PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Wed, 24 April 2019

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Our coaching is just miles apart.

They’ve got an idea and a structure to rely upon when the going gets tough, we turn to hoof ball. Solskjaer has to do more to improve our attacking play, otherwise things won’t get better.

Minimalist

No complaints. Bit more effort but City are just a much better side.

Lot of players showed the lack of quality they have tonight.

The Nani

Thought overall Ole set the side out well considering his options.

Also got a reaction from everyone except Pogba.

Throw in a couple of clangers from Dave and there you have it.

BigBebe

On a more positive note, we won't be having the embarrassment of having our goalkeeper win player of the season again.

gibers

I remember when I said DDG was a level below Oblak and Ter Stegen and I was laughed at. Good times.

Not sure how we fix the team tbh. We really should have gone all out for Poch, but we need to give Ole a chance.

Not sure what Fred did. Too much dead wood in this team.

NK86

Don't know what game people were watching if they saw "effort" in that. So running around a bit like headless chicken now counts as people putting in their best? These are professional footballers we are talking about here. If running is all it takes for some on here to commend their fighting spirit, pay me a 100 grand/week and I will do that for 90 mins non-stop.

Gopher Brown

Shitty a much better side. We need major changes.

This proves SAF was correct to let Pogba go, he needs to go again.
Our best player by a distance tonight. I’m not a big fan of his but you really think he’s the one holding us back!?

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Whatever the result today, we were always going to get done up the backside. Fortunately we got the smaller prick.

joedirt87

I thought we played a decent first half, but you could tell we had zero chance of scoring. not committing enough forward and the lack of quality is evident. 2nd half was as expected, they are just superior.

Irishman

Very comfortable for City.

We were always a shambles waiting to happen under the Glazers and their ownership of our club has hastened our perpetual demise.

Fans needs to take action to have the leeches removed.

RedIan

A far better effort than recent games but the gulf in class is so obvious its embarrassing.
Fred and pierra worked hard but they just are not good enough to be in a united midfield. Oh for scholes, Carrick, Beckham keane et al. How many times did Fred pass the ball to a blue shirt. He aint got it, average player suitable for watford.
De gea has saved us so many times so i wont hang him out to dry but time for a rest as we have a great keeper on the bench.

The only blessing is the scousers wont be happy.

Ole has a massive task sorting this lot out.

dogwithabone

We were good for half hour but just lost our way and didn’t get in their face. City aren’t invincible by any stretch but if you sit off them and allow them to get into the danger areas then you’re asking for trouble.

We need much more energy in midfield and more composure in last third.

abailey123

Probably the best that could be expected really. Effort was up on Sunday but that isn’t difficult.

Reality is we’re not clinical enough in front of goal, they are.

This side really needs investment and an overhaul.

Oles limited in what he can do tactically with an unfit squad and players who he doesn’t believe in.

For me the positive of this run is Ole really now knows about the squad. No false pretences.

They all clearly dropped their guard after the PSG game, and throughout all of that time he obviously realised we’re not fit enough to play a high press. Some of these lads have a weak mentality and it needs changing.

Looking at that squad we need a good core - we’re desperately in need of a right back, centre half, centre mid, right winger and striker if we have dreams of competing. We also need to make a decision on De Gea one way or another, clearly the contract issue is affecting him.

Reactions: SteveJ

BlueHaze

Out of the last 10 derbys at OT how many have these feckers won? It seriously feels like they've been winning every single one.

eire-red

Sick to the stomach watching that, not that I expected anything less than a comprehensive win from City. How have we fallen so far when the only positive we can take is "at least some players showed effort."

The lack of quality is stark. Slowly falling out of love with football watching this spineless bunch trying to compete with a sham of a club who are where they are simply because they have spent more than anyone else.

The worst part about it is how much we have spent and what we have to show for it. Rotten to the core

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Unfortunately Ole again far too slow making the subs. As soon as they scored we should have just thrown attackers on to at least try to win the game.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Obvious upside of making Liverpool fans unhappy and a competitive first half aside, there was very little to shout about. Outclassed all over the park by City, more disjointed flaky rubbish in attack and more mistakes from De Gea. The fact we put a decent game plan into practice first half, got a couple of their key defenders on yellows, then completely failed to press the issue at all second half was so disappointing. But let's be honest we're getting used to feeling disappointed after our games.

Ahsan_6386

Ole needs to stop playing favourites . He needs to stop persisting with Rashford, Young and Lingard . This will be the end of Ole at United . I genuinely believe if we lose 2 out of the next 3 games then he might actually get sacked because suddenly he looks totally clueless and showing definite sign of resignation on the bench . Lindelof was the only positive in the game . The lesser said the better for the rest of them .

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
We have zero attacking quality.

We've got to really pick this team apart and axe the dross...because there is a lot of it. Theres only one quality player in the whole squad, and his head is in Madrid apparently.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Started OK, at least matched City in the first half.

DDG beaten twice at the near post - stuffing knocked out of us after second goal
We had chances but playing with 10 men and a cone on a string for most of the match is difficult.

Start with one striker and a cone and end up with 4 strikers on the pitch and outnumbered in midfield at the end is a bit bewildering.

passing-wind

Starting to lose faith in Solskjaer capabilities to move the club forward, since he's been given the permanent role he's started to come out with very questionable statements such as the summer activity, the effort vs performance and even the tactical decisions and in game management has been a disgrace thus far. We have put in 3 good performances since Ole came in the rest has been intuitive positive contributions from Pogba which stalled after the PSG home fixture.

This smells like a yes man scenario

RoyH1

Mortifying. We’re so far behind City that it’s baffling. Yes they’re financially doped, but they have a proper sporting structure in place, were the guys in suits identify talent that fits what the top manager wants from his players.
We have Woody and a revolving door of managers.

el3mel

Predictable result and good to stop Liverpool from winning the league. That's all I care about as we're shite anyway. Also Arsenal lost so we're not far from top 4.

Red Stone

Good first half. We just have the most limp-dicked attackers ever. Did we even manage to hit the target? Feck me...

Not too bothered about the loss. Fecks Liverpool harder than it fecks us.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Glad we lost but this just reinforces how much change needs to be made.

Knowing us had we won or tied, we would’ve lost to Chelsea anyways and missed out on top 4 while letting Pool win the league.

minoo-utd

Sorry but please we should be ashamed of how City topped us last 6 years. Don't cheer for them we just should be ashamed of the way we look at home. We have players earning ridiculous money and then we see this season after another now.

Kapardin

To all the players, thank you for doing atleast the bare minimum of denying Liverpool an easy route to the title.

Now, you can all bloody feck off out of the club this summer. And that includes De Gea, Pogba and the French Nani on the left wing.

Red_Aaron

The starting 11 gave it a good go but started to lag 2nd half. Subs did nothing at all.

City handled the game well tbf and showed better quality in the final third though I think Dave should be saving both really.

This performance beats Chelsea so they better bring it back on Sunday

Fts 74

Cant knock the effort,but miles apart on quality.

If Lingard scores and De Gea does better who knows?All if and buts.
Quite how Neville gave David Silva MOTM when he should've been off is beyond me.

M15 Red.

Quadrant Pub next to the met station are serving we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo shooters at half price tonight if anyone fancies a few.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 353 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 0:5 Man City
  • 14% Man Utd 0:3 Man City