PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:5 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 October 2021

Real Name

It sounds like Liverpool were lucky to scrape a win reading the MBM. And then, if you watched the game, you would come back to planet Earth.
Even this report is about a Utd loss. And that's their problem. From their management to their fanbois, the idea that their team is utter dross cannot be countenanced. Its a hubristic culture that affects everything within the club. The fouling, complaining, the ridiculous fees, the DNA proclamations, the ref arguing, the hubris. I am so fecking glad they were humiliated today by a proper club.
They?

bonothom

How come Ole didn't mention that we kept a clean sheet for half an hour with 10 men and could have won the last 30 minutes when Cavani hit the bar.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Listening to Souness talking so much sense is making my brain hurt even more than the match.
United fans aren't supposed to lose 5-0 to Liverpool then listen to Graeme Souness gloat about it straight after the game.

You're hurting your own brain. Don't hurt your own brain.

Real Name

That's the fear.
But a similar game v City and Chelsea would definitely end the reign.

Although it should already be over.
Yeah. That's the purpose. To see us getting humiliated few more times. Boards logic will be to see out the CL campaign probably..

Ranchero

How the hell can Ronaldo not run towards his defender in a press. It is bollocks to say he cant do that. I mean my brain is exploding.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How the hell can Ronaldo not run towards his defender in a press. It is bollocks to say he cant do that. I mean my brain is exploding.
He can't do it at the rate this team requires. If this was a team more secure in possession, then a bit of pressing is fine, but he can't press like they need now and offer much up front afterwards. It's not what you should bring CR7 for.

Judas

Open to offers
United fans aren't supposed to lose 5-0 to Liverpool then listen to Graeme Souness gloat about it straight after the game.

You're hurting your own brain. Don't hurt your own brain.
He’s not gloating at all, just saying what everyone with sense on here is saying. Speaking really well and fairly to be honest.

Handsome Devil

I get Ole the player, '99 and all that but why are some people on here more protective of his legendary status than our woeful form at the moment? The guy has done a lot of good but everything looks bewildering now.
And yes, I totally condemn over the top insults aimed at him.
It was genuinely sad watching his post match interview but seeing Fergie's expressions were painful too.

Kevzter

He didn't study for his MBE. It's not that kind of MBE.
He's not stealing a living at all. He's been out and is getting back into it.
He also played through pain for big parts of last season to help out United.
He had to take a break at some point, had to have the surgery at some point too. It wouldn't have disappeared on its own, especially without breaks.
Can't really blame him for wanting to take part in the Euros, it was looking like England had a chance at winning the whole thing before the tournament started.

So yeah, let's not start with Rashy. We didn't play well tonight, but the bolded part is just over the top.
I know he wasn't studying for his MBE... I was being sarcastic. Im still studying at university at 41 years of age and an honorary degree given to someone is an insult to those people that put in the hard work to earn those degrees.

Anyway he could have went for his surgery early if he chose to instead of going to Euros and would have been back in time for the pre-season with us....priorities mate.

Fergie tried his utmost to not let players go and play for national teams. That's how ruthless he was with players. Maybe we should now go and sign mother Theresa to play at right wing for us.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Stayed away for a couple of years while this nonsense played out. If the club dont sack him then its over, we are done.

kirk buttercup

I know he wasn't studying for his MBE... I was being sarcastic. Im still studying at university at 41 years of age and an honorary degree given to someone is an insult to those people that put in the hard work to earn those degrees.

Anyway he could have went for his surgery early if he chose to instead of going to Euros and would have been back in time for the pre-season with us....priorities mate.

Fergie tried his utmost to not let players go and play for national teams. That's how ruthless he was with players. Maybe we should now go and sign mother Theresa to play at right wing for us.
She's dead, but still would probably get on the pitch before Donny

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's saying to himself how is those two prats picked ahead of me.

Donny pretty much saying the same about mcfred
And rightly so. Shows that Ole is not flexible enough to be a good manager when he picks the out of form players all the time.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
For once, The Caf is Completely United in opinion and the solution! Wow, I was wondering if I’d ever see it! :lol:
The cafe was completely United after the Leicester game but after a decent second half against Atalanta Ole was back at the wheel again. Watch how the tide turns again if we get a result against Spurs. Ole fc just won't give in without a fight.

Kevzter

How do you know he's out of form cause of his out of football work? It isn't related nor it should be.
It has to be though doesn't it... More time spent away from football and training should count against his form. It's not about his form though... It's about his priorities. Do you see Salah doing that? A player out of form cannot be blamed if he is putting in the work 100%, but if there are other priorities involved, then you have to accept your form.

soralapio

No it fecking isn't.

Signed, a real life doctoral student.

It has to be though doesn't it... More time spent away from football and training should count against his form. It's not about his form though... It's about his priorities.
This is honestly embarrassing and you should stop, because you're looking extremely foolish. Rashford has been one of United's best players for a few years now and has been playing through injuries for long periods of those years, due to bad man management. But sure, it's because he cares too much about non-football. Let's pretend that.

Smudgers

Should never have given him the job in the first . Cardiff City and Molde feck me here you go Ole great CV here’s the biggest club in the world , go feck it up …… so angry it’s unbelievable

Jericho

0-4 at half time, that could have been a lot worse. We were lucky to get out with 0-5 all considered.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
No it fecking isn't.

Signed, a real life doctoral student.

This is honestly embarrassing and you should stop, because you're looking extremely foolish. Rashford has been one of United's best players for a few years now and has been playing through injuries for long periods of those years, due to bad man management. But sure, it's because he cares too much about non-football. Let's pretend that.
It is possible to admire Rashford's achievements on the field and have reservations about off field distraction. But that's hardly the issue tonight.

Danillaco

The worst part is no one is that surprised.
Scholes said it perfectly and people were mad at him. If you have a first half like against Atalanta, with a team like Liverpool you will concede 4 and the game will be done at half time.

Always trust Scholes.

Camilo

I thought it was thoroughly decent of Liverpool to take their foot off the gas in the second half. Nice chaps.

Exmanc

History will repeat itself, Sir Matt was reappointed after his retirement, so Fergie should come back for the rest of the season. I’m afraid that Ole, should never have been a permanent manager.

Ixion

I think the people that bring up Rashford being distracted off the field imagine all our other players go home and read a book for 6 hours and then go to bed every day as it literally never gets brought up for any other player.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I've got nothing to say. Numb watching it. None of it was a surprise.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I thought it was thoroughly decent of Liverpool to take their foot off the gas in the second half. Nice chaps.
klopp was probably bollocking them at half time and saying ffs lads don’t get him sacked, as they will bring in someone that knows what he’s doing.

DSG

The cafe was completely United after the Leicester game but after a decent second half against Atalanta Ole was back at the wheel again. Watch how the tide turns again if we get a result against Spurs. Ole fc just won't give in without a fight.
I am Ole FC and there is only one move after a disaster like that. Sack him. It would be one thing if we’d drawn or won at Leicester. It’d be one thing if we’d lost 1-0 to Liverpool but put in a good performance. But that was a team that was afraid to lose, not excited to win. Maguire needs to sit out for a few weeks. Ole’s naive set up with a constant 3v2 in midfield was horrible. At 2-0, you remove Mason, bring on Pogba and shift to a 4-4-2.

Real Name

It has to be though doesn't it... More time spent away from football and training should count against his form. It's not about his form though... It's about his priorities. Do you see Salah doing that? A player out of form cannot be blamed if he is putting in the work 100%, but if there are other priorities involved, then you have to accept your form.
You have to make a difference between training and work outside football. I don't see Salah doing it, Salah is probably doing some other things out of football we don't know about and it's not related to his football. Rashfords poor game doesn't have anything with his work outside football..

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool