FA W FA Cup 4th Round

Manchester United 3:2 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 January 2021

kidbob

Luke Shaw is currently the best left back in the World and if Southgate doesn't have him starting for England then he deserves the sack.

If we get a CDM, attacking RB and RW then Liverpool won't be close to us in the coming years.

Pogba has been incredible lately and we need to do what we can to keep him, there's a top class player in there and with more quality around him then we are golden.

Hopefully Rashford and Greenwood can get some momentum now and if Martial can find his form from last season then we have a real chance at the League.

Apparently before today we hadn't beaten a 'big' team this season and unfortunately after today we still haven't.

Robbie Boy

Shearer claims Liverpool played some "glorious stuff and had most of the ball".

Stats:

Man Utd: Possession 55% Shots on target 7 Shots off target 7.

Liverpool: Possession 45% Shots on target 6 Shots off target 5.

Hmmm. All this hyperbole about Liverpool and playing great stuff is dated. They don't look a special side anymore and their football is actually fairly dire.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Really pleased with that. Held our own (more than held our own?) against them without Bruno on the pitch. I thought we had a couple of 10 minutes spells where we were struggling to contain them, and the 2nd goal was super soft, but we found the answers.

Lot of good performances. Shaw is in the best form of his career without a doubt. Mason got the goal he really needed. Rashford looked fresh and menacing. Donny was a little quiet but not concerning - he hasn't played much and needs a run.

Great win. Lets not underplayed it. Weve just knocked the champions out of the cup. The team will take a lot of confidence from this. This could be a special season

macheda14

I couldn't see the match. How did we play? It's great to win and long may it continue.
Far far better than at Anfield. There were a fair few periods that we were the better side, which even though we had better chances at didn’t really happen much at Anfield. Rashford looked very good. Cavani has an amazing chance to make it 4-2 but hits the post. A very good performance.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good game. First United/Liverpool game that was a genuinely good game for ages. Both teams went for it and wanted to win.

3 very good goals. Pogba, Rashford, Greenwood and Shaw in particular were excellent.

That Williams lad was rank. I've never seen him play before. Is he usually that bad? He slid into everything that didn't need to be slid into, and seemed to miss it every time.

edgecutter

I think it's time to call it quits to ian wrights commentary career "cavani was already going down" what a clown.

Lewnited

That feels like a very big win... we've been desperate for a good win against a big team, and we've picked the perfect team to show up against.

redom

Fantastic win, should give the lads a real boost for the coming games. I just really hope we can stamp out some of the real sloppiness that leads to us conceding goals, if we can step it up defensively and just look more solid generally then I'll be beaming.

always_hoping

Delighted with that win especially the manner of it.

A rare good open contest between these two sides and credit to Klopp he picked a strong side and took this game very serious, something he doesn't normally do in the FA Cup.

Liverpool get their first taste of the Brunos impact and what a bit of magic it was.

Offsideagain

What a biased commentary. Jermaine Jenas clearly rooting for Liverpool. Mane tackle was a shocker except according to Jeans. Ian Wright saying it’s no free kick is a laugh the number of cheating he did. We won, they lost. How Pogba got MOM I do not know.

UmbroDays

I'm the first to admit VdB isn't going to be out number 10 or our attacking chalice.

At this stage I don't know what role he will play for us going forward

Spark

Oh my god Ian Wright what are you on about. Absolutely outrageous opinion :lol:

bsCallout

Luke Shaw is currently the best left back in the World and if Southgate doesn't have him starting for England then he deserves the sack.

If we get a CDM, attacking RB and RW then Liverpool won't be close to us in the coming years.

Pogba has been incredible lately and we need to do what we can to keep him, there's a top class player in there and with more quality around him then we are golden.

Hopefully Rashford and Greenwood can get some momentum now and if Martial can find his form from last season then we have a real chance at the League.

Apparently before today we hadn't beaten a 'big' team this season and unfortunately after today we still haven't.
Whilst I agree about Shaw, he made a few horrible errors defensively today.

Josep Dowling

Great win and we fully deserved it as well. Let’s see what Klopp’s excuse will be after the game.

Foxbatt

It's the mental aspect that's important. We never had the belief before. Now we have it. We can go a goal down to Liverpool and still come back and beat them.

Irwin99

Most lethal counter attack in the world, gotta be. There was a period where we really struggled to get the ball but Bruno turned the game our way.

Pogba, Rashford, Shaw all excellent

Deery

Dreary
Best match I’ve watched in a long long time wasn’t a boring minute.

Absolutely brilliant to knock Liverpool out as well..

rooney2009

we played well and confidently
Lose or win..we have become a very good team and now have an identity
Well done boys
So so happy

Slevs

likes to play with penises
There were goals. So I wonder what Klopp will whine about this time
Refereeing probably.
Obviously Rashford should have been sent off for hurting Fabinho's leg with his groin.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 48% of 403 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 389 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw