PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 December 2019

Judas

Open to offers
Hate to White Knight but brilliant win tainted by racism by a few idiots. Not only the one(s) doing it, the ones seeing/hearing it and doing nothing. Disgusting.

great game by pretty much the whole team, give em all MOM
Was hoping I was wrong with what I saw, but yeah absolutely disgusting behaviour.

OohAahMartial

But then you lose James workrate, protecting Bissaka also. Or do you think Bissaka was one-man defence at right side?
Dan James showed that Ole was right in calling him the best defensive winger in the world. But also his counters were scintillating.

Always wanted to use that word.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Keano even praised us! **shocked**

To Man City fans throwing shit and making monkey gestures...stay classy you scumbag feckwits!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Would be nice if some of the people calling for Ole's head would now give the man some credit.

That's two wins against seasoned managers that he has masterminded, and the football we played in the first 30 minutes would have had SAF purring.

Good to see him in the stands as well. So proud of us today.
I haven't actually been calling for him to be sacked but to be fair I have been critical.
But the last two performances have certainly exceeded expectations against two good teams.
All credit to Ole and all credit to the players. In the first half they were simply brilliant.
Defended well in the second half and well deserved the win.
Onward and upwards.

Crashoutcassius

Amazing performance and result again. 5 points off 4th. Jan just around the corner... really hope we can rescue this season and do it with Ole & the kiddos

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Fans obv, but why isn't the club punished? I really believe that is the only way to maybe stop this nonsense. 3 games with no supporters. It was not just throwing shit, it was racial abuse towards Fred. feck that filth.
Because banning the club makes the whole thing very easy to abuse. It will set a huge precedence. Banning that fan for life is sufficient. And the club must come out and issue and apology and take necessary steps.

Eddy_JukeZ

Excellent win.

1st half was the best a team has played against Pep's City at the Etihad.

My only small complaint would be that we've got to improve our ball possession, because I felt like we needlessly invited extra pressure a bit in the 2nd half, but it's just a small complaint.

We should have been out of sight in the 1st half though.

We have to clean up on set pieces too.

dpansheth

My birthday and the morning starts with derby win!! Ole needs to work on his idea of subs. Also need couple of players. A winger and a midfielder. If the biggest club in the world cant spend for two guys.... ( woodie take the hint, i know you are reading)

Siorac

Look at the goal of Martial then. Nobody is moving, it's not a fast line, but it's still a goal when you see opportunity. It's not really a matter of pace, we just play direct and quick, which is good because it gives less time to think for the defensive team.
I'm not saying we only ever score from counter-attacks; I'm saying our team is very good at breaking with pace and not so great at breaking defences down due to the specific strengths and weaknesses of our players.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Dan James showed that Ole was right in calling him the best defensive winger in the world. But also his counters were scintillating.

Always wanted to use that word.
He was instructed to help
Out AWB after half time, that was easy to see. Sterling was nowhere near as effective

Member 119614

First half was fantastic. Next step is to try to keep it up for 90 minutes. Good result, I'm happy.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Man City made a quick statement regarding the allegations of racial abuse.
Quick action now also required.
Those throwing objects should be sanctioned too.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The only negative for me is that if we'd turned up with even half of that mindset and application in our previous games we'd be second. We need to keep this up over Christmas and into the new year, now we've shown we can do it.

Near-perfect in the first half and gritty in the second. I think Fred, AWB and James deserve the most credit for the shifts they put in today, and Martial for a superbly placed finish. Still angry at the handfuls of points we've thrown away when we're capable of that, but I'm so pleased with this team today.

Nr.7

We were brilliant in the first 30 minutes. Should have been 3-4 goals up.

Excellent week!

dal

I thought everyone was brilliant.

The one thing Rashford has improved is his composure, he seems to take his time now and has patience. This maturity is unbelievable.

One bad point SHAW is positionally horrendous.

reddevil80

wonderful game, awesome result, defended hard when needed, violently quick counter attacking. Just lovely. My only " gripe ", so to speak, would be we played the wrong pass too often and by every player. Boys looked goosed at the end but they played brilliantly. I wish they could play with that intensity and drive and passion in each game.

Plus, get rid of Pereira!!!

adamwest

Needs to be said but maybe not the most appropriate thread to do so - Liverpool completely deserve the title at this rate. Only the most stubborn fan can disagree.

So that means we have to do our job and not give a feck about them as we are so far behind (in many ways) and it’s hard to take but it’s reality.

I tell you what - we did our job and then some tonight. We were electric at times and (unexpectedly) resilient when we needed to be.

