LC L League Cup Semi-Final

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Wed, 06 January 2021

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I want to know how come Maguire wins every header when we have a corner and can never do anything with them? Every other side he's played for he seems to bury these chances, and us, nowhere near. Bizarre.
He's one of the best in the world at winning the actual headers, but possibly the worst at directing them towards goal.

Balance, Harry. Balance is where it's at.

Sigh.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Watched a bit in the first half and thought United were more dangerous. Surprised with the final result but it's just the league cup.

croadyman

Missing proper wingers as well.
Why not give Pallestri a go on Sat and after he has had some training sessions just give Diallo some opportunities as well. There is nothing to lose and they might just surprise you Ole.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
From a man management perspective there was absolutely no discipline or cohesion in the final third. He should have been off the touch line giving an earful but they all just continued to do their own thing.
I hate that he rarely does this

kirk buttercup

its a work in progress .We underfired a bit tonight but we are definitely making progress. Bruno is tired so play VDB . Martial and Rashford off it tonight. We need time and The overreaction is weird considering we are sitting Joint top of the best League in the world . Calm down and Enjoy as we get better. Tonight we were out played end of . But I honestly think we are a better team than we were 6 months ago . bring on the next challenge

roseguy64

As an Ole outter I'm quite happy, it's been a tough time recently but hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the Norwegian fraud and his lutefisk brand of football.

It's just a shame now that Poch is at PSG because we still had an opportunity to be saved.
You're disgusting.

MS4

They were the better team. Could not care less about the EFL Cup though

big rons sovereign

Downed by 2 set pieces.
1st one was an excellent cross that no defender wants to touch. But I can't help thinking that Bailly would've thrown himself at it.
2nd, wtf was that, How come we always clear corners to the opposition midfielders? It was a decent strike but so easily preventable.

Don't like rashford on the right. He seems lost there.

roseguy64

Disappointed VDB didn't come on sooner. Should have got Fred and McTominay off for VDB and Greenwood much sooner.

croadyman

Downed by 2 set pieces.
1st one was an excellent cross that no defender wants to touch. But I can't help thinking that Bailly would've thrown himself at it.
2nd, wtf was that, How come we always clear corners to the opposition midfielders? It was a decent strike but so easily preventable.

Don't like rashford on the right. He seems lost there.
Yeah Bailly makes Maguire so much more confident and how Ole cannot see it just is absolutely baffling

cyril C

Don't know what people are complaining about. This is not Leeds or WBA, this is supposed to be a big game, so you will never have 30 shots on goal. When you compared the stats on either side, 11 V 12 shots is about right. What matter is the quality of shot, error in defending (another set piece!). When City had 4 on target we had 2, about sum up our big game performance. Missing Cavani already?

croadyman

Lindelof one of his favourites maybe?
Yeah and you should never have favourites as a manager EVER, he needs to show more clear thinking when picking the team for Burnley. I also pray to god he gives his CB partner a rare day off on Sat too with two huge games next week

Infra-red

Watched a bit in the first half and thought United were more dangerous. Surprised with the final result but it's just the league cup.
Got what we deserved overall. We didn't play terribly but City have a better team and a better manager. It happens.

James Ward

Id love Grealish left, Rashford center, Sancho right.

Martial just pretends to be a good player at this stage. His dive was atrocious.

roseguy64

Beaten by the better side.

The greenwood sub changed the game, we were having a dominant spell and it upset the flow big time, poor by Ole.

Need to play rashford centrally not Martial as he lacks movement.

Not too far away and if we add Grealish and a new right back in the summer we will see yet more improvements.

Maguire and shaw were good
Rashford is not a centre forward.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think credit also has to go on Pep. After losing 3x to Ole last season, he’s finally know how to counter Ole’s tactic without being defensive. At least this defeat came from the semi final league cup, let’s hope we take this as lesson, get a tactic that can counter Pep’s and win the league game when we meet them again.

Strelok

As an Ole outter I'm quite happy, it's been a tough time recently but hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the Norwegian fraud and his lutefisk brand of football.

It's just a shame now that Poch is at PSG because we still had an opportunity to be saved.
This is probably the most disgusting post/poster I've ever seen here.

U.N.C.L.E

The future is now, old man.
We proper lack creativity when Bruno has a bad game, this is exactly why Pogba out & Grealish in is the way forward this summer
This! Pogba has to be the most overrated player in our squad - those whining about Martial or (insert name of forward currently on your shit list) not scoring seem to forget that they can not pull the trigger if the midfield aren’t loading the gun.

rotherham_red

The more I think about it, the more the game yesterday reminded me of the Chelsea away match in 2006. Where we were in the middle of a run of good form and recovered from a bad period of time but the game between ourselves and the top dogs was just too soon and we got dealt with easily. We regrouped and learned from the mistakes that time and the onus is on us now to learn from them this time round

redmanx

I see it didnt take long for the anti Ole brigade to strike up the same old tune. But no, we were not good enough tonight, nowhere near good enough. Too many players had bad games, including Bruno, Marcus and Anthony and others didnt step up to the plate. Again we conceded a sloppy goal and again players switched off and lost focus. Lets hope Woodwood is true to his word and Ole will have money for new signings. Id love to see Grealish alongside Bruno and we badly need a class centre half to partner Maguire. Hopefully we can hit back hard against Watford.

croadyman

The more I think about it, the more the game yesterday reminded me of the Chelsea away match in 2006. Where we were in the middle of a run of good form and recovered from a bad period of time but the game between ourselves and the top dogs was just too soon and we got dealt with easily. We regrouped and learned from the mistakes that time and the onus is on us now to learn from them this time round
Was that the 3-0 where they won the league and Rooney got injured

Cantonagotmehere

Bummer.

Martial, just can't quite do it. Man, he was frustrating tonight.

Oh well, please smash Burnley. Don't let them kick too many achilles please, Mr. Ref.

eddiegordo

Martial and Rashford on the pitch together isn't good imo, at least not without a great striker to be in position for them to lay it off too. Right now they are both good at making runs into the box but there is no end product.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 241 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 38% Man Utd 2:1 Man City
  • 10% Man Utd 1:2 Man City