PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 December 2023

Unam333

A very good, valuable point. We defended well and we could have won the game.

I wish we played this compact and focused every mat h.

Bobski

That match flaws and all, shows how Ten Hag has been hurting the team with the dumb one midfielder line up, a bit of pragmatism would have done some good earlier.

90 + 5min

Why haven't we seen this Varane when he played this season? Briliant work.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Thought our back four were solid with Varane my MOTM. Mainoo continues to impress. Would have taken your arm off for a point before the game, but our passing in the final third needs to improve big time.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Gash first half devoid of belief, then belief grew as the game went on. Today luck was on our side.

Captmfla

Great job by the team to hold off Liverpool. In fact, united has better chances in the second half. Another masterstroke by ETH over Klopp after half time.

JagUTD

Genuinely disappointed only to take a point. Liverpool reduced to pot shots for 90 minutes basically.

wolvored

That match flaws and all, shows how Ten Hag has been hurting the team with the dumb one midfielder line up, a bit of pragmatism would have done some good earlier.
Agree, but you know he will revert when Bruno back

MrBest

They turned up, we nullified them, we played to counter, we didn't want the ball too long, varane was a beast, dalot was immense.

Clean sheet away to Liverpool considering how bad we all thought this would have been. I am absolutely delighted. I wanted to see fight, passion and teamwork. A long way to go, half our team is out, I just hope we can actually build on this and get a mini run going.

Varane has to play every single game when available.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
We dragged Liverpool down to our level and they started the game thinking they could win by merely showing up.

Little did they reckon with Ten Hag's mighty Manchester men, like the spartans at the siege at Thermopylae, proudly and bravely fighting against the baying hoarde.

Andersons Dietician

Given where we stand as a team a point at Anfield is a very good result. More so because it seems like the Liverpool forwards must have gone to the Marcus Rashford school of shooting. It’s where you don’t pass and only shoot when there is one or more people standing directly in the path of the ball.

We were dross living off of scraps Mainoo looks like he’s the real deal so that’s a plus. Shaw, Varane and Evans were decent. Dalot was typically Dalot. Poor but then always has one class bit of defending in him.

90 + 5min

If Fernandes only stays in line where he should play. We would be compact and more dangerous.

Castia

Hard thought point

Really low quality on the ball but they battled for 90 minutes and got a well deserved point

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Lets try and build on this. And not like we reacted after the Chelsea win

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Good point. One of the worst games between the two sides I think I've ever seen, mind.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Two Prem games against Bournemouth and Liverpool, we lose 3-0 in one of them and you wouldn't have picked Bournemouth at home would you?

We didn't get battered. They were better but they were shite, we were just not shite enough.

Fine with that point.

JG3001

Even though we weren’t much of threat, If we put the same effort in against the other teams as we did tonight, we’d have won a lot more

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Good point.
Referees should be fined for stupid decisions - fecking petty of him for showing 2 yellows for that.
They need to tweak that stupid dissent rule. What do they want the player to do? Bottle up their anger then take it out on their next tackle?

Wheato

Looked a lot less vulnerable without Bruno playing hollywood passes.

Thought Rasmus was going to smash that chance into the roof of the net.

Kobbie Mainoo was class and he is only 18. He is going to be some player.

DavelinaJolie

Solid point, all credit to the defence and Onana, and Mainoo.

Thought Antony was pretty solid defensively too.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Well firstly my take is quite an emotional one.

Firstly Gary Neville can feck off, and once you have fecked off, go and feck off some more., Zero credit for United containing Liverpool. All we had was bleating from Neville and Carragher about how bad Liverpool were. ZERO credit for how Utd played which limited how Scouse played.

Secondly - ETH grow a set and call out Oliver. As bent as they come. Two yellow's for the same offence. Guess what as soon as Shiny Teeth asked for a reply, Liverpool manage to get MORE than their fair share of 50/50's and dodgy decisions

Thirdly - Well documented our transfer policy and dealings is consistently awful. However reds, take heart that we never paid a single bean for the cult of personality that is Either Gakpo or Nunez. We can argue till doomsday about Mount, Amrabat, Onana but these two are horrendous. The two are the modern false 9 and 10 in every sense of the word.

Fourthly - Can we please stop the revisionism of Trent as the second coming. The reason he has been shipped into midfield is because objectively as top tier 'Right Back' he really isn't all that. Given time on the ball any average joe can make a worldy pass. Offered nothing going forward, out of his depth in possession, had no intelligence under pressure to get a result in the dying ten.

putzmcgee123

No doubt. Swap McT for Bruno and we've actually got ourselves a team, not to mention when Casemiro returns and Amrabat can be dropped.

.Phil1968

I thought we were set up perfectly and with a bit more quality and confidence we put one of our chances away.
Also they've added thousands to their attendance and somehow made it quieter.
Atmosphere my arse.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Great point. We showed little to no ambition to win the game but I'm completely fine with that. Well done to the back five. Mainoo is a star.

RedChisel

Can't deny I'm delighted with that. Don't care about the performance. We got out of that corrupt shit hole with a point and no goals conceded. Now watch every prick move the goal posts and say we should be doing better.

Oranges038

Scott switched it up and got them to play into the kop first half. Genius move in fairness to him.

Vanrouge

Outrageous nonsense from the ref.
When have you ever seen a ref do a double booking like that.

Should understand its 93rd min, huge game, a bad call and he's already booking him.
Agreed. A ludicrous decision. It seemed like even the VAR refs were bewildered by it!

Lyng

Ref tried his best but failed. Everyone expected us to get hammered. Proud of the boys

JagUTD

7 players who came through the ranks involved today as well

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results