PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 08 March 2020

DJW

I let out a bloody scream when Scott scored! My neighbours might just complain :lol:
Same here... the kids weren’t impressed with my full on grown adult lounge 10 second goal dance !!!

Coleyoscar

So sweet. Having to listen to Martin Tyler's anti-United, non-stop negative commentary and suffer Mike Dean's refereeing makes it so enjoyable.

0le

Fantastic win, still in the EL and FA cup and Pogba back in training next week. Great week for United.

King Eric 7

What an amazing match. Credit to Ole and the team. Bruno is an amazing player and what a cameo by Ighalo. It's been a good few years I think since we beat City by more than 1 goal.

Nori-

3 MASSIVE points!
Another clean sheet!
Sir Bruno of Mancunia pulling the strings again!
A cheeky 40 yard goal to wrap it up!

Ahhh beautiful. So so beautiful!

Delano

Unbelievable effort by the players and fair play to the coaching staff, the game plan was absolutely spot on.

Only frustration was the final ball. Bruno could've had 3 if the ball was squared to him.

Apart from that, perfect.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Im really proud of the lads tonight. They gave everything. You can really see they playing for Ole and trust his tactics.

Some mistakes of course, but i dont give a shit as long as they give all. And they did today!

Bruno, what a player. Maguire probably my MOTM. Fred with his nonstop running and recovering the ball is just something else. Absolute engine!

McTomminay last minute goal. Reminds me of the Fergie days.
Mike Dean go feck yourself.

absolutely buzzing!!:devil:

lex talionis

Shaw MOTM for me, but there are a lot of close seconds. AWB, Martial, Maguire...even Matic.

But this one really goes to Ole.

Woodzy

My stream died at the 95th minute and only just realised we actually won by 2 :lol:

Foxbatt

Fantastic win. Full credit to Ole for the win. It's a very important result. Have to win the game

LingiBW

We have kept a clean sheet. Happy woth that.

Also, this will be a teachable moment for James, expect a ton of cutbacks going forward.

DaniDan

We can really feel there is something shaping up now. It's not about the way we play or the results, it's about the spirit, the energy. For the first time since god knows, I knew at the end we would not concede.

Last edited:

Tony247

Crowd was freaking awesome throughout the game. Players were highly motivated.

Ole and Dean tried hard but this was united's day. Dean's decisions were scandalous while Ole's substitutions were completely illogical and as usual too late in the game. He was lucky that whatever stupid things he tried today the players were so motivated that they put their lives on line for united.

James has to learn a lot. I mean a lot. Bruno going to beat him up tonight.
Martial started slow but then he got into the game. He had a decent game today. Bruno gave perfect pass but that goal was very difficult to score. Well done!
Bruno was manmaked and isolated. Fred couldn't distribute to him as he was constantly pressed. Without McT the team looked unbalanced, again. What a goal to finish the game!
Ighalo came and due to his hold up game suddently brought some calm in the game.
Our defenders were good, held the line. Special words for AWB. How he found so much energy and timely tackles? Great man.
Williams started decently but sheer quality of City was overwhelming for him to manage. And when Mahrez came on he practically finished Williams. It is good to have such reality check for young lands. Will is talented and he will improve.
Fred is a workhorse. He gave everything today. Although I hope he should improve his ball control in tight areas. Teams have now started pressing him.

Overall great win. Who doesn't like to win! good work entire team.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Whole team were splendid today. Proper team victory.

And massive credit to Martial; he put in a proper shift both sides of the ball and even in the air!

Jev

Been a long time since I've been this happy with a United win.

I've had a weird taste in my mouth when we've gotten good results against big teams because we've won like a bottom-league team.

Today, we played well and deserved to win against one of the best teams in the world.

I might have to eat my words next week but today felt like a turning point. Certainly an emotional one for me.

Run_time_error

Best all-round performance for some time now. Everyone played their part. Fred's energy was astounding, so he gets my vote for man of, but all of them excellent.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The spirit in the team seems great. Scott speaks so well. Real warrior!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Great game.

We fought like lions all game. For so many games the last couple of years i think we have lacked leaders but today i saw many. Maguire, Matic, Fred. Bruno, Martial, Shaw. All of them played like leaders today and it was great to watch

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Very good game from all the players. Even the whipping boys on here. Didn't cede an inch, were decisive on the counter, could have scored more. City were off all afternoon but we definitely made it hard for them to get into rhythm.

Bruno got into the flow of things after 25 minutes, wish Ole made things easier for him from the jump. Shaw had a great game. Fred was the best midfield player from both sides.

James needs to come off the bench more. He's better with more space period.

Great way to close out the weekend.

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 475 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 30% Man Utd 2:1 Man City