PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 3:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 11 November 2018

gr3yham3

Not surprised at all and somehow I am not as frustrated as compared to some other games earlier in the season. Once Pogba was out, it was most likely a loss for us with no one to drive us from the middle of the park. We need to get this loss out of our systems and focus on the getting max points for the other games and also qualify from our UCL group as soon as possible.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Somehow I am really surprised by the results we get.
Winning away against Juve and losing 1:3 at the Ethihad (something that can happen to any team) would suggest we are not too far off the elite.

However, watching us getting dominated without any chances created from open play speaks a completely different language.

Not sure if it’s just Mourinho or the (missing) quality of our players as we have been playing that badly for 5 years now.

Ibi Dreams

They are just a much better team. Better players but most importantly. Better manager. Well drilled attacking football and it seems they didn't even have to come out of second gear.
Pretty much this.

I like Mourinho, I always have, and I think our players like him and are behind him too. But we are never going to play as well as this City team with him as manager and they weren't even that good today. So depressing watching how they move and pass the ball, knowing that we can't and won't play that kind of football. We can still get great results sometimes and it can be entertaining, but the gap in quality is just obvious.

rpitchfo

Ignore the line up, ignore the tactics. There isn’t a parallel universe in which we get anything out of that game. In terms of quality we are closer to Fulham than we are city and the game reflected that.

Pep has built one hell of a team there. For all the quality they have individually it’s how they play that is so impressive.

I was pretty apathetic towards the end. Nobody is going to take many points of that team come the end of the season.

We will finish 6 quite a bit away from 5th and that would be fair from what we have seen so far.

big rons sovereign

Sick to death of watching Matic stroll around knowing he'll never be dropped or subbed.

At least the media can now bury the city corruption story. So, good for them.

Doesn't change the fact that we're absolute garbage though, it seems everybody on the planet knew what would happen with that lineup and tactics, everybody but José that is.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So many of our players are just mediocre that we shouldn't expect anything other than what we get. Been saying it for months... maybe seasons: need a huge clear out. City probably has their worst performance of the season, we has one shot on target. And again the caf votes Martial MoM (although not sure how just two mins after the final whistle). joke, guys.. he was so ordinary again

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't mind losing. However, I don't want to lose playing like a fecking coward, no matter any deficiencies are in the team - especially playing in a derby. That is a disgrace to me.

Why Jose does this over and over again I do not understand. It's not befitting of our fecking club. Our set up is all wrong, and he doesn't play to the strengths of the few good players we have. Instead, he's more worried about making sure one of his main man is always on the pitch even if it is to the team's detriment.

They are not a million miles away, but for us playing like cowards. Why not try and take the game to them? If we're going to lose let's go down fighting. This tame bullshit I cannot take.

Fracture90

Factoring how they spent £1trn while United can barely string scraps together, the fans are spoilt even expecting United to challenge them. Gratitude should be shown to Jose for even somehow getting the players out there to kick a ball, considering how disadvantaged he is.
Surely West Ham, Brighton and the other teams that have shamed us this season haven't spent combined what we've spent under Mourinho?

MUFAN79

Looked like City's training session. We have mental issues when we play vs City. We're scared of them.

Fluctuation0161

Factoring how they spent £1trn while United can barely string scraps together, the fans are spoilt even expecting United to challenge them. Gratitude should be shown to Jose for even somehow getting the players out there to kick a ball, considering how disadvantaged he is.
I tend to agree. Jose did inherit a much weaker squad than Pep when they took over.

The board then shot us in the foot this last Summer window.

R10Football

Think people on here overreact way too easily. We didnt play bad, there were moments if pogba was there, he could have passed the balls forward. Our mid today was way to hesitant. Overall i thought we played well. Fellani should not have started. Way too static for city. Fred would have at least pressed, and passed the ball more positively. I really think we need a dynamic RW, and a new CB in Jan, and we will be a better side for it.

mitch120

They played ok, we made them look much better than they were.

Should have been more positive early and (though subs were good) at 2-1.

Sure the anti Mourinho bunch will be happy.... because he coaches the defence to ignore crosses or marking?
Stop being a Mourinho fanboy we were totally outplayed if not for the lucky penalty could of been 5 or 6 easy for them seriously i don't get the mourinho fan club deluded as feck.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s frightening how easy they just turned it on when needed and scored.

We were 1 point off them in the league in LvG last season, and actually competed in the derbies. Since then, there’s no two way about it, they’ve left us in the dust, for a bit more money spent.

Infra-red

Routine victory for City, who barely got out of 2nd gear (because they didn't need to).

We're now 7 points behind 4th placed Spurs.

Slartibartfast

Although it could be worse, we could have been beaten by a local rival - you must admit exhibition teams like the Globetrotters are good to watch & a level beyond this current united team in terms of player quality

OldSchoolManc

Only silver lining, is City stopping Liverpool from winning the league.
They are going to win by a big margin again.
Football has become pointless until these charlatans are thrown out of the game.

RedDevil@84

I wished that the team would show more spirit or courage and take the game to opposition. But we played as if we were awed/scared by the quality of their football

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We're still so far away from the required level to compete. We need so much investment to even get close to having a competitive squad. You can't expect to compete for the league when these kind of players are in your starting lineup.

skeelz

Not even mad tbh. Once Pogba was out we know this was bound to happen. We're a nothing team without him and the gulf of quality between both teams is ridiculous.

Won't even blame the players, except Matic.
This.

We have some poor players that shouldn't be playing for us. Plus the leader of the team is out. Anything short of a loss would have been a huge result.

Reynoldo

Indeed am not that disheartened. City were feeling the pressure and got their third against a knackered team playing their third away game this week.
Yeah same, people are furious but the game was actually in the balance there for a period of the second half and had we equalized would people still be screaming José out? Still though not nearly good enough overall but that’s a different matter. As a one off game we could have got something from this we just lacked quality when it mattered. Don’t know what people were expecting from this to be honest

worldinmotion66

It's so disappointing that we persist with Matic while Pereira can't even get on the bench. I'm still optimistic that another manager can get us playing a decent brand of football, but how long do we have to wait to see it happen?

pablo__p

Bornemouth and Watford is who we compete against this season If things don't improve 6th would be a success.
Cowardly and spineless tactics. No guts from players including local United through and through starlets that are Rashford and Lingaard. 50 million midfielder warms the bench while a one legged Matic completes yet another full game.

Jeffthered

Atrocious football.

A rich mans stoke. Somehow still had a small window of opportunity to pull it back in the second half but continued to hoof it instead of playing.

Just waiting for Mourinho to leave/get the boot. Pointless season at this stage.

I'm glad someone mentioned this. What on earth is going on, at the training ground, because we do not play any football at all. We are blatantly, a set-piece seeking, hit-the-long-ball-and-pick-up-the-seconds team. And hope that Pogs brings that bit of creativity, style and class... ?

How did it become like this? It's dreadful. Embarrassing. Mourinho is taking the p***

Bole Top

acceptable result in the end, but mostly because of their own mistakes and Sterling. I honestly expected us to lose by 4 or 5 goals after Pogba injury. so yeah, I can live with 3-1.

Ahsan_6386

Take away from the game :

Young is totally Old now

Rashford is just Rash

Matic is the Goat like a real one

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I can't understand how our defence can let a player take a touch and then shoot on the 6 yard box and still have yards of space around him. Can't even call it school boy defending.

JohnnyKills

Win, draw or lose is really hard not to hate this cowardly shiit of football we're being served.

City weren't all that good today, yet they looked miles ahead of us nonetheless, we hardly challenged them even when we were one behind.
Agree. Manchester United should never play like this. It's beneath us.

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man City 1:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Man City 3:1 Man Utd