PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 4:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 06 March 2022

Coops73

Come on Glazer’s why would you want to be associated with these cnuts, sell up, get out of dodge, save yourselves while you can.

Gorse Hill Red

That 2nd half was just abysmal, just no fight whatsoever. Made it easy for City. God help the next manager with these bunch of players.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Shite. Not the result, the lack of effort. Donate your wages to a charity, you don’t deserve them.

DDG can have an 8, Sancho 6.. I’m marking the rest 1. And they’re lucky.

So many players are not good enough… this needs a total reboot.

I couldn’t care if we lose £70m on Maguire. Sell him and play anyone.

And don’t let Lingard anywhere near the team/squad.. leaving, can’t be arsed, play with the kids.

Absolute shite. The worst group of players (taking into mental strength) I’ve seen in decades.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Problem there is Maguire didn't dummy it. The ball rebounded of the keeper through Maguires legs before he had a chance to react.

But don't let me stop you and that unknown Twitter person from pushing a false narrative.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We still don't have a midfield and we got dominated by City again. I'm shocked.

rpitchfo

I changed the channel a few times to see how we were getting on. Can’t waste 90 minutes on a Sunday watching Man City have 90% possession, I’ve got better things to do. Respect to the people who can sit through it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Outclassed but we looked better than under Ole. It's now clear that the key players who can't work in a high press are Pogba, Maguire, AWB, DdG, Ronaldo. The others are having to work harder to compensate so totally knackered second half.

But it's all progress. We are smoking out the problems so hopefully they can be fixed in the summer.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
AWB has two speeds, standing perfectly still, and casually jogging. That moment where he jogged to the ball, only to be smashed off it with ease by a player half his size, was just the epitome of him. Zero awareness, and just plays like it doesn't even matter. Dalot isn't the answer either, but Dalot was definitely playing better than AWB recently.

I thought we were ok in the first half, but two awful moments which obviously led to two goals. But we didn't even come out for the 2nd. Ghastly.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Good up until we scored. Then straight away after that and all second half we were terrible.

Every time we got the ball in that second half, you had four city players converging on us. They were working ten times harder than us. look at how hard foden worked all through the game, chasing down the two CBs.

I give up supporting this bloody club.

I said at the start i would take a 1-0 defeat where we dominate them. That second half was a shit show.

MonkeysMagic

If the whole squad was put up for sale would utd fans really care? That's what needs to happen but of course it won't. And the next manager will have to deal with these uncoachable players. Its almost tragic that a once glorious club has nowhere to go!

AndyMUFC

I gave up months ago on this team. Second half was a joke. Some promise in the first half going forward but were still all over the place at the back.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Well if they are going to just give up, then so am I. Just about as bad as it gets.
I can forgive a player for having a bad game. It happens.
But I will never forgive a player, a Manchester United player for not bothering to try.
That is completely unforgivable.
To coin a cliche... not fit to wear the shirt.
Unacceptable in the extreme.
Absolute trash.

Delano

Played well first half, but sloppy defending as always.

Second half was atrocious.The passing from the back was woeful, our midfield were hiding from the ball and they gave up.

Just so many problems across the team and it's exacerbated by injuries, players not being arsed and another doing time. Fecking shambles.

croadyman

Utterly gutless second half, though it really went up in the levels after that third goal

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That second half was paintful but revealing viewing. The gulf in class between us and City is scary big.

flameinthesun

Good first half surprisingly, although in the end nothing new learned:

- As every team knows we are terrible in defensive transitions and defensive pressing
- AWB is not a united fullback. Hes a good tackler, but has neither the mentality nor the talent for a top 4 team. Same with Maguire
- its clear there are only a handfull of players in this team who are up for a fight, unfortunately half of them just are not united quality (mcfred, telles)
- Think its clear Jesse and Rashford do not have the mentality to match their talent and for that neither are united (a top united) quality

All in all nothing new learned, we are what we are. Hopefully in the summer we can ship a lot out, but I doubt it.

RedIan

Decent effort first half…. We were well in the game.

wtf happened 2nd half? city moved up a gear and we simply Couldn’t get near them. When we did get the ball we just gave it straight back to them With inept passing.

The gulf in class was massive, Fred and McTominay cannot anchor our midfield next season. Both are no where near good enough at the top level.
Pogba was disappointing, AWB poor, Rashford and Jesse may as well not have bothered coming on..

Bruno not great but worked hard especially first half.

outclassed 2nd half simple as that.

Our New managers got a huge task to get us anywhere near the level of the top two.

Aretak

The second half was one of the most embarrassing displays I've ever seen from a United team. Not a single player out there looked remotely arsed. Even Fernandes gave up. Hard to blame him to be honest when he looks at the absolute dross around him. Years away from being able to compete with City and Liverpool, even if everything goes perfectly over the next few windows.

Golden Nugget

I felt positive after the first half. Didn’t think we would win it but it felt like we played decent - and wasn’t played off the park. Second half we just rolled over and let them squash us. Bad before the subs; disgusting after the subs

BorisManUtd

Wow, shocking performance in the 2nd half, that's one of worst halves you'll see a team play, actually those 90 minutes against City at Old Trafford were similar to this one.

Great 20 minutes since De Bruyne's first goal and other than that City were class above us.

Really terrible 2nd half, we were non-existent. I said at half-time that 4-2 to City could be the result at FT but it turned out we never really turned up after the break.

Positive thing is, if Liverpool win the league in the end, it won't be us that helped them. If City win the league, it won't be us that helped them because surely we're not going to take anything from that game at Anfield.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Outclassed but we looked better than under Ole. It's now clear that the key players who can't work in a high press are Pogba, Maguire, AWB, DdG, Ronaldo. The others are having to work harder to compensate so totally knackered second half.

But it's all progress. We are smoking out the problems so hopefully they can be fixed in the summer.
The board have to be ruthless in the summer, do not renew contract, do not extend contracts ( you earn the right for that), get rid of the wasters.

Sad to see so many United fans saying they can't get angry because we expect to be leathered in the derby. Even worse, I'm amongst them. I have zero expectation of beating them now; it's a role reversal of how the derby used to be.

Wing Attack Plan R

Well, that wasn't very good. In fact, it fecking sucked! So disappointed with this team. I expected us to lose but I also expected more fight. Second half we just gave up. We chased shadows, when we could be bothered to chase. Again we looked like half a team with both halves following different instructions.
Sancho had a good moment.
DeGea had some good saves.
Everyone else was either bad or awful.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
If the whole squad was put up for sale would utd fans really care? That's what needs to happen but of course it won't. And the next manager will have to deal with these uncoachable players. Its almost tragic that a once glorious club has nowhere to go!
Bring whole ajax team and coach to you. Then pick your okayish players for squad. Definitely need to clear out some players.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Spineless. Gutless. No fight.

I'd like to see the running stats for today, abysmal.

AWB - Shit
Maguire - Shit
McT - Shit

Fred - subpar
Lindelof - subpar

Bruno - avg, goes missing in big games
Pogba - avg, goes missing in big games

Lingard - wasn't arsed
Rashford - hopeless

Goku1983

Not having Varane cost us today if we have him and Lindelof I think we possibly get a draw our luck really isnt helping when we are terrible already.

eire-red

Nothing learnt here, anyone expecting anything from this game was deluded to begin with.

Only positive is that it keeps City ahead of Liverpool. As for United, this season is beyond saving, I couldn't give a damn anymore. I'm actually relieved we can't use the "players are talented, we just need the right coach" nonsense.

Too much of this team are absolute trash and should be nowhere near this team. Bring on the rebuild is all I can say, and if days like this only highlight it even more, then I'll take some short term pain.

Anfield still to come.

Man of the Match

Jadon Sancho image Jadon Sancho 57% of 221 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 266 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win