophies.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
We are first in 2018 with games like Everton, Burnley, Spurs, Newcastle away from home. And City and Pool at home.

United 21
Liverpool 19
Spurs 18
City 17

Android1974

Mourinho's “the minutes you want” story about Fellaini's professionalism in the end of the post-match press conference sure makes you think about Pogba's sudden illnesses/injuries.

UnitedForever123

Great result. We weren't as good in the 2nd half but still got the win over them but to be honest you would expect De Gea would need to pull off a worldie in a game like this, he wasn't even troubled today.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Im sat in a bar in Rome watching at the end of my weeks holiday. Ive been around the colosseum, the trevi fountain, the vatican, pantheon, st Peters basilica, sistine chapel, spanish steps and countless other amazing sights but this has been the highlight of my holiday so far.
Same here only in Spain

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Out of the four pen shouts, none of them were penalties.

Souness (surprise surprise) believes one of them were, and its not even the one Klopp thinks.
My heart bleeds for Souness poor man. This one will have hurt

beingshe7don

So you are writing Sanchez off? We play a completely different style to Arsenal and he does have to get used to it. Also it is rumoured he is not as fit as he should be, so is that him or Arsenal? A good pre-season the scorching USA will do him good.
All I am saying is that if he isn't performing, you bench him and actually play other deserving players ahead of him. He cuts in so much that he takes up the position that Pogba usually takes up. So far all he's offered is tracking back. His influence has been pretty low since joining United. I rather have gotten someone to sort out our RW. It has nothing to do with having a good pre-season. He just doesn't fit in the United style of play. He had no influence on the Spurs game, Chelsea game or the Liverpool game. Some big game player.

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
To be honest, Liverpool didn't do anything to deserve the goal or did anything after the goal. One of the most comfortable games for DDG in big games. Nervy cuz of corners, but they didn't get any clear cut chance in 90 mins.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool