PL W FA Premier League

Luton Town 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 18 February 2024

norm87cro

That Real shirt carries a lot more weight in Spain than United's does in the England, especially since SAF retired. Even then though, we used to get ridiculous things go against us (red cards carrying over from friendlies, Rooney getting banned for swearing, etc.)
Yeah and I agree but neither shirt should carry weight. Getafe and Brighton deserve the same treatment as United and Real

Crimson King

Yeah and I agree but neither shirt should carry weight. Getafe and Brighton deserve the same treatment as United and Real
Not saying that it's right mate, but it's definitely a thing. Casemiro might have gotten away with plenty of reds at Real, but some of those he's gotten at United have been ridiculous. He basically gets booked for just walking onto the pitch now.

He's an easy target for refs.

LDUred

That Real shirt carries a lot more weight in Spain than United's does in the England, especially since SAF retired. Even then though, we used to get ridiculous things go against us (red cards carrying over from friendlies, Rooney getting banned for swearing, etc.)
That was unfathomable when around the same time Ivanovic got carded in the Community Shield and didn't receive a ban. Pretty sure the Rooney and Scholes ones were in an Amsterdam Tournament.

Keane getting banned for writing a book and Neville being suspended for celebrating are others. Neville did provoke the Liverpool fans but it was no worse than Robbie Fowler goading United fans while playing for City.

cpresc

Yes our transfers have been poor for a while, even with Fergie we fell well off the pace with rubbish about value and his hatred of super agents. But it seems accepted that ETH wanted and was given a veto and near control over transfers. The majority of our signings or either ex Ajax or from the Dutch league, and most are simply not good enough. He has set us back at least 2 years as we now find ourselves crippled by the financial rules. The fact that he was so desperate to sign Antony to me is just a massive, massive red flag, he not only signed but persisted in playing Weghorst, Amrabat looks another dud (not a surprise). I find it hard to accept he is some sort of great football philosopher when he seems to be such a poor judge of ability. His refusal to meet with Rangnick, who had identified plenty of good transfer targets, equally suggests someone way too arrogant and over confident. Still, its with Jim now. I hope they make the right decisions.

With all these posts, I am still not sure what the magic 'tool' he needs to be given. Is it an unlimited budget, 4 years, no injuries, something else...?
Pretty sure that ETH didn't pick Weghorst over Kane

And given Hojlund's progression, I'd say he has a decent eye for a striker, no?

gajender

Pretty sure that ETH didn't pick Weghorst over Kane

And given Hojlund's progression, I'd say he has a decent eye for a striker, no?
Hojlund is definitely a Club signing offcourse with input from Ten Hag .
Signings with Clear Ten Hag's imprint would be Martinez , Antony , Onana , Malacia rest Like Casemiro , Mount , Hojlund were most likely pushed by Club .

Man of the Match

Rasmus Hojlund image Rasmus Hojlund 67% of 291 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 283 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Luton Town win
  • Draw