PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 December 2019

Sterling Archer

Brilliant win. THIS is I would call the turning point. Certainly for my pessimistic self, I've seen the manager motivate the players against the two most winning active managers in the world. That's nothing to dismiss.

redIndianDevil

Very good performance. I don't like us parking the bus but this was good, we should strive to improve our passing under pressure, if our passing was a notch better, we could have countered them a lot more.

Anyone else think the Fred handball should have been a penalty? I'm glad the decision went our way but if it was the other way around, I'd be pretty miffed.

Irwin99

We were by far the better team and should have been 3 or 4 up at half time. City played into our hands with the threat of the counter attack. The entire team was fantastic.

Their title race was 99% over before the game, it's now completely dead. Our Top 4 chances have been boosted massively all of a sudden with Chelsea losing a few games lately. We need some January signings and to sustain this level, even against teams that don't give us space and park the bus.

Fred and McT have those two midfield spots nailed down. It's Pogba in the 10 role or on the bench in big games.

redIndianDevil

Brilliant win. THIS is I would call the turning point. Certainly for my pessimistic self, I've seen the manager motivate the players against the two most winning active managers in the world. That's nothing to dismiss.
We still need to be better coached to open up defensive teams.

DSG

Another thing, not many on the Caf giving praise to Shaw. Had, in my opinion, the second most difficult task in marking Bernardo for most of the game. Was there all night, forcing bad decisions and getting deflections. Well done!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Considering Lingard was probably our worst player from the starting XI, replace his touches with Pogba and we probably go 3 or 4 up in the first half.
Agree and his performance fell off after 30 mins. He’s a decent sub for the last 25-20 mins but it’s the lack of options that often cost us points.
Pogba further up with Fred and McT behind is our best midfield 3 when fit. The other problem is Pereira; not competent enough to start or come on

AndyMUFC

Outstanding display. Nervewracking but outstanding. We're such a threat on the counter.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Very good performance. I don't like us parking the bus but this was good, we should strive to improve our passing under pressure, if our passing was a notch better, we could have countered them a lot more.

Anyone else think the Fred handball should have been a penalty? I'm glad the decision went our way but if it was the other way around, I'd be pretty miffed.
It was ball to hand and absolutely nothing he could do about it. Played well again and can become a big play for us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Another thing, not many on the Caf giving praise to Shaw. Had, in my opinion, the second most difficult task in marking Bernardo for most of the game. Was there all night, forcing bad decisions and getting deflections. Well done!
Keep himself fit and we have good options at FB with Williams developing

newgiz

What a performance that was. Superb in the first half. Should have been out of sight to be honest with the number of chances we created. Gritty second half. Gutsy performance and everyone in the team played well.

Fred with another fantastic performance in the middle of the pitch. The pairing of him and McTominay is working really well.

We are now also looking way better than before when teams apply the high press against us. With the pace we have up front this is incredibly crucial and we could see that in the first half.

It felt great watching our play today. Happy for Ole and the team.Now if we keep this momentum going until the end of December, then we will be very close to the top 4 if not actually being in the top 4.

Joseunited

Did anyone hear Kyle Walker speaking on Sky?
"We'll keep on fighting for the title until it's mathematically impossible....and the we'll give up":eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Keano on Sky: "Winning 3 league titles in a row is hard, not many teams do that...."

Everyone in the studio cracks up. Brilliant, put City in their place :lol:

madzo2007

What a fantastic week of results.

Felt like I couldn't breathe for the 5 minutes of injury time. Every player give their all. Lindelof with some superb blocks, AWB a man mountain and McTominay always seems to deliver in big games these days.

Gasolin

Even though I wish we were at least top 4 already, if i'm not wrong, after this game we are undefeated in the league vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Leicester and City this season. Out of those games we've only lost points against Arsenal and Liverpool. 14 of 18 possible points against those teams. We're the only side who's not lost against Liverpool (and we almost grabbed all 3).

With all injuries in the squad this season that is nothing less than amazing.

The quality in this squad is very very high, the only thing we lack (and don't get me wrong, I know it's a huge piece of the puzzle) is a better way to play versus worse teams who defend like mad (and some better luck). I'm actually very happy with the team on the whole and not only because the post-derby-win feelings are overwhelming at the moment! :)
Not related to your post but how did you get a like? I don't see any button in the forum...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Terrific win. Gutsy in the second half. I was nervous as feck.

Could have been three or four up by half time. Rashford hit the post and missed a really good chance.

Fergies Gum

Quality performance in the first half. Its remarkable we have come away from the Spurs and City games with maximum points.

Bristol_Red_87

Lindelof was immense tonight and a lot of credit to Luke Shaw who, after a lengthy spell out, was also brilliant.

To a man, a real credit to the club. Very proud red tonight!

Reactions: SteveJ

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Immense game and a great result.

I like the way we played, we were determined, strong, organized in defense, attacked with purpose, quick touches and blistering pace. This feels like united of old, kicking on from the winter and beyond.

Everyone played their part, there were no passengers in the team. Lingard had his best performance in a long time. We don't need superstars, we need players with heart and pride.

Onwards and upwards

Alek M

Da manic one
Great performance. We always rise for the big games. Don't forget we outplayed Liverpool and they were lucky with a draw.

Should have scored one more to ice the game.

Left back is a weakness despite Shaw doing well today.

I also feel Pogba is gone in Jan, and really should be. This team has chemistry and he can disrupt our team.

A new no10 would be great. Ericsen, would be great. Lingard is out of his depth.

Two more good subs in midfield would help too.

Happy for Ole . We play well over the last 4 games and deserved to win them all. I hope we sign a midfielder and a auxiliary Striker like Madzukic in Jan to help Ole. Ole is taking us on the right path toward success by building from within.

McTominay motm for me.

cyril C

Best 1st half I have ever seen. All 11 players showed up, almost flawless performance in 1st 45min apart from the Rashford wastefulness and some unnecessary foul outside the box. I thought the 2nd half was Mourinho Bus style, too passive waiting for accident.

macheda14

We will see how much he wants to play for United when he comes back. If only he had the desire of McTominay...
He plays well when the rest of the team is playing well. One of his biggest issues is he isn’t much of a leader in the pitch, but if everyone around him is fighting 100% he does the same.

Fully Fledged

NBC saying that there were racial slurs at Fred and Lingard also video of a guy making monkey gestures at Fred, I think. this goes beyond being sore losers. How can one see something like this and not do something? Hopefully punished later but I would have like to see the fans right by the act say/do something which didn’t appear to be the case.
I blame City not just the fans they were throwing at our players shouting racial abuse and making monkey chants for quite a long period of time and the stewards just stood there and did nothing.

tony54

Fantastic team performance. James is such a great,clever and gutsy player, Mctom was mainly playing deep and covered gaps well. But for me the standout was AWB and the goal of the month was Martials, great skill and deception. He knew exactly where he was planting his shot which fooled their goals.
Shame about some of Mcity fans but overall a great game from both teams

Reactions: SteveJ

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50% of 531 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win