PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:5 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 24 October 2021

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honestly mate, it looked to me like Liverpool simply took their foot off the gas, perhaps with their midweek CL game in mind.
Either way I was happy we kept the scale of the smashing on the big side, not absolutely insane!

And one defeat is only one defeat whether it's 1-0 or 77-0.

However, we all know under Ole more defeats are imminent.

Canuckred64

Considered Liverpool took the pedal of the gas after Salah made it 5-0 after 50 minutes, That my be the worse performance by a United team I have ever seen and I have been supported United for almost 60 years. School boy defending, atrocious shooting accuracy, given the ball away all over the pitch. The started the game nervously waiting for Liverpool to punish them and it never got better.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Not good enough.

Time to dust ourselves down and go again.

Ole has got 6 days to figure out a plan to turn this around against Spurs.

Only joking. Ole's gone.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Not surprised with the defeat, I predicted 0-3 so worse and more embarrassing than I expected.

Regardless of manager, the players should be able to lift themselves against a big rival at home. Instead those players allowed Liverpool stroll to one of their easiest wins in this fixture. Liverpool to their credit are one of the top sides in Europe but how hard did they have to work for any of their 5 goals today?
Its very symbolic of our season that we miss a big chance before Liverpool gets 1-0.

I'm just gutted. The team let everyone down.

Mr.Kaya

Just leaving the game. Most people in the Stretford end singing till the end but no one applauded Ole into the tunnel. Most people saying this is the worst they have ever seen a United team play. Ole has to get fired it's a simple as that. One of the worst performances of our worst performances ever
He obviously doesnt deserve any form of applaud after that performance, he deserved boo'ing to be fair. Should've rather apologised to the fans that stayed til the end.

Varane around town

Ole looked close to tears walking off.

He looked like a man who knew he was leaving Old Trafford for the last time.

Right, I'm going to start with Liverpool. They were superb; I don't recall a more dominant away performance than that in my forty years as a fan. Top team with a world class manager; Salah is a special player. They will remember today forever. It hurts to praise your fiercest rivals, but facts are facts.

From our point of view, it was total humiliation and disgrace. I'm actually thankful the scousers took it easy from 0-5, preferring to just keep the ball and conserve energy. It was appalling, truly dreadful and unacceptable. Ole, you always be loved at united, but it's over; either he is sacked first thing tomorrow or Ole makes the decision himself and walks. There is no coming back from this, it's the end.

The players should be ashamed: £85 million, the fecking captain, for Maguire? Make Bruno or Ronaldo captain immediately. Fred, who is a waste of space. But they were all a disgrace today: no leaders, no organisation, no fight.

A total embarrassment from top to bottom. Massive changes needed! New manager, changes in the team. We are a mess. This must never happen again.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Either way I was happy we kept the scale of the smashing on the big side, not absolutely insane!

And one defeat is only one defeat whether it's 1-0 or 77-0.

However, we all know under Ole more defeats are imminent.
I think he's gone in the morning, personally, whether by the sack or his resignation. I'd love for the latter to happen.

Rustyspider13

All I wanted was not to concede in the second half, but they can't even give me that, utterly pathetic display. Ole should resign. It's clear by now that he and his inexperienced staff can't organize this team. It's been a quarter of a season and there is no improvement at all. You can't change the whole squad but you can change the coaching staff. Just get on with it and rip the band-aid off.

I know Pogba's idiocy compounded to it, but there is no excuse for a game to turn into a training routine for Liverpool at Old Trafford. It looked like they were playing against a team that had been relegated. No United fan should have to suffer through that. I applaud the ones who stayed till the end.

Please play better against Spurs. Please. That's all I can say.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Not good enough.

Only joking. Ole's gone.
White text saved me from an embarrassing rant there. Man have I lost my marbles tonight!

RopersReturn

To be fair the board need to take their share of responsibility for what’s been happening. Ole has been playing fantasy football relying on the abilities of individual players, he was always a care-taker manager at best and the board probably knew this all the while.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Will Ole speak about fine margins at this point?

Dookingham United

Liverpool decided to save their legs for 35 mins of that game for more seroius teams to come.

City will not slow down. They will show no mercy.
Pep will set 5 as the base line target. They will wipe the floor with what remains of the corpse of this once great football club

Micky Targaryen

If I were Liverpool and Klopp, I would’ve just kept the margin by a goal or two, so our inept board will continue to keep Ole and thus keeping us in mediocrity for years to come.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
A caller on Radio 5Live just said to Robbie Savage that we needed someone like him in midfield.
And he doesn't even sound drunk.

Loon

:lol:
Defining result for management, players, and board. Our biggest rivals at home.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think he's gone in the morning, personally, whether by the sack or his resignation. I'd love for the latter to happen.
Mutual consent would be best.

Aside from changing the centre mids each game I'm not sure Ole has a clue what to do here.

At least if a new manager comes in now, he can decide if Van Beek has a role, before he's shipped off.
Work out how we're going to play Ronaldo and wingers, and just try and make much better than what we're doing.

Ixion

Got to stick together! We'll come back stronger!

Can I be a social media manager now.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Right, I'm going to start with Liverpool. They were superb; I don't recall a more dominant away performance than that in my forty years as a fan. Top team with a world class manager; Salah is a special player. They will remember today forever. It hurts to praise your fiercest rivals, but facts are facts.

From our point of view, it was total humiliation and disgrace. I'm actually thankful the scousers took it easy from 0-5, preferring to just keep the ball and conserve energy. It was appalling, truly dreadful and unacceptable. Ole, you always be loved at united, but it's over; either he is sacked first thing tomorrow or Ole makes the decision himself and walks. There is no coming back from this, it's the end.

The players should be ashamed: £85 million, the fecking captain, for Maguire? Make Bruno or Ronaldo captain immediately. Fred, who is a waste of space. But they were all a disgrace today: no leaders, no organisation, no fight.

A total embarrassment from top to bottom. Massive changes needed! New manager, changes in the team. We are a mess. This must never happen again.
Pretty much sums it up.

oreon

Not good enough.

Only joking. Ole's gone.
What ??
He has to go. The bar this season was to challenge for a league title. We are 8 pts from the top 9 games in. City. Chelsea and Pool will not concede many points. Unofficially we are out of the title race. Ole has failed. He needs to go.
You can't be a serious club if you keep the manager after a loss like this. And it's not just one game. This team has played horribly this season. The only good performance was Leeds

Flairandentertainment

Ole in supporters - "oh it was all down to individual errors".

Paul Scholes was exactly right, says something when he could see this coming today but ole couldn't.....
You are spot on - this is exactly what Scholes predicted. Its been a shambles for too long. We were flattered by results last season when we managed to scrape wins by turning up in the second half to come back from behind. The defence is totally disorganised and not protected by the midfield. Fernandes and Pogba dont track back and Ronaldo wont either. We needed a ball winner in midfield who could control a game but instead bought 2 forwards - albeit good ones, but there no team just a bunch of individuals.

MUFC OK

Those "morons" got it right vs PSG, and twice against City. OGS has had a tendancy to do well against top-sides. I think you should look it up, im not doing it for you. That said, OGS time here is over. Hopefully, so is Luke Shaws and Paul Pogba.
Pure guess work but this is the worst football we’ve played since Ole joined.
That performance from Luke shaw was an utter disgrace.

Player Ratings

2.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 424 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Man Utd 1:3 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool