PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:4 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Thu, 13 May 2021

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really bad performance that is a bit of a concern.

Don’t see the point of us panicking yet though, we have played so much football that I do wonder if fatigue played a part.

Frustratingly Liverpool we’re really good and we did our standard trick of conceding comedy calamitous goal that we occasionally do (arguably twice).

I do wonder if a controlling midfielder would be a brilliant cog for this side.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Maguire's lack of presence in the back four impacted the result in a big way. He's very clearly undervalued on here.

Bailly is reckless and Lindelof isn't nearly brave enough to be a PL central defender.

MrBest

Dreadful performance, tactically set up wrong, why on earth do we persist with putting Rashford on the right, he is ineffective. McFred is a terrible combo which cost us. I dont get why people are hounding on Hendo. Im not bothered about losing but im annoyed that we gifted Liverpool Champions League football. Leicester need to play Chelsea, that opens it up for Iiverpool to overtake one of them.

Okey

Desperately sad. To think we may just have helped Liverpool get a champions league place hurts like hell. Sweet run in they have. Anyway, I won't get too down. Win the Europa league and we've had a good season. Strengthen and go again.

Gopher Brown

Fred and McTominay were shown up for the extremely limited players they are. We will not reach new levels if these two remain our first choice.

Bailly and Lindelof are a horrible pairing too.

adkb

What the hell was that! How can players make so many mistakes in one game. Liverpool other than putting pressure on us, did nothing. This is all our doing sadly. What were even those goals? How can Man Utd allow pool to score those crappy ass goals at OT??

padzilla

Hipster
Thank feck we brought Matic on... shocking from the coaching staff and the players tonight. Henderson gave the worst goalkeeping performance I have seen since Ben Foster.

SeanyC

Why oh why do we give shit players new contracts, Bailly was awful! Fred has never been good, McTom useless. Bassaka runs up thinking he will cross but pulls up and goes back! Pure bollocks

Betson

Despite their retched season, Liverpool showed that when push comes to shove they are still a couple of levels above us quality wise even with the makeshift defense they had tonight.

A real reality check for anyone who thinks we are anywhere near been a championship challenging side.

Keane was bright before the match , this squad still needs 5 or 6 quality signings to be considered contenders.

Liverpool will be back to challenge City next season when they get their main men back.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Rashford has to play on the left. He is much better there. Not sure what to do with Pogba now because he gets over run in MF.

Players really did not look that interested tbh. Fred was horrific.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Rubbish. This thing where we dwell on the ball, dribble into traffic and pass to nobody for 70+ minutes is fecking infuriating to watch. Getting outclassed by a better opponent is something you take on the chin but I cannot abide the sight of Fred and McTominay bouncing it off a pressing oppo's shins, Pogba standing still for about three years trying to ease people out of the way with his arse and Rashford and fecking Matic marching towards a row of defenders with the ball rolling off aimlessly in front of them.

Maguire is out but what is the excuse for the horrendous ball control, passing and basic awareness tonight? Absolute dogshit.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
The whole team was garbage but Fred was fecking abysmal! We need to get that position sorted in the transfer window he is simply not good enough.

Roboc7

Maybe we need this, we’re not as close to City as a lot think and without serious investment that’s not changing.

The game emphasised Mcfred aren’t good enough, we need a CB and a RW.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Henderson - terrible

AWB - decent at times
Lindelof - needs upgrading
Bailly - backup but nothing else
Shaw - off day

McTominay - off day
Fred - needs upgrading
Bruno - off day

Rashford - needs competition badly
Cavani - didn’t/couldn’t do much
Pogba - started well, sulked after their goal

Trondivan

Well - Bailly is (prepared to be amazed) as shit at we feared. And the midfield of Mc Fred is also shit. Liverpool is a top team and we are not.

Redfrog

Sh*t game from us.
We clearly need some top quality to add depth as behind first team there is virtually no one on the bench who can do the job.
This guys played 3 games in 8 days after a really long season so I am not that surprised. Pool looked much fresher and pressing all game.
Too bad our heads dropped and we didn’t find the energy to comeback.

pablo__p

Decent performance but lapses and silly decision making cost us. In terms of the season though, pretty much a pointless match. Valencia is all that matters now.

Antonio indeed deserves a nice send off now that he retired.

.Phil1968

At 1-3 I feared another Tottenham like result we were that bad. Giving the ball away time and time again and not learning from it. Should have made changes at half time and our defence shouldn't go to pieces with just one player missing. Disgraceful performance.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Those protests look superb now don't they. Cost us 2 home defeats, and let Liverpool into the top 4.

Brilliant effort lads.
The bigger picture mate. You don't see the bigger picture. Or some bollocks like that.

MonkeysMagic

For all those pointing the finger at Maguire missing, just remember that Liv played with two youngsters in their defence.

For a team 7th in the league to utterly destroy a team sitting 2nd says as much about the respective capability of the two managers as the appalling game management of our team.

I can tell you now that liv will progress further in the CL next year then we will...so much for winning the top 4 trophy!

Someone

Something
Extremely disappointed by some of our decision making tonight. Fred made some horrible passes, and I don't understand why this insistence to dribble from the back against a team pressing that high. Just pure lack of intelligence and experience from our players. I still think we have a good team, and we had some character in us to fight back, but we gifted them this win by our stupidity.

Fooza

Let's face it Liverpool will get CL now, gifted ...wrapped with a red ribbon

Sickening

OmarUnited4ever

All they did was chase every second ball with massive amounts of intensity and desire, and get at our defence, their defenders didn't try to be cute, they just defended hard and cleared everything up the field and the attackers will chase in our half of the pitch..

They wanted it more.

Thankfully we are guaranteed top 4, thankfully.

On to the EL Final, it's a must win now for the team to redeem themselves for this shiiit performance at home against arch rivals who are by all accounts shit this season.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Every one else has given Liverpool a good slap this season, except us. They definitely wanted it more. It doesn't matter what is or isn't at stake in the season, we shouldn't ever turn us as placid as that against a rival.

No urgency. The 2nd string on Tuesday did better. At least they tried. That was supposedly our best team sans Maguire, and they looked unarsed.

Siorac

I hope we can get a draw against Fulham otherwise I'm paying for a steak the second year in a row (assuming we lose against Wolves which is likely).

Halftrack

That was a bit shit. Looked promising at the start, but quickly became apparent that our midfield had no intention of giving us a chance. Fred and McT making a good case for buying a proper DM this summer, because they're both far too limited to be starting for us.

That aside, it's the third game in a week for a lot of the lads, on top of being a dead rubber. Ideally Greenwood should have started in place of Rashford, but it'd have meant his fourth start in a week, and that would be indefensible.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't know what it is but over the past twenty years we have had the opportunity to steam roller teams, send them down, stop them qualifying for Europe and we always open the fekkin door for them.

Make no bones about it, this wasn't prime Brazil 78 in a Liverpool shirt despite what shite Tyler and Neville were coming out with. This is the shittest defending champions in history, fact !!!, Playing two absolute air craft carriers as centre backs and not once do we try and play against their weakness. Rashford, fair play to the lad but he needs more bodies in that squad, because if he plays, good, bad or indifferent, there is nobody better further down the pecking order, he is a starter. A few games on the bench will do him good

Bailly - shocking
Lindelof - Shocking
Pogba - no impact on the game
Henderson - Poor and De Gea would have got two of them
Fred - get down to spec savers lad. Long passing is shite.

A complete shit show from us

MetoTTT

Deserved win for Liverpool. What a terrible performance! Gave them maybe Top 4. Gutted!

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 229 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool