PL W FA Premier League

Manchester City 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 December 2019

Galinha

What a game! Loved how Wan-bissaka controlled one of the best offensive players. Scott, just turned 22 and totally dominated that midfield. What a player !

Best United game at Etihad in a long time

Reactions: SteveJ

neilv93

Ole pointing to a smiling Sir Alex :devil:
This made me so happy. Pleased for Ole - the Poch rumours take a serious turn and he bounces back with two fantastic results and performances against two of the greatest managers ever. What a week!

Duckmanquack

At the end Solskjær celebrating with the fans while pointing his finger at the Manchester United emblem saying "Thats it, Thats it!" gave me the chills

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Damn what a game!!
First half performance was exceptional, second half was a case of hanging on.
De Gea at fault for the goal but kept us in it with a great save.
We look electric going forward.
Just need that midfield extra. One player needed.

AWB was outstanding as was Fred in the first half

Manchester is red tonight

Kag

We were actually quite comfortable for most of that second half. Hardly chance after chance. The goal they did score was a poor one that would have been prevented if we had a goalkeeper that could catch the ball. Thankfully, De Gea is still great at everything else.

I like the premise of the first team. It’s a few midfielders and another winger away from (potentially) being a very good one.

Hughie77

30 mins of class, 60+5 mins of pure determination not to give in, what an away day, City were excellent, but there back line is a problem that's were they lost this game, love it love it. Made my weekend. Well done lads

Siorac

This reminds me a bit of the Van Gaal years. I know, I know, rapid counter-attacking brilliance doesn't exactly scream a Van Gaal side but hear me out.

Just like back then, now you have the feeling that there is something in there, some spark and promise in this team because we always hold our own against the best teams, always show that we are capable of playing very intelligent and cultured football.

And then we shit the bed against Norwich or Villa or something, probably without having a shot on target.

King Eric 7

Think we've wiped them out of the title race now, OK it wasn't quite a race but oh well, the three points and away win at City more than compensate!

ash_86

What a fecking win. Amazing performance from whole team.

Ryan L

Ole's reign feels a bit like van Gaal's when you had terrific results against top six opposition, but watching us play against mid-table teams makes you want to gouge your eyes out.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Excellent tactical masterclass by Ole. Great defensive discipline by the lads throughout City’s onslaught which lasted about 60 minutes.

I don’t care what people say about AWB’s ineffectiveness going forward, he’s a defensive beast and that’s his primary and most important job.

Get in! Have we turned a corner? Let’s kick on from here into the festive season.
Get in a proper right winger to attack the shit outta them and Wan Bissaka flaw wont be so noticeable.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely buzzing. What a performance, just credit to all the players, the manager, the fans. Class.

Pscholes18

NBCSN just mentioned the racial abuse and looks like some of our players have confirmed it. City scum

Djemba-Djemba

I thought we'd lose both and Ole would be sacked.

He's proven me wrong and I'm glad, I hate criticising Ole, he's a legend

fecking get in.

Manchester is Red

The_Order

The Ole Out brigade will be crying themselves to sleep tonight.

So added bonus.

Donald Dodd

Thank you Giggs for recommending James.Thank you Van Gaal for getting Martial and releasing Rashford.Thank you Jose for trusting McT.Thank you to whoever spotted Fred and big thanks to the club for picking Bissaka over the other options.Great result. (Sorry Moyes..you don't count)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ole going head to head against Mourinho and Pep over 4 days, and coming out with 6 points. What a crazy game this is.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I have no throat left, I might have caused some injury to myself actually from all the shouting! Unbelievable win, the first 30 minutes is the best I've ever seen us play, it could have been 4-0 easily!

@Wumminator I can't wait for the threads you are about to create, mate.
Tonight we are United as one. I will let people reflect. The Mrs is about to have a good time for the first time in months so I’ll leave the threads alone for now.

starman

Great win.

Spurs and City are two huge scalps, and are now still undefeated against the top 6....

Now need to win against the teams we are expected to beat and go on a run against Everton, Burnley, Newcastle, & Watford.

vodrake

It seems a life time ago that United fans were panicking that this City team would dominate for a generation

vidic blood & sand

This is why Ole needs to stay. We've shown some flashes this season, and with more quality coming in the consistency will come as as well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
At the end Solskjær celebrating with the fans while pointing his finger at the Manchester United emblem saying "Thats it, Thats it!" gave me the chills
And then pointing at SAF, almost damn near had me in tears :(

Gasolin

Annoyed that I’ve seen us concede off another corner. We are clearly a very good attacking team, the improvement from last year in that regard (if we have players fit) is phenomenal.

I’m a bit of a perfectionist so maybe being harsh. It’s just this team (albeit young and dripping points) are exceptional.
It's also that you love that team. See how the players like James fight on each and every ball and have opportunities to bomb forward, and they do! AWB, same, Scott, same, Fred, he's also doing it, and even Rashford is now trying to look up and play the free player when the others are keeping the defense busy. They fight for the ball, and Martial holds the ball like never.

Treble

Brilliant performance. The first half was arguably the best since Fergie, sensational counters. Rashford was much better than Sterling.

Defence was very solid as well. Incredible.

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50% of 531 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw