PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 2:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 April 2018

SuzieQ

Seriously impressive and deserved comeback for you. Hopefully it brings City down a notch before we meet them on tuesday.

On another note, were all of you seriously suggesting that it wasn't a penalty and a clear red for Young? And you make fun of rawk:lol:
Honestly, it looked like both players struck the ball at the same time, the force of Young’s kick bounced his foot up to agueros knee. Is that a pen?

GeorgieBoy

Anyone listening to Souness after this? Still picking up on the negatives. feck off!

Konimey

THANK LORD ALMIGHTY we came away with a win. otherwise United were headed for a huge embarrassment. Pogba finally showed what he is capable of, United players showing some balls. Thank you Sterling for missing so many chances, and thank you Martin Atkinson for not giving a penalty for that Young challenge against Aguero.

Rob67

My Mrs decided to be really inconsiderate and go into labour. Now at the hospital, still waiting now. Missed the entire thing. Been following the match on the caf.
Some people... so selfish.
(Good luck mate. All the best)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Honestly, it looked like both players struck the ball at the same time, the force of Young’s kick bounced his foot up to agueros knee. Is that a pen?
Agreed, his foot hit the ball first then bounced up onto his leg. It did end up being a dangerous tackle but it was an accident

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
This perfectly sums up the game.

I can't stop laughing. It makes no difference to end result, but massively takes the gloss off City's season. Winning with 6 games to go is a lot. Now its 4 at best assuming we don't screw up.

Who knows, maybe even a miracle with these results...
City lose to Spurs (A lose), Swansea (H win), West Ham (A lose), Huddlesfield (H lose), Brighton (H draw), Southampton (A lose)

14 points lost, United win all remaining games and win title by 1 point.

Yeah ok looking at that fixture list it's a dream lol.

lewwoo

Sky sports having to fill another 45 mins before the end of the coverage. They were obviously expecting a city title winning party!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
First half was putrid, second half was incredible. I just wish Jose would be less reactive and more proactive - its been proven that these players are capable of a lot more than what they are showing most of the time due to these restrictive, defensive tactics. Once they're given freedom to go for broke, we look a completely different team.

Fantastic show of heart, pride and guts that I seriously doubted was there. City, and the entire media, were ready for one big circle-jerk and I am LOVING that those fans are going home tonight sucking on defeat and without their stupid little fecking parade!

We really pssed in their cornflakes, feels brilliant!
I think the point being made is that we were OK for 15 mins and that was a typical Jose away performance. But when you give away 2 such bad goals, and they were shit let's be honest, you can't help feeling a little sorry for yourselves.

However, playing that way with a little more pressing and City will let themselves down defensively. They did against Liverpool midweek; having possession but getting hit on the break due to their inability to defend in numbers.

City have been great but fecking arrogant. It's as if Pep thinks he's back in Spain and Germany where teams kind of accept the inevitable and go for damage limitation

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I like how the young boy at the top just disappears into the ether. And the lad next to him has that gormless look. Reminds for of the Liverpool gif.
Kid in the black jacket has a very delayed reaction it seems: wait..what's happening..why are people cheering? Oh wait...*throws hands up to cheer while everyone else processes the happenings in real time*

Alabaster Codify7

The win is also gigantic as it stretches our lead over Liverpool even further. If we can finish the season picking up maximum points and win the FA Cup, you'd have to be happy with that this season!

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Magical second half, they may win the league but not against us!

crossy1686

career ending
Imagine having to have your dad give you a hug to console your crying as a fully grown man because you lost to your biggest rivals? fecking embarrassing isn't the word.

Disclaimer* I'm operating under the impression that this lad doesn't have some form of special needs.

Smores

Souness is a disgrace, couldn't let Henrys praise for Pogba stand

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I haven't got a clue what happened in this match:lol: Just happy for the victory and not having City celebrate in our faces.

First half was diabolical. Second half was great by us - like someone pressed the restart button and we just said feck it.

One thing though, this team is much much better when they set out to be offensive.

Borden

I have no fecking idea how we won that game but right now I'm not complaining. It's been a long time since I've had that special feeling you only get after a special game where your team has come out on top. Fecking buzzing.

montpelier

That might be a penalty in the technical sense of ''reckless'' but they only ever rarely get given if defender has played the ball.

Remember Luke Shaw getting his leg shattered? Very similar kind of incident for me.

Not a murmur of pen / red card for that one from any media source.

Ivor Ballokov

My Mrs decided to be really inconsiderate and go into labour. Now at the hospital, still waiting now. Missed the entire thing. Been following the match on the caf.
If you don't call that baby Ander Herrera Gambit then you're doing it all wrong.

Good luck to you and your Mrs!

caid

Seriously impressive and deserved comeback for you. Hopefully it brings City down a notch before we meet them on tuesday.

On another note, were all of you seriously suggesting that it wasn't a penalty and a clear red for Young? And you make fun of rawk:lol:
Yeah it was, but its hard to care about one decision or even 2 with Smalling being offside (probably?). Both teams were diving incessantly, both teams were making really cynical fouls that probably should have been punished more (it would have ended with about 10 players on the pitch). Both teams were playing up to the ref trying to get opponents booked and sent off.
I dont even blame the ref, both teams made it a nightmare to referee and he was always going to get a few of the decisions wrong. I'm inclined to say we stooped to city's level and its their own fault for being such cheating cnuts but I'm biased.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 78% of 868 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 554 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw