g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:5 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 October 2021

Lyng

Today was about as clear of an answer to the question "how important is the manager" as you can get.

Devil may care

Just atrocious and embarrassing, there's no point going to each individual player performance thread because we failed as a team who didn't look like they'd been given a gameplan, this has to be the final straw or we are going to piss away the whole season.

Sviken

Neville saying this was coming and we got obliterated, we don't run as hard as other teams and has no idea what kind of defensive instructions the team have been getting
Neville is a fecking joke. I'd never want to hear this guy talk about Manchester United and his mates again. So biased.

Bertie 2 Hats

My weekend is in tatters.. Cheers for that Ole & the boys.. The shame you have brought to the front door of our club is unbearable right now.

steffyr2

It's amazing the things the team can't or doesn't do
- crosses go as far as the first defender
- corners go to the other team
- no overlaps
- no fast breaks
- no through balls
- no defense
I actually think the other teams have calculated how far Bruno's 'crosses' will go and placed a defender there. Either that or he's purposely kicking to the other team (unlikely).
Rashford and Greenwood have probably been trained to go on their own by this time, no team support.
Who knows what the defense is doing. I saw them in a 4 back formation 3 times, 2 of them were at the start of the halves.

They cared enough to sack Jose after he got hammered against City and Moyes after he got hammered against Liverpool.

No way Ole keeps his job after this. It's inconceivable.

Right? :nervous:
Moyes got fired when it became impossible to make top 4. Not after getting battered by Liverpool.

Can't even remember Jose' last game, i've pretty much blocked his last year out of my memory.

Whatsername

Nothing that we didn’t expect.
Just leaving the car park, we’ve stopped and sung to the end. Singing about the club, nothing at all about the current players or manager.
It was a car crash from start to finish.

Houdini

We was buying star players for years instead of building a team.

Djemba-Djemba

Tactically naive and poor team destroyed by a team that simply knows what they're doing.
Scary to think this is the first genuinely good team we've played this season too.

Leicester look like they're coming back into form but they were having a bad season before they battered us.

The Bloody-Nine

Neville saying this was coming and we got obliterated, we don't run as hard as other teams and has no idea what kind of defensive instructions the team have been getting
But he needs more time, right? Neville is embarrassing.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Pundits on Sky are dumbfounded trying to understand our off-the-ball behaviour

I've honestly never seen anything like it. Some players randomly press for a laugh while others don't. Shambles.

YouknowNani

Embarrassing. Liverpool weren't even very good. Our defence and midfield was just wide open, it was so easy for Liverpool. They took their foot off the gas out of pity when we went down to 10 men.

This club is going nowhere with Maguire in the team and with the current coaching set up.

lex talionis

Cowardly decisions led to this result. Watching the goals again, it’s clear as day Maguire isn’t anywhere close to being fit. And starting McFred again…unbelievable.

Ixion

Neville saying Ronaldo doesn't press but is surrounded by Rashford, Greenwood and Pogba who don't press at all whereas when he was first here he didn't press but had Rooney, Tevez and Park around him and you'll never find 3 hardworking players.

siw2007

Worst day at Old Trafford in my life. Absolutely heartbroken. All I can ask is that Ole does the honourable thing and resigns. It’s over.

wolvored

Neville is a fecking joke. I'd never want to hear this guy talk about Manchester United and his mates again. So biased.
Hear Hear. Biggest hypocrite out. Sacks Salford managers like shelling peas, yet were supposed to keep the dross for years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ole looked close to tears walking off.

He looked like a man who knew he was leaving Old Trafford for the last time.
He should. He humiliated himself, his former manager and this very club. The best thing he can do is to resign. Carrick and Mckenna should follow.

OrcaFat

Cowardly decisions led to this result. Watching the goals again, it’s clear as day Maguire isn’t anywhere close to being fit. And starting McFred again…unbelievable.
Cowardly got feck all to do with it. He did the best he could with the players he had. At this point I admit that most managers could do better but no reason why you have to insult the guy with shit like that.

Stig

Lack of effort.

Just wandering around the pitch on a Sunday afternoon before going home for tea with the family and then off to work on Monday.

I just can't believe the basic lack of effort.

Josep Dowling

They cared enough to sack Jose after he got hammered against City and Moyes after he got hammered against Liverpool.

No way Ole keeps his job after this. It's inconceivable.

Right? :nervous:
Jose got sacked after the Liverpool game. Moyes got sacked after the Everton game and it was mathematically impossible to make top 4.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool