PL D FA Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 17 December 2023

Zen

Could of done with Micah Richards to antagonize Keano a bit there... Sturridge just seemed scared of him and had nothing to counter him with really, he's just not very good, I mean Keane was mostly right, but he was just rambling a bit at the end :lol:

cyberman

Pass of the match, a more streetwise attacker would have stepped in front of Trent and taken the contact and launched himself for a pen.

Mainoo was outstanding, especially considering the early yellow. He should be nailed on starter going fwd.
To be fair it could have been slightly straighter, the CB was well back that it wouldn’t have been offside. Let Garnacho run on to it. It’s a great pass for what he attempted but it was the pass that gave Trent the chance to get back

Cantona in disguise

From what I heard, VVD said that it was outside people suggesting we'd get battered and not turned up and Keane's misheard it.

If VVD said what Keane thinks then yeah, spot on but I don't think he said it.

It's still hilarious.
He said united were buzzing with a point. He was being disrespectful.

Red & White

Well done, lads. Solid performance and we should be delighted with taking a point there. Everyone dug in. Everyone was saying it’d be sixes and sevens so if any one of those people now slate the players and manager for setting up like that and being pleased with a clean sheet and a very respectable point, I think you need to decide which one it is.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Inject it :drool:

Muppet. Keane's wiping the floor with him and Sturridge as we speak.

That was one of the worst football games I've ever seen. Liverpool were crap and we literally couldn't keep hold of the ball for longer than five seconds. We defended very bravely to be fair.

feck off you Scouse bastards.

Chumpsbechumps

This was probably the most satisfying result in a long time.

Pools new capacity, they can go too of the league and pull away from city, Uniteds form is miserable, uniteds injuries unreal and everyone expects anything below a 3-0 defeat to be kind of not so bad…

Given where we are, I don’t get how any United fan couldn’t take satisfaction from that, unless they wanted us to lose.

Winrar

First away team to earn points at Anfield this season
First away team to keep a clean sheet at Anfield since January

Finally a positive record/streak broken for once.

DavelinaJolie

Did I miss something when Antony passed the ball to Rashford, was there a reason he couldn't just put it into Hojlund's pass.

RVN1991

Good result and respectable performance. Really more than any of us thought we'd get after last week.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Said he did not like the arrogance of Virgil van Dijk's interview in dismissing Utd as a club , when he said the Utd players would be buzzing with a point.

Keane said someone should remind him he is playing for a club that has only won one title in 30 Years.
Ha! Never a truer word spoken. Thanks for that mate.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don't think they liked it when somebody tries to stop them walking the ball into the net, they aren't actually that good.

Strangest Tribe

Happy with a point.
First ones they have dropped at home this season
Mctominay is a bit shite
So is Amrabat
Varane was superb
We should have won it
Bruno was not missed at all
Mainoo very good again
Their fans were non existent

Oh, Michael Oliver is a twat

Oscar Bonavena

The depressing this is that that is a mediocre Liverpool team, but we just didn't have enough quality to expose it.

That Liverpool team is not a patch on the ones that won the league and pushed City close a couple of times. They win a lot of matches by dint of having a lot of goalscorers in the team but Arsenal and City are better teams than them, I'd be surprised if they finished ahead of both.

Superden

Eh? Weird point.

It was a low quality match where we created feck all. Two teams performing poorly can't be called a great game as far as I'm concerned.
We played the table toppers at their place were they are on a long winning streak and everyone expected us to get dicked again. So leaving with a point is a great result.

stu_1992

A rare draw these days. I'll take that. Had chances to win, as did they or course. Good game by Onana.

Infuriating decision for Dalot at the end. Incredibly harsh to hit him with two yellows there. Of course he could have said something outrageous (although probably deserves in Oliver's case) but unlikely. Pretty sure I saw Salah signaling for a card too and he got nothing. Annoying inconsistency. Thankfully had no impact on the game that late.

Addled

Kept those scummy cnuts off the top. Klopp with his porcelain grin can fe.ck right off. This is something that ETH can and must build on. Only way is up

Hester_manc

If Dalot has to get a red for complaining, then Nunez should have the same in the first half. He complains and gets a yellow, and he mockingly claps the referee afterwards, but doesn't get a red.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Seriously? That was a terrible feckin game.
It really wasn't and I really wonder if our fan base have played organised football at any level at all.

An unreal amount of injuries compounded or contributing to team out of form. (forget manager / player / goal of the month) What's ETH supposed to do, goto Anfield with a 4-2-4 and open up completely ? Oh I forgot everyone calling for his head a few games ago when they didnt agree with one holding and two number 8's.

Listen to shiny teeth's post match appraisal. It's delusional bordering on Man City revisionism where possession is the only rule of the game. It's full of wudda, shudda, cudda.

Would I want to go to Anfield and get a win ? Absolutely but I'm going to give the lads a massive amount of credit for not conceding against a very good title chasing side.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
First away team to earn points at Anfield this season
First away team to keep a clean sheet at Anfield since January

Finally a positive record/streak broken for once.
,,,and we knocked them off their perch again as Arsenal are now above them

Withnail

We played the table toppers at their place were they are on a long winning streak and everyone expected us to get dicked again. So leaving with a point is a great result.
That's not what you said. A draw is fine but it wasn't an enjoyable experience. If we had displayed any quality at all we could have nicked the win.

Woodzy

Klopp’s interview is not much better. The man really hates teams that come to Liverpool to defend, he talks like they’ve cheated or something.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
That's not what you said. A draw is fine but it wasn't an enjoyable experience. If we had displayed any quality at all we could have nicked the win.
With our present line up we'd have been smashed.
Good draw.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 302 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 13% Liverpool 4:0 Man Utd