Absolutely buzzing. What a win and we should have scored at least a couple more.

Mindhunter

A performance of the highest order. Really impressed by the amount of effort and application by the boys today. They played together as a unit and gave it their all. Every player was working with each other. This is what you want to see and not needless bickering and toxic behavior from prima donnas.

In the first half, the City defense was stretched by our front three with gave Lingard ample room for his runs. James in particular on the right was devastating - ended up making a mockery of their LB multiple times through the game. In fact, they were lucky to have not conceded more than two.

In the second, we obviously had to defend more as the legs got tired and City grew into the game. We defended well as a unit and the players looked well drilled. Although a few individuals mistakes crept in but players put their bodies on the line to block shots. We definitely wanted it more than City - that bit was obvious.

Post game, I really enjoyed the moments when players celebrated with the fans. Solksjaer seems like a totally different man than a week ago. His passion and desire to do good by Manchester United is totally established - even if long-term he may not be the right choice. Also enjoyed SAF's smile and reaction to see us do one over the "noisy neighbors".

The incident around the racial abuse and projectiles was a disgrace. These depraved men should never be let inside a football stadium again. It marred what was a great game between two bitter rivals. Thankfully our boys kept their cool and got the job done.

Special Mention: I am astounded by the maturity, ingenuity, pace, control, and decision making of Daniel James. A kid from the championship is showing some established players how it is done. He just kept going and going and going. This guy just doesn't get tired.

RedMilo

AWB take a bow. All were really committed and showed great team spirit. A few good additions to give us real options in the squad and we can really go places with this team. MUFC here we go here we go!!

NecssryEvil

What’s this about?
NBC saying that there were racial slurs at Fred and Lingard also video of a guy making monkey gestures at Fred, I think. this goes beyond being sore losers. How can one see something like this and not do something? Hopefully punished later but I would have like to see the fans right by the act say/do something which didn’t appear to be the case.

alexthelion

Just what United need, a manager who thinks more of the club than his own career.

Now we just need Ed/the board to back him up.

Reactions: SteveJ

Gasolin

I'm not saying we only ever score from counter-attacks; I'm saying our team is very good at breaking with pace and not so great at breaking defences down due to the specific strengths and weaknesses of our players.
That's where players like Martial to hold the ball to give time for the team to change the shape or Lingard and Fred to position themselves for the next attacking ball. I think we are alternating things well and not sticking to a single way of playing, which is excellent. Anyway, confidence is everything at the very high level and it will help to win back to back. Another win and it will be looking very good.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Can’t agree. He was very good before the injury.
We need quality in that midfield, he can provide it for this team.
It’s about the benefit of the team going forward not about who fans like and what they summise
Considering Lingard was probably our worst player from the starting XI, replace his touches with Pogba and we probably go 3 or 4 up in the first half.

Another important win! Really good performance, best I’ve seen us play in ages!

dronesoul

Even though I wish we were at least top 4 already, if i'm not wrong, after this game we are undefeated in the league vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Leicester and City this season. Out of those games we've only lost points against Arsenal and Liverpool. 14 of 18 possible points against those teams. We're the only side who's not lost against Liverpool (and we almost grabbed all 3).

With all injuries in the squad this season that is nothing less than amazing.

The quality in this squad is very very high, the only thing we lack (and don't get me wrong, I know it's a huge piece of the puzzle) is a better way to play versus worse teams who defend like mad (and some better luck). I'm actually very happy with the team on the whole and not only because the post-derby-win feelings are overwhelming at the moment! :)

Reactions: SteveJ

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
NBC saying that there were racial slurs at Fred and Lingard also video of a guy making monkey gestures at Fred, I think. this goes beyond being sore losers. How can one see something like this and not do something? Hopefully punished later but I would have like to see the fans right by the act say/do something which didn’t appear to be the case.
Disgraceful.

fecking neanderthals have no place in the game.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Im disappointed at the delay posts and updates from bluemoon. :drool:
Will be interesting to know how the rags/media/fa will be at fault for the racism thing.

Fts 74

Sensational 1st half dug in 2nd half,pleased for Ole,big mention for Fred had a lot of stick but he was excellent again.
Im off to the will we get relegated thread!!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Keano even praised us! **shocked**

To Man City fans throwing shit and making monkey gestures...stay classy you scumbag feckwits!
Surely they will be severely punished for failing to control their fans.
Disgusting behaviour and very bad losers.
Wasn't it fantastic to see Sir Alex Ferguson with a big smile on his face. Top man.

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50% of 531 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw