PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Manchester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 06 November 2021

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Pep just defined us in a sentence: They make the ball do the work and from there everything will be elementary.

It’s a literal polar opposite of what they do.

Ixion

I have never seen an interview with Ole where he talks about tactics like Pep has done here

Okey

I see this place is as quiet as my United WhatsApp group. Compare with after the loss to Liverpool. This is the sound of resignation. Of not much left to be said. What hope do we have of we didn't get a reaction from the board after Liverpool?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole now owns 21% of manchester united’s home defeats in the PL

Suedesi

I think we played well, if Ole is backed in the summer and we manage to bring in Declan Rice, we will wipe the floor with City and Liverpool next season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It will be a disgrace if Ole survives this.
This won't cause even the faintest ripple of worries in the board.
The Liverpool 5-0 did, and I think he was tiptoing on ice then, but losing yet another home game to City? Zero knock on effect.

If we lose say Watford, Chelsea and Arsenal back to back, then yes the pressure cooker will be close to combusting, but you know we won't lose all of them.

Judas

Open to offers
I know so many of them were terrible, but how awful was Bruno once again in a big game? The bloke just gets overly hyped up for these big games and just ends up being a total mess. Couldn't even do the simple things right once again. I suppose I could do a paragraph on practically every player who was appalling today though.

Waynne

Fire Ole and the person who gave him the 3 year extension.
My guess is it was Ed Woodward.
A last feck you to the club before he pisses off.

Reynoldo

Christ that was depressing hearing an actual quality manager talk tactics, we aren’t even playing the same sport.

Nero

The board will see this as huge progress compared to the 0-5.

fergosaurus

Guardiola saying he didn't need to make a sub because it was too comfortable at 2-0. Says it all.

Wheato

We've been comprehensively beaten by Liverpool and City at home. Both teams didn't even get out of second gear and they both ran rings around us. The second half was like a training game for City.

All this stuff about us needing a proper box to box CDM. We need at the very least, 2 elite level midfielders and a decent right back who can cross a ball.

And an elite level manager who can motivate this team and give them a style of play that they can all get on board with, because this performance today was woeful.

City, like Liverpool, just switched the ball from one side to the other and we were too slow to get across. This was even with a back 5. We parked the bus and they still got round us for fun.

Right now, we can't go forward without being too open at the back. We can't sit back and hold because we cannot get out of our own half. How can we win a football match if we can't get out of our own half?

If Ole doesn't fall on his sword today we are not achieving anything this season. We are mid-table at best. And even then, it is down to individuals creating a moment of individual brilliance. This season was his test, with his players. He blew it.

Somebody please save us, and put Ole out of his misery.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
That second half was the worst I’ve ever seen.
Worse than Liverpool. It is hard to believe second half when 0-4 down and then you have only 10 men.

We don’t have those excuses here though. Like Atalanta mid-week, everything was there to do something second half, but we offered nothing.

I had never seen a game like this before between two supposed rivals. Basically one team defending a 0-2 lead and the other just passively partaking in a training session.

Today I saw people leave early who stayed until the end of the 0-5 and I’ve never seen go before full time. The singing section had no defiance second half. Ole too was booed for the first time as he approached the tunnel, whilst indifference met everyone else. The next home disappointment will be toxic.

We’ve quickly descended into caretaker territory, which I did not see coming, I must confess. If Atalanta convinced me that United need a new manager, today showed that Ole cannot even be a lame duck in the interim.

Siorac

It was worse than that. It was like a conference team playing in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. We don’t even park the bus well.

Not to mention; if you are going to park the bus maybe play Lingard, Rashford and Greenwood as a counter attack trio and leave Ronaldo on the bench. I don’t think Ronaldo is the problem but at least match you selection to the game plan.

It’s the same old thing of not committing to anything. Half press, half park the bus, I laying with fear.
Yes, we are very clearly just making it up as we go along, without any sort of coherent plan.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think we played well, if Ole is backed in the summer and we manage to bring in Declan Rice, we will wipe the floor with City and Liverpool next season.
I agree with you.
We drew the 2nd half so, in my mind, we won that match.
I'd be quite proud of that performance if I were Ole.

joedirt87

A nice and easy practice session for City before they head into the break

tjb

I'm a bit annoyed at the fans and the media. The ease at which they attack the players for managerial incompetencies is incredible. The talk of pressing for example. We've all seen these players press, but they were literally getting picked apart due to the system. Too close together to create counter attacking opportunities, too close together for the ball to go anywhere...but somehow its their fault. Playing out the way we do is also on the coaches.

Matt007a

That’s twice I’ve heard him refer to the Atalanta game as a good performance/result. Delusional.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 324 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 20% Man Utd 1:3 Man City
  • 14% Man Utd 2:1 Man City