PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
That was agonizing, I had a two hour meeting starting at two, watched the first half on TV and listened the second half on the radio, but had to cut off just after the dippers scored. Basically spent two hours hoping we held on for the last few minutes, talk about stringing out the nervousness!

Well done lads, winning is always good, beating the scousers, priceless!!!

Reactions: Akshay

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All I am saying is that if he isn't performing, you bench him and actually play other deserving players ahead of him. He cuts in so much that he takes up the position that Pogba usually takes up. So far all he's offered is tracking back. His influence has been pretty low since joining United. I rather have gotten someone to sort out our RW. It has nothing to do with having a good pre-season. He just doesn't fit in the United style of play. He had no influence on the Spurs game, Chelsea game or the Liverpool game. Some big game player.
Then Pogba has to make sure he puts the performances in himself. If we are use that for Sanchez, then we have to use it for Pogba. Pogba has been awful. Sanchez earns a lot of money, but so does Paul and he cost us a fortune in transfer fees.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Like I said during the game, the Fellaini one was a penalty. You're a fan, but you can still be objective, specially afterwards and we won;) Now stick another lover tag at me.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
The shots graphic really explains a lot, you can see the shots Liverpool had more than us were all outside the box and not dangerous. The most important 5 shots from both teams, ours were the best.

beingshe7don

Then Pogba has to make sure he puts the performances in himself. If we are use that for Sanchez, then we have to use it for Pogba. Pogba has been awful. Sanchez earns a lot of money, but so does Paul and he cost us a fortune in transfer fees.
It's no mere coincidence that Pogba started playing badly since the arrival of Sanchez. And it's not just Pogba, Martial who has been a revelation on the left wing all season gets moved to the right to accommodate Sanchez who hasn't done jack shit to warrant a starting position in the line-up. You may want to agree with me or not but Sanchez coming in has not improved the overall team atmosphere or our team play in any way. Buying him in January has not helped us thus far. He's played 9 games so far and has 1 goal (Penalty which he missed and luckily had a tap in) and 1 assist to show which came against a Championship side.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's no mere coincidence that Pogba started playing badly since the arrival of Sanchez. And it's not just Pogba, Martial who has been a revelation on the left wing all season gets moved to the right to accommodate Sanchez who hasn't done jack shit to warrant a starting position in the line-up. You may want to agree with me or not but Sanchez coming in has not improved the overall team atmosphere or our team play in any way. Buying him in January has not helped us thus far. He's played 9 games so far and has 1 goal (Penalty which he missed and luckily had a tap in) and 1 assist to show which came against a Championship side.
All clubs sign players, so you either knuckle down and make sure you perform or you sulk. I agree about Martial and actually think Sanchez can play on the right. That is down to Jose and he might not be helping either player.

squidoo

If it isn' a coincidence it is only about attitude. Whatever our style of play there is no excuse for the lack of effort by Pogba. One of the laziest players I have ever had the pleasure to watch. A total non team player. Bags of talent but 2 main problems...1, as I've already said he' lazy and 2, I think his abiliy far outweighs his brain. He has got where he is through ability but to be at the top table you need to have a great footballing brain. Watching his positional sense he has none.

Bratt

Like I said during the game, the Fellaini one was a penalty. You're a fan, but you can still be objective, specially afterwards and we won;) Now stick another lover tag at me.
Did you see the replays?
No way was that a penalty in my opinion, Mane clearly tried to construct one by sticking his leg out in an unnatural position. If anything it should be a free kick to Fellaini and/or a retrospective ban for Mane.

prath92

Who was the analyst on sky with souness? Caught a glimpse and looked familiar but couldn’t place it.

beingshe7don

If it isn' a coincidence it is only about attitude. Whatever our style of play there is no excuse for the lack of effort by Pogba. One of the laziest players I have ever had the pleasure to watch. A total non team player. Bags of talent but 2 main problems...1, as I've already said he' lazy and 2, I think his abiliy far outweighs his brain. He has got where he is through ability but to be at the top table you need to have a great footballing brain. Watching his positional sense he has none.
This has nothing to do with Pogba. Pogba is still young and has time to learn. And I'm not saying play Pogba when he's playing badly. My argument is with regards to Sanchez (turns 30 later this year) and does not help the overall team performance. We bought Sanchez because he was the finished product but his performances seem more like he's finished. When we talk about Sanchez, we usually compare him to the likes of Hazard (who on his bad day, still ends up affecting the game and contributing in the attacking sense)

beingshe7don

All clubs sign players, so you either knuckle down and make sure you perform or you sulk. I agree about Martial and actually think Sanchez can play on the right. That is down to Jose and he might not be helping either player.
The point I was trying to make is that it's been 9 games and there's only 1 goal and 1 assist to show and I expect more from a player of his caliber.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I could not see the match but heard that Fellaini came on and Klopp saying that a penalty should have been awarded against Fellaini. How did Fellaini do?
It was never a penalty. If anything it could have been a Utd freekick, but the ref was probably right in just playing on.

Fellaini did well. Played a key part in us starting to get control of the game again, as we'd started to lose that before his introduction. Made important contributions both defensively and going forward.

Nick7

"knows nothing" would be a good one.

TheReligion

Abusive
It wasn't a penalty. Watch it again. They analysed it post match and even Souness and Carragher said no pen.

Mane kicked Fellaini and knocked him over.

Valencia was the only one which could have been given.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
No it really wasn't.

el3mel

Saw it during the game and I can't see any penalty in it at all.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
4 points taken off next seasons Champions Elect, I'll take that ;)

Take city out of the equation and that is Mourhinio at his best. Draw away and win at home against the big teams. Granted not seen enough of it yet but thats the kind of foundation that win's you titles. Pretty much all starting players bar Sanchez were solid 7/10 in my book .

squidoo

This has nothing to do with Pogba. Pogba is still young and has time to learn. And I'm not saying play Pogba when he's playing badly. My argument is with regards to Sanchez (turns 30 later this year) and does not help the overall team performance. We bought Sanchez because he was the finished product but his performances seem more like he's finished. When we talk about Sanchez, we usually compare him to the likes of Hazard (who on his bad day, still ends up affecting the game and contributing in the attacking sense)
What..Pogba has time to learn to put effort in?
Sanchez worked his backside off today in a team not suited to his style. If we're making excuses for players I think it's fair to give Sanchez time to see if we can make it fit...in the meantime he can at least work hard which he is and Pogba most definitely isn't.
Sanchez was out on his feet near the end but still saw him sprinting to get back.

Red Primus

Now that's a player with a clear problem with the manager
What's ultimately great about that video is, apart from the real camaraderie Pogba shares with Mourinho, is that he goes up to Klopp in mid-interview, shakes his hand and flusters Klopp so much that he loses his train of thought and is lost for words. Brilliant.

Last edited:

Robertd0803

Glorious. Simply glorious.

Will have something more sensible to add later but for now great result, absolutley buzzing.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Respects to Mourinho, the only manager that can consistently pull out victories when the whole world thinks you cant.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool