PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

SER19

Absolutely fantastic win. But Fellaini's foul could have been given and things would have been very different.
You mean when mane fouled him? Or at best a tangle of legs?

Dumbat12

Great win. The nerve wracking at the end made it all the sweeter. Scouse cnuts.

fergosaurus

Massive 3 points. Takes a lot of pressure off top four finish so we can concentrate on the cups. Jose got his tactics and subs spot on.

SalfordRed1960

Nice to have both a defensive and offensive plan. Really good. They as usual had no plan B. Thought Mata offered a lot, and didn't even realize Pogba wasn't playing. Some lovely football, some panic moments, but more than anything a desire by the players to win.

Siorac

Let's forget that second half, pretend it never happened. First half was pretty much perfect so only that counts. That's how it works now.

McTominay was great. Sanchez disappointing again. First goal was orgasmic.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Why is Lingard talking to the press, is he Rashford's interpreter?

Borden

Happy with the performance, delighted with the result. Great first half, would've liked to see us continue that in the second and not concede the initiative the way we did, but a solid defensive performance at least.

BTG

I enjoyed that immensely. Got a little nervy, but they never seemed to have the quality in the final third today.

Rashford is such a big game player. He just rises to the occasion.

Shark

@NotShark
We seen off the cnuts. And despite all of their so called attacking talent none of their players could muster a goal against us home and away. How embarrassing for them to fail to score against just a shite team.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Im sat in a bar in Rome watching at the end of my weeks holiday. Ive been around the colosseum, the trevi fountain, the vatican, pantheon, st Peters basilica, sistine chapel, spanish steps and countless other amazing sights but this has been the highlight of my holiday so far.
Congrats mate. I did that same tour 10 years ago, and it's still one of the best memories. And I didn't have the Man Utd result to add at the end of it.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I expected a draw, but I guess this shouldn’t come as a big surprise. We had the possession but you were more clinical and able to absorb our pressure once you took the lead. Shite game all around.

extincti fugax hominum

This is the first match-day thread that i can post but it looks like the incorrigible pessimism in these threads is in full swing again. With Pogba and Martial or not, we will feckin do them and you can quote me on that. Let's widen the gap !
Sorry but i will quote myself. Yesssss!!! We did it!!! Where are the moaners now? :rolleyes:

Nick7

Massive 3 points. Takes a lot of pressure off top four finish so we can concentrate on the cups. Jose got his tactics and subs spot on.
Jesus we're 12 points ahead of Chelsea! :eek:

Remember at Christmas people were convinced they were going to overtake us when we drew a couple in a row.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
8 games left and 6 of them are games we should be winning, maybe 7 because Arsenal don't have much to play for in the league.

Eriku

Christ alive... Chelsea and Liverpool dispatched in quick succession. Surely doubting Jose is out of style for a week or two, now?

Godfather

Absolutely buzzing. Those feckers couldn't even get a shot on target in the second half

Toddler

First period was beautiful, solid defensively and hungry in attack. Second not so much, our ball playing went missing and sloppy passes. But our defense was still iron.

Overall good performance. Top four guaranteed now I guess. Focus to CL!

YEAH!

DeGea

A secret José discovered a long time ago, performances hardly matter when you getting the right result in pro sport.
Spot on. I have always thought that style of play is overrated. It’s great to get everything, but if you had to pick, pick winning at all cost. The feeling is too good.

Last edited by a moderator:

siw2007

Absolutely love beating Liverpool!! Awesome win and Rashford was awesome too, he’s written himself into United folklore today. Coming back from the game my voice is gone.

First half we were really good. Lukaku and Rashford ripped Liverpool apart and we should have been 3 0 up. Second half was difficult to watch but to be fair we defended excellently and losing a goal was a surprise.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Should have been far more comfortable than the final score suggests, that brainfart from Bailly almost proving costly. That moment aside, we completely outplayed them from start to finish. Defensively outstanding, the positional sense of our back 4 +Matif and Mctominay was incredible. Jose clearly showing his worth in this department.

Huge shout out for Lukaku who was brilliant in every way during that first half. The entire team player their role to perfection though, Jose be proud as much as we fans are. Hats off to the lads for this performance.

And the reds go marchin' on on ON!

Ritish

First half was a tactical masterclass from Jose. No shots on target against the most devastating team away from home in the top leagues, speaks volume of the defensive performance the lads put in. Dirty at the end but effective.
The weekend would go well now .:devil:

Reactions: SteveJ

Cloud7

Excellent result. That should be second place locked up there. Lukaku really starting to look the part these last few games.

My biggest worry is Sanchez though. He really hasn’t found his feet yet and in this game could even have been considered a liability. Still you would think he has too much quality to not shine. Hopefully it’s just him getting used to the new team

Dolf

Young and Valencia gave their all, incredible! We dominated them first half.

kerano.

Amazing! Buzzing! Good to see the lads put up a masterclass performance, in absent of Pogba.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool