g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:5 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 October 2021

BigRon1985

I'm not even angry, just totally numb with shock - worst defeat against Liverpool in 50 years as a United fan.......gutless!

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I thought we’d get beat, but not that bad. When I saw the same starting eleven as the Atalanta game, I thought Ole’s lost the plot. Scholesy was right and we were down 4 at half-time. Pogba then gets himself sent off. As bad a day as I can remember and sadly we’ll be looking for another manager this week. We’re fast becoming a joke.

Enigma_87

You know who
Such a clever post. Blame the Americans. Give it a rest dude.
Just saying the rivalry is alien to them IMO. They care about money and as seen in the last almost three years not much about performance on the pitch.

soralapio

For a team that calls themselves "the reds", Liverpool sure as hell didn't get any. Bunch of pretenders, IMO.

Honestly at this point I have very little faith in things improving any time soon. I very much doubt the Glazers will sack Ole. They'll wait until fourth is mathematically impossible and then MAYBE do it. We'll get the same "this is unacceptable, we are sorry, we will bounce back" social media posts from the players, the same "bad day at the office, looking for a reaction, have to focus on the next game now" comments from Ole. Maybe win the next game, pretend everything is fine again, and the rollercoaster will continue.

Lack of effort.

Just wandering around the pitch on a Sunday afternoon before going home for tea with the family and then off to work on Monday.

I just can't believe the basic lack of effort.
Absolutely, Ole and the coaches will get their fair kicking after this but the players were a fecking disgrace.

MrSingh2002

Ole kept talking about being compact. Clearly he told Shaw to play narrow today.

We left Salah and Trent free all game. It's not actually Shaws fault that he was out of position for 4 goals. He has to do what the manager tells him to do.

Goodbye Ole. Thank you for the service.

Let's GO under Conte.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I've never been too down after a loss. This time though, I can't sign off the Caf and I won't be able to sleep tonight :(

I'm worried Ole won't resign or get the sack. You never know with the people running us...

Unlucky today
:lol: FFS

crossy1686

career ending
I used to hate not being in the country when United won big games or trophies. Now I’m super fecking happy I live abroad, I can fully escape the football if I want to

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Completely expected. I predicted 6-0, wasnt far off.
We have been losing/drawing or pulling out fluke wins against poor teams MISSING key players.
Once we came up against a good team we were going to get exposed horribly.
My thoughts exactly.
My prediction was 4-1.

MUFC60

Considered Liverpool took the pedal of the gas after Salah made it 5-0 after 50 minutes, That my be the worse performance by a United team I have ever seen and I have been supported United for almost 60 years. School boy defending, atrocious shooting accuracy, given the ball away all over the pitch. The started the game nervously waiting for Liverpool to punish them and it never got better.
Canuckred 64 I feel the same way, I've also supported the Reds for nearly 60 years and I'm now at the stage of not bothering to watch any more till they get rid of Ole , and get a half decent (at least) midfield in. Pathetic today. Ole out, Pogba out, Fred out, and that's just for starters.

crossy1686

career ending
I've never been too down after a loss. This time though, I can't sign off the Caf and I won't be able to sleep tonight :(

I'm worried Ole won't resign or get the sack. You never know with the people running us...

I’ll save you the suspense.
They’ll be no knee jerk reaction made by anyone today or tomorrow. We’ll know more by next weekend

OrcaFat

Ole kept talking about being compact. Clearly he told Shaw to play narrow today.

We left Salah and Trent free all game. It's not actually Shaws fault that he was out of position for 4 goals. He has to do what the manager tells him to do.

Goodbye Ole. Thank you for the service.

Let's GO under Conte.
I couldn’t imagine wanting Conte but now I think we have the majority of players that he would need to get us winning. He won’t stick around of course and some of the football may lack imagination but we won’t lose any games 5-0.

Ixion

Remember at the start of the season when a thread on here genuinely was asking if we had the best attacking options in the history of club football. Our squad isn't nearly as good as people think.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
What ??
He has to go. The bar this season was to challenge for a league title. We are 8 pts from the top 9 games in. City. Chelsea and Pool will not concede many points. Unofficially we are out of the title race. Ole has failed. He needs to go.
You can't be a serious club if you keep the manager after a loss like this. And it's not just one game. This team has played horribly this season. The only good performance was Leeds
Managed to fool 2 out of 3 with the white text. Not bad. :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
I don’t care who the next manager is as long as he tries a new system when the current one isn’t working, that’s the bare minimum I’m at now

HybridMoments

Can anyone imagine Roy Keane stood ballwatching, with fifteen minutes to go, as Liverpool played about 70 unchallenged passes amongst themselves in midfield?!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I’ll save you the suspense.
They’ll be no knee jerk reaction made by anyone today or tomorrow. We’ll know more by next weekend
What are you on about? I'm not saying it's happening now or tomorrow morning. I just know there's a possibility he won't get the sack, and that's worrying.

Ranchero

Maguire's comments are pitiful
More or less admitted he doesn't want to be talking. Cliche-ridden twaddle

atkar83

With Rashford and Greenwood seemingly locked in at the wing attack positions, and already a difficulty fitting Bruno and Pogba into the same team before Ronaldo even arrived, what was the point of spending so much money on Sancho? They knew from the start they needed a proper cdm/cm player and they didn't address it at all. That's on Ole. He hoped we would out score our midfield issues and he was dead wrong.

Making things worse we didn't cash in on Lingard who can't make the team anyway, and we kept VdB here because reasons. Oh and we extended players like Mata and Bailey because our roster isn't big enough.

Yes Ole righted the ship some, but he also hasn't helped the imbalance that's been here since 2012.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Remember at the start of the season when a thread on here genuinely was asking if we had the best attacking options in the history of club football. Our squad isn't nearly as good as people think.
We have some superb talent.
Don't get sucked into thinking it's the player quality, this is totally on the coaching and set up.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

"unlucky today"

At least some one has a sense of humour. I understand the bolded bit. Waiting for OGS to say he is going.

largelyworried

Lack of effort.

Just wandering around the pitch on a Sunday afternoon before going home for tea with the family and then off to work on Monday.

I just can't believe the basic lack of effort.
Failing teams always look like that. Then the new manager arrives and the picture changes. I don’t believe they don’t care, I just think they don’t know what they’re supposed to do.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool