PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 12 December 2020

Siorac

First half was promising enough. The second... well I managed not to fall asleep which I'd rank as one of my better achievements this year. City's technical superiority in that second half was a bit depressing, if not unexpected.

What I don't really get is that in a half during which we struggled to get the ball to our attackers, our only sub was a striker for a striker. It felt a bit pointless: we couldn't get the ball to Greenwood and Rashford, why would it be any better with Martial and Rashford?

Bruno should have been brought off. I understand leaving him on, he's our best player, can always pull something out of the hat and he had a couple of efforts at the end - but he looked to be flagging badly and was uncharacteristically sloppy.

AndyMUFC

Boring as feck from both sides, similar to the Arsenal and Chelsea games from earlier in the season but I’ll take the point.

Shaw and Lindelof had good solid games and that’s about all there is to say.

Cpt Negative

Solid defensive performance against City. Rashford was woeful, poor runs and control, no idea how he lasted the 90

Steven7290

One nice move from that right hand side which Bruno fecked up In otherwise a torrid watch. Both Ole and Pep has no intention of fighting for a win, only difference is they keep the ball in our half and we keep the ball away from their half.

slored1

Happy with the first half, not happy with the second. Couldn’t impose ourselves.

TrustInOle

Will take it, neither team wanted to give anything away. Maguire MotM, stopped everything they threw at him.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
fecking everyone coming off hugging and smiling. Such a tepid game, where was the rivalry ffs.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Good summary on NBCS: "Logical result. Man City happier with the result, United happier with the performance."

fecking everyone coming off hugging and smiling. Such a tepid game, where was the rivalry ffs.
Is it you, Roy? Keane? :D

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
If Bruno had been a little sharper and Martial on a bit earlier .... it probably would still be a 0-0, but there might have been a few chances at least.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I wonder if there has ever been a more dull and lifeless game of football played between United and City.

On the bright side, Jose would be proud of that performance. The fans less so.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How the feck is that acceptable? City were trash and we didn't even try it. Feck !!

koop

AWB, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McT and Bruno played very well.
Pogba was better than usual, no surprise there since he's trying to up his value.
Rashford, Greenwood non existent. Martial comes on and jogs around like hes played the whole game (nothing new).

Too much of a pattern of our midfielders getting the ball and playing it back to our defense.
If Cavani was fit I have a feeling we would win that.

BUT result is better than we all expected to be honest.

TommiHelm

I guess this is "the United way" now then. Mourinho would be absolutely blasted by the same people that are going to praise Ole for his amazing tactical performance here.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tactically negative performance. We deserve better than that, it’s not how top clubs perform. Two midfielders that can’t play a ball, and putting our ‘wingers’ as wide and deep as humanely possible. We didn’t lose, but having to watch that is a loss for us all.
Ole has built, in my opinion, a good squad of players, he just doesn’t look like the man to get the best out of them.

steffyr2

Really boring game, wonder where all that great style was packed away today. For both sides.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Most boring derby game I've seen, can't imagine this happening with fans in the stadium. Roy Hodgson and Palace came to OT with a more attacking intent than Pep and City.

bsCallout

Fed up with Rashford always playing.

City played too defensive themselves for Ole's dreams of a counter attacking masterclass. Too scared to change it and go for the kill.

A draw in this game is never a bad results but the lack of aggression in that second half, in a Manchester derby was hard to stomach.

Our forwards all snatched at any opportunity they were given.

Stalemate. Boring. But individually the majority of our players did their job well.

Matt851

sort of feels ok given our home form and the leipzig game but it is very uninspiring. Especially given this city team look quite average. I would however like to see some progress towards being able to compete more proactively in these games rather than being reliant on a back to the wall approach all the time. Can't imagine it happening under ole

sparx99

1pt isn’t worth it. We’ll likely fall further behind other teams this weekend and the fact our coaches will see this as a point gained instead of 2pts lost speaks volumes.

We’ve played Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and City at home. We’ve got 2pts. Scored 1 goal. And we now have all of them away from home with crowds likely back.

Gordon S

I feared a trashing so i`m happy with a point. Lots of players needs rest now. That was less intense than most training games.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Grim watch from both teams, but a clean sheet is about the only positive I can take from that.

CM

Boring game and too afraid to go for it. Feel like we didn't create a single chance in that second half.

STBJohnny

What a joke of a game. City were there for the taking. Ole bottled it. Too negative again. How far we have fallin' as a club when we are happy with a draw at home.

space

No fire, no energy, no risk - just cuddles and relief from the players and staff at the end. No subs, no passion...

What a joke and what a bunch of wimps we have. City was dreadful, our back four must be so happy today they had feck all to do

The worst part is I didn't care, I wasn't nervous at end or shouting at my TV for us to push and score, just numb - same as versus Arsenal and Chelsea

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 271 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 15% Man Utd 1:3 Man City