PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 08 March 2020

Relfy

Great result, and a brilliant 3 points that! Everyone gave their all and some great invention by Bruno to get Martial in for the first.

Tactics spot on by Ole and the team. Hope he gets the credit he deserves.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The best thing for me is the fact the players showed resilience. So important and hope they continue this way.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Really, really enjoyed that.

Effort and intensity from the whole team was great.
Looked a little nervous with a few mistakes at the beginning but other than giving away corners nullified City's threat.
Martial and Fernandes looks a really potent understanding and partnership, can only get even better.
Apart from first few minutes when he seemed off the pace, Martial show intelligence skill and strength. MoM

AWB excellent and Williams special mentions but whole team deserve credit and DDG didn't have that much to do.

Well done Ole and hope all the fake United (Spurs) fans have gone to the same place as Lingard.

dirkey

Crowd was freaking awesome throughout the game. Players were highly motivated.

Ole and Dean tried hard but this was united's day. Dean's decisions were scandalous while Ole's substitutions were completely illogical and as usual too late in the game. He was lucky that whatever stupid things he tried today the players were so motivated that they put their lives on line for united.

James has to learn a lot. I mean a lot. Bruno going to beat him up tonight.
Martial started slow but then he got into the game. He had a decent game today. Bruno gave perfect pass but that goal was very difficult to score. Well done!
Bruno was manmaked and isolated. Fred couldn't distribute to him as he was constantly pressed. Without McT the team looked unbalanced, again. What a goal to finish the game!
Ighalo came and due to his hold up game suddently brought some calm in the game.
Our defenders were good, held the line. Special words for AWB. How he found so much energy and timely tackles? Great man.
Williams started decently but sheer quality of City was overwhelming for him to manage. And when Mahrez came on he practically finished Williams. It is good to have such reality check for young lands. Will is talented and he will improve.
Fred is a workhorse. He gave everything today. Although I hope he should improve his ball control in tight areas. Teams have now started pressing him.

Overall great win. Who doesn't like to win! good work entire team.
Christ above. Talk about misery. You'd swear at lost. Just enjoy it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fantastic watch, great atmosphere at OT and a massive 3 points.

The energy we had played a massive part.

Hope the win doesn’t stop Ole from bollocking them about not passing.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
A game of perfection. Super important 3 points and always a wonderful feeling to see Pep's smug face go sad!

fps

Really, really enjoyed that.

Effort and intensity from the whole team was great.
Looked a little nervous with a few mistakes at the beginning but other than giving away corners nullified City's threat.
Martial and Fernandes looks a really potent understanding and partnership, can only get even better.
Apart from first few minutes when he seemed off the pace, Martial show intelligence skill and strength. MoM

AWB excellent and Williams special mentions but whole team deserve credit and DDG didn't have that much to do.

Well done Ole and hope all the fake United (Spurs) fans have gone to the same place as Lingard.
Wan Bissaka was genuinely imperious at times. City’s attackers visibly lost confidence down that side.

OrcaFat

Shaw MOTM for me, but there are a lot of close seconds. AWB, Martial, Maguire...even Matic.

But this one really goes to Ole.
Yes! Shaw has developed into a proper Utd player. He looks the part now and I’m delighted for him. And well done Ole and everyone else for that matter.

jackal&hyde

Perfect game from us. Tactics and preparation were spot on, great motivation from everyone, class first goal, superb defending both from an individual level and organization.

Once we add a few more players we'l be a force. We have the right manager in charge.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Great determination and desire. Superb from everyone especially Bruno. Feels sooo good beating Citeh. Come on!!!!

Now let’s keep improving, keep better possession and try not to lose the ball so cheaply too many times against the big teams. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel indeed.

moodyred

7 win 3 draws in last 10 games. I will take that!
Confident football by United.

Alek M

Da manic one
Everyone deserves a 10, even Martial with his selfish play. James too could have had some better decision making and this could have been 3-0 easily.

Fred was a beast, Matic too. Harry, AWB, Shaw excellent too. Bruno inspirational.

I can’t imagine what it would be with Rashford in this side

well done lads

Saddy

The team spirit and fight in that match was outstanding.

Martial, Bruno, AWB and Shaw joint MOMs for me - Shaw shutting out Mahrez was the tactical move of the season and even Oghalo coming on for 10 minutes was superb with some of his hold up play and ball winning - FANTASTIC !!!

madzo2007

Brilliant performance, everyone done their job superbly. The last 10-15mins were stressful but haven't celebrated a goal like that in a while out of sheer relief.

cfkane

In 1999 United had 4 strikers: Cole, Yorke, Ole and Teddy.
Now we have 4 strikers: Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Ighalo.

Not that their talent is equal, but having two regular strikers and 2 that can be used as subs/rotation is a piece we have been missing. Matial and Rashford are our York and Cole today, Mason is our Ole and Ighalo, the older, more experienced, is our Teddy. Those guys, plus the addition of Bruno, and maturation of Fred has been a major part of the run we are on.

Maybe we can have those 4 for a full season

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ole and Dean tried hard but this was united's day. Dean's decisions were scandalous while Ole's substitutions were completely illogical and as usual too late in the game. He was lucky that whatever stupid things he tried today the players were so motivated that they put their lives on line for united.
Only one of the subs was 'wrong'. Taking off Martial and leaving us without a presence up top. The other two subs were perfect - taking off Williams to allow Shaw to take care of Mahrez, and bringing on Ighalo to fix the mistake of not having somebody up front.

always_hoping

Great Scott what a win for United, a first league double over City for a decade. A win built on a solid defensive performance. 10 games unbeaten in all comps and 8 clean sheets in those matches. As for City three defeats to United in transition this season and they are meant to be the 2nd best in the league?

Back to United though still 3 points off 4th and it seems Chelsea has hit top form after beating Everton and Liverpool so all to play for.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Best all-round performance for some time now. Everyone played their part. Fred's energy was astounding, so he gets my vote for man of, but all of them excellent.
I cannot remember being so proud of the players for some time. Massive performances from everyone and they played like a team and not individuals.

Matic was everywhere. Nothing got past AWB or Shaw.

We can complain about James final ball, but City were scared about his pace.

Pleased for them all and it was clear which team wanted it more.
Brilliant result.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm loving listening to Roy

Siorac

We are resilient, tough to break down, dangerous on the break. We have pace and energy.

The next step is to build a team that can go toe-to-toe with all our rivals and can have more than 30% of the ball in these games, so that we won't have to approach them as the underdogs. It's the correct approach for now but let's build on what we're doing well now.

SirAnderson

I cannot remember being so proud of the players for some time. Massive performances from everyone and they played like a team and not individuals.

Matic was everywhere. Nothing got past AWB or Shaw.

We can complain about James final ball, but City were scared about his pace.

Pleased for them all and it was clear which team wanted it more.
Brilliant result.
Lovely post!! Fully agree!

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 475 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results