PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 April 2018

El Zoido

Grats. But what on earth made you put that bet on? :confused:
It was a special. Utd to win, BTTS, 3+ corners for each team, 2+ cards for each team. I fancied us to win before the game and figured if we win, those others aspects are a dead cert, and so it proved to be.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I think I need to drink more to understand human mind.

Swift Football

Pogba's yellow card in the second half funnily enough was one of my favourite moments. That was Keane territory. He was pissed off moments before about Lingard being taken out and decided to leave his will on them. Loved the passion for United he showed.
Agree. Another fav moment was Herrera taking the piss at 90' mark.

Sterling Archer

That game epitomises the romance of Manchester United; I'm totally buzzing. The first half was one of the worst I've ever seen from a United team; it could easily have been four or five and was a mis-match.

Second half was the United magic: back from the dead; character, team spirit, skill and attacking football. I don't know what to say; I'm totally buzzing.

Title party ruined; City's first home defeat for seventeen months; Pep put right in his place, along those toothless simpletons who were dancing at half time.

Magic, magic, magic. This is the buzz of supporting United we used to feel so regularly. :cool::cool::cool:
We love making it hard for ourselves don't we. I love it.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Even first 25 minutes, dreadful last 20 min of the first half, brilliant second half.
Showed some real determination and Pogba had a great game.
Herrera, Alexis did well, Lukaku and Lingard quiet.
Young led a bit of a charmed life.

Great to beat City and spoil their party.

I won't bother looking at the match thread but I bet the schoolgirls had a meltdown at half-time.

Incidentally that is the first time we've got more than 70 points in the PL since Fergie left.

Last edited:

Brigred

fecking hell what happened there .. in shock Love utd me

Footyislife

...and he'll continue to do so for many years.
Too many negative nellies on this forum who just want to hate on the manager and players.
He's not a bad manager. We've made slow progress which is something we need. I think most people who are negative are peeved at the potential of what we can be. In a ideal world we'd be managed by someone like Klopp, Poch, Tuchel, or Jardim. But we aren't and while I'm personally not his biggest fan I'd definitely at least give Mourinho next season with a more dynamic midfield before deciding if we need a replacement.

What bothers me is when players like Martial, Shaw, Pogba who are our most talented players don't get developed the way they should. Tough love doesn't work on everyone.

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea
Wow! If Mourinho let us play every game like this second half then I’d be his biggest fan.

Attacking City and taking it to them got us three points today.

Pogba was absolutely immense today, legitimately world class. He bossed the midfield.
Why do people still keep thinking the manager prevents the players from playing or attacking?? Look you were in control and the defense let in two soft goals that shattered the confidence but credit to the manager for instilling it back and creating a route back into the game.

Football isn’t play station.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That was a stunning comeback, absolutely stunning. The attitude in the second half of the players was fantastic.
Hope we can take confidence from this into the final stretch and end with a trophy

crossy1686

career ending
The title's on!

The City bottlers will definitely lose to Spurs at Wembley
Then Swansea will chase them back over the border without a win
West Ham will man up and Chicherito will pound them
They might manage a draw against Huddersfield at home at the start of May
Relegation threatened Brighton will see them off …
before Southampton hold them to a draw at home

In the meantime we'll win everything because of Paul Pogba's hair!
They should liquidate the club if they lost the title now. They'd never recover from it. It would be amazing

Alabaster Codify7

First half was putrid, second half was incredible. I just wish Jose would be less reactive and more proactive - its been proven that these players are capable of a lot more than what they are showing most of the time due to these restrictive, defensive tactics. Once they're given freedom to go for broke, we look a completely different team.

Fantastic show of heart, pride and guts that I seriously doubted was there. City, and the entire media, were ready for one big circle-jerk and I am LOVING that those fans are going home tonight sucking on defeat and without their stupid little fecking parade!

We really pssed in their cornflakes, feels brilliant!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He's not a bad manager. We've made slow progress which is something we need. I think most people who are negative are peeved at the potential of what we can be. In a ideal world we'd be managed by someone like Klopp, Poch, Tuchel, or Jardim. But we aren't and while I'm personally not his biggest fan I'd definitely at least give Mourinho next season with a more dynamic midfield before deciding if we need a replacement.

What bothers me is when players like Martial, Shaw, Pogba who are our most talented players don't get developed the way they should. Tough love doesn't work on everyone.
I know it's not too early for a joint mate but....

rednotled

When Smalling was asked "what did the manager say at half time?" I was so hoping he'd say

"Lads. It's City"

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
I sincerely apologise for claiming we were mentally weak in the first half. What a fecking comeback! Fergie must've absolutely fecking loved that second half.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
City are a gutless team of mercenaries.

They've got bags of quality but an abysmal mentality. You can't buy that.

Shame for the league no one challenged them properly and put them under pressure before.
You are being very disrespectful to them. They are a top team. Not a collection of individuals nor mercenaries. All they have shown last 2 games is they are still human.

Oldyella

My Mrs decided to be really inconsiderate and go into labour. Now at the hospital, still waiting now. Missed the entire thing. Been following the match on the caf.
Good luck dude!

First half was putrid, second half was incredible. I just wish Jose would be less reactive and more proactive - its been proven that these players are capable of a lot more than what they are showing most of the time due to these restrictive, defensive tactics. Once they're given freedom to go for broke, we look a completely different team.

Fantastic show of heart, pride and guts that I seriously doubted was there. City, and the entire media, were ready for one big circle-jerk and I am LOVING that those fans are going home tonight sucking on defeat and without their stupid little fecking parade!

We really pssed in their cornflakes, feels brilliant!
100% Thats still my frustration with Jose.

Wal2Fra

My Mrs decided to be really inconsiderate and go into labour. Now at the hospital, still waiting now. Missed the entire thing. Been following the match on the caf.
Don't hold it against the little one (or the Mrs) as much as we would all understand!

Atleast names will be easy:
Paul/Pauline
Chris/Christina

Jokes aside, good luck and congratulations!

kundalini

Strange match.

Bailly + Smalling with one of the worst central defensive displays for a very long time.

Valencia asleep too often. Young lucky not to concede a pen for hand-ball early on. Matic terrible.

Herrera performed well; easily our best player in the first half. Brilliant chest assist for Pogba's first goal.

Pogba and Sanchez came alive in the 2nd half after awful first half. Super header for Pogba's 2nd.

Lukaku terrible throughout.

De Gea great save at the end. Woeful clearance got us in trouble for their 2nd goal.

Somehow we won 3-2 with a lot of help from Sterling.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 78% of 868 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 554 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